Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Dark_crow Posts: 1,405, Reputation: 196
    Ultra Member

Sep 21, 2007, 07:51 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by BABRAM
    This is how the immigration process works, for example: anytime my family moves I have to notify the government since I'm a sponsor (Form: I-865). Yes, my family is tracked (Form: AR-11). That's part of the process for the privileges to be part of this wonderful country. Unless immigration laws are reformed in the future otherwise, that's just the way it should be; fair application procedures for everyone. I have to disagree with any Amnesty effort route and definitely with giving anyone lesser responsibilities to the immigration standards. My own family does not get that special treatment and neither should anyone else.

US Immigration Forms

Bobby
    Does the completion of your temporary status include the following requirements.

During the six years of conditional status, the eligible immigrant would be required to either (1) graduate from a two-year community college, (2) complete at least two years towards a 4-year degree, or (3) serve two years in the U.S. military. After the six year period, an immigrant who meets at least one of these three conditions would be eligible to apply for legal permanent resident (green card) status.

Or did your immigration begin with a green card status?
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Sep 21, 2007, 08:26 AM
    Does his immigrant status include eligiblity for discounted, in-state tuition rates ? No ;many legal foreign students pay a premium at American universities for the privilege. ;members of the US Armed forces are not automatically eligilbe . Many of them have to establish residency in the State in question .That is often very difficult given the moblile nature of military service.
    Ultra Member

Sep 21, 2007, 10:53 AM
    UPDATE

Harry Reid has not announced when a vote will occur on the DREAM Act amnesty amendment (now SA 2919),but no more votes will occur this week. Any potential vote on SA 2919 will not occur until next week.

It will take 41 NO votes to kill this amnesty. Currently, only 21 Senators are telling their constituents that they will vote NO on the amnesty.
    BABRAM Posts: 561, Reputation: 145

Sep 21, 2007, 04:31 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark_crow
    Does the completion of your temporary status include the following requirements.

During the six years of conditional status, the eligible immigrant would be required to either (1) graduate from a two-year community college, (2) complete at least two years towards a 4-year degree, or (3) serve two years in the U.S. military. After the six year period, an immigrant who meets at least one of these three conditions would be eligible to apply for legal permanent resident (green card) status.

Or did your immigration begin with a green card status?

My family came over on a legal status with relative and working visas. However if my family had to re-qualify for any of such I'd have to continue paying for that out of my own pocket, not at tax payers expence. But then again we already have college education and military service. :)

Bobby
    Ultra Member

Sep 27, 2007, 10:22 AM
    UPDATE

Harry Reid has decided to TEMPORARILY shelve the Dream Act until he can find another piece of legislation that it can be piggy-backed onto.

But Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, D-Nev. pledged that senators would vote on the measure, which is strongly opposed by anti-illegal immigration groups, before the Senate finishes its work for the year in mid-November. "All who care about this matter should know that we will move to proceed to this matter before we leave here," he said.
    Senate temporarily sidelines immigration legalization bill | Chron.com - Houston Chronicle

Semper vigilo

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hi!. my dream... [ 3 Answers ]

Hi everyone! My name is Chen, I'm 26, married and a mum of two. I work three days a week at a local café, and I enjoy studying child psychology and counceling in my own time. I have a bit of a dilema which made me find my way somehow to this site, and I was hoping someone might put my mind at...

An dream about an ex [ 2 Answers ]

I had a dream that I made love with my ex and wanted to make it up to me. He kept on saying he loves me. He kept on saying he loves me and I am involved with someone for a long period. Why am I having dreams about my ex for a few months.

Need help with a Dream. [ 11 Answers ]

Sorry I forgot to mention that I posted two dreams within one post.. I do keep a dream log, and I only write down dreams that I think need interepting, these are the main two I really do need some help on.. No one else has been able to give me any insight on either of the two and what...

Dream [ 10 Answers ]

I had a dream about my grand dad who passed on, We were in a dark space, I seen a spray of flowers, callalilys. I wondered what this was suppose to mean, while I was Having this dream. I thought maybe someone was going to die, I fell to my knees, grandfather told be to be still & I would know. ...

View more questions Search