Ask
    chek101 Posts: 134, Reputation: 18

Sep 19, 2007, 05:02 AM
    Some of my artwork
    Hope this works??

Here is some of my artwork.

The Man standing beside horse and cart was done in acrylics
    The Desert Girl (girl from Nat'l geographic cover) done is oils
    The mother and baby is my daughter-in-law and my grandson -- painting in oils
    The Cannon I built about 12 years ago - construction
    The Coach was built the year after the cannon - construction
    Attached Images
  1. File Type: pdf coach 2.pdf (47.1 KB, 291 views)
  2. File Type: pdf Shahara 2.pdf (57.0 KB, 237 views)
  3. File Type: pdf Transition 2.pdf (275.9 KB, 263 views)
  4. File Type: pdf Zi 2.pdf (74.1 KB, 318 views)
  5. File Type: pdf heroes 2.pdf (96.7 KB, 290 views)

Sep 19, 2007, 05:13 AM
    The photos came out too big. You may need to reduce their size so they can appear more sharp. Just click on the minus sign above the photo to reduce the photo till it clears up. I didn't realize this web site had provisions for allowing uploads. I accidentally discovered this just now. LOL! Anyway, enjoy.

Also the Heroes painting (the fireman) was done in oils as well, forgot to state that.
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Sep 19, 2007, 05:16 AM
    Okay.. great... do you have a question? :o
    Uber Member

Sep 19, 2007, 05:17 AM
    If you just wish to show your work, than member discussions is probably a better place for it.
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Sep 19, 2007, 05:17 AM
    Those are beautiful pictures. Thank you for sharing them.
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

Sep 19, 2007, 05:18 AM
    Chek,
    Did you say built the coach!!

WoW!

And the desert girl is just like the NATGEO cover... beautiful.
    Your acrylic work is so neat, I wish I could do that :)
    The mother and baby is so beautiful and realistic.Chek you are very talented...

And the firemen... I can almost hear them.
    Thank you for sharing your talent with us... is there anymore?:)

P.S. I couldn't find the Canon?
    rpg219 Posts: 504, Reputation: 81

Sep 19, 2007, 05:24 AM
    The painting with your daughter-in-law and grandson is beautiful! Good work :)
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Sep 19, 2007, 05:25 AM
    Wow and WOW again. Very nice, chek!

Sep 19, 2007, 05:29 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by firmbeliever
    Chek,
    did you say built the coach!!!

WoW!

And the desert girl is just like the NATGEO cover...beautiful.

Your acrylic work is so neat, I wish I could do that :)

The mother and baby is so beaitiful and realistic.Chek you are very talented....
    Yes, I built the coach and the Cannon and a few other things as well like my horses. I enjoyed building the coach. I went to the Library, found a picture of a coach I liked, copied it on their copy machine, took it home, tacked it to the wall of my shop and working from that picture, I built the coach. Glad you liked the work!
    Uber Member

Sep 19, 2007, 05:31 AM
    I like the desert lady, you captured the eyes beautifully.

Could you get higher res pictures?
    Ultra Member

Sep 19, 2007, 05:43 AM
    I think Cap, if you could give instruction on the how to do it(high res pics on the forum)... it might help Chek..

Sep 19, 2007, 05:51 AM
    I think Cap, if you could give instruction on the how to do it(high res pics on the forum)...it might help Chek..

I did notice that high res photos can easily be reduced when you, the viewer, views the photo. Just click on the small minus sign ABOVE the actual photo (in the same frame). Click on the minus sign till it reduces the size and the picture clears up.

Also I tried to get the cannon photo posted 3 times but it didn't work, Also I tried to include a picture of the drawing, I worked from when Ibuilt the coach. I'll try again, but if it doesn't show up here that'll be a mystery to me because all the other ones did and they are all the same size. Hmmmmm... weird. Anyway here goes... trying to attch now.
    Attached Images
  7. File Type: pdf Cannon 2.pdf (77.3 KB, 151 views)
    Uber Member

Sep 19, 2007, 05:55 AM
    I'm not talking about the size, but the quality. There are visible large artifacts as a result of compression which somewhat spoils the beauty of an art work (which for me is in the fine detailing and brushwork).

You might be limited to 5 attachments per post, by the way :)
    Ultra Member

Sep 19, 2007, 06:00 AM
    I agree with you Cap..

Sep 19, 2007, 06:14 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Capuchin
    I like the desert lady, you captured the eyes beautifully.

Could you get higher res pictures?

No, you can't submit high res pictures here; there is a maximum of how big your photo uploads can be. The photo uploads I posted were originally very high res photos but I had to use the photo converter (the one suggested on this web site) to convert the photos to meet the photo size requirement for posting. Most of my photos went in OK, but there are a few that just won't go in because even though I followed the same procedure for reducing them using the photo converter, they were not accepted and therefore un-postable. What gets me is one of those photos was an even smaller res than the rest of them to begin with. I don't get it, but there's not much I can do about it except go by the guide lines.

Btw, when I posted this posting in the Spirituality section, I did so because it was suggested I do that. Otherwise I would not have posted it there. I was responding to a request made by one of the people I was talking to on that board.
    Ultra Member

Sep 19, 2007, 06:23 AM
    That would be me,:)
    I suggested it because you needed help and I thought posting your work and going from there will help you in some way.

I don't think the admin and Mods knew the reason... ;)
    RubyPitbull Posts: 3,575, Reputation: 648
    Ultra Member

Sep 19, 2007, 06:28 AM
    Great stuff! Thank you for sharing!

Sep 19, 2007, 07:18 AM
    Thank you all for your kind comments. It is appreciated and I just want to say, "Have a nice day!"

Sep 19, 2007, 07:27 AM
    That would be me,:)
    I suggested it because you needed help and I thought posting your work and going from there will help you in some way.

I dont think the admin and Mods knew the reason...;)
    That's OK... I don't have a problem with it. How cool is that cannon? Also here is a portrait (being done in beads) of my son and his new bride on their wedding day last Dec 31st. This portriat is being done in very teeny tiny beads, but not yet finished. They are those little black specks along side the photo along with the needle and thread. This will use some 47,000 beads when completed. Right now there are about 28,000 beads there.
    Attached Images

templelane Posts: 1,177, Reputation: 227
    Ultra Member

Sep 19, 2007, 07:35 AM
    Can I ask some technical questions just out of curiosity?

Do you work from photos? If so how do you enlarge the image? Is it just by eye are do you square up/ explode photos?

You are incredably talented, and creative. Beads as a media astounds me - where did you get the idea. What's the support?

I'll have to pick your brains about oils sometime, I always use acrylics but would like to branch out as they lack the warmth and depth that you can achieve with oils. Don't know where to start really (they were banned at home and school/college when I was younger).

So impressed by the way!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Depreciating artwork [ 6 Answers ]

What makes artwork a non-depreciable asset? Is there some threshold value that the IRS recognizes? Isn't most "art" hanging in most businesses more a depreciable item of décor as opposed to a true investment that will hold its value or appreciated in value? If this is the case and we don't...

Artwork Donation [ 2 Answers ]

As Member in a 501 (C) (7) organization --can I donate artwork valued at @$5,000 and use it as a tax deduction.

Finding the author of a piece of artwork and the value [ 10 Answers ]

I have a piece of artwork which is also from the Paris Etching Society, It appears to be a beautiful watercolor labeled as"Vielles maisons en Picardie France.. It is #6 and the artist name seems to begin with the letter l and the last name with R. such as luen.. Remsau... or the R may be a B. ...

View more questions Search