Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pradeep_giridhar Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Sep 19, 2007, 02:42 AM
    Which product to be used for skin
    There are thousands of cosmatics in available in the market but a common person does not know which product to be chosen for his use which should be more effective and economical and more ever must not have any side effect
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Sep 19, 2007, 04:57 AM
    You are right. There are thousands of products on the market and the consumer does not know which product will be the safest for her. That is why the consumer has to educate herself and read the labels on these products, understand the ingredients, read the literature (if there is any) on possible side effects (both wanted and unwanted side effects). If ever the consumer is in doubt, then most products have a toll free number to call, where the consumer can talk to a representative.

This is a consumer oriented society, when it comes to goods such as cosmetics. But also it means that the consumer has to take an active role in deciding which cosmetic is going to work. It is not enough to walk up to a cosmetic counter and buy a name brand and think it is going to work. While I agree that the product should work for the consumer, you cannot know that it will, based on the label alone. The person selling those products should be able to aid the consumer in making the correct purchase but in reality, how many of those sales persons have had the ingredients and side effects and precautions explained to them?

For example, my best friend cannot wear any make-up created by the Avon company. She also cannot wear any of their perfumes and colognes. She is allergic. But she found out the hard way.

So I have not given you a cut and dried answer here. The consumer needs to educated and not rely on marketing strategies that are designed to sell a product. The consumer needs to shop around for the product as there may be more and less expensive places to buy the product. If the consumer needs help, then there needs to be avenue to take for that. Whether it be a customer representative toll free number or literature. Or someone like a dermatologist so that the consumer can receive help there.
    Saleem145 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 14, 2007, 09:39 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by pradeep_giridhar
    There are thousands of cosmatics in available in the market but a common person does not know which product to be choosen for his use which should be more effective and economical and more ever must not have any side effect
    I am looking for ARCHE Pearl Cream supplier from Thailand.

Help to find

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can someone please tell me which skin whitening product really works? [ 66 Answers ]

I’m a dark skin person and I wanted to know which skin lightening product actually lightens the skin. Is there anyone who was dark skin and used a lightning product and worked please let me know.

Skin Whitening Product that actually works for all, what is? [ 27 Answers ]

I've heard many products, Whiterskin,Herbalinn (www.herbalinn.com),Makari,ZBigatti,Pallid,Body Bleach & a few more, I hear Whiterskin works only for some people so I can't take a chance on that one, I always heard positive about Herbalinn so I ordered one from www.herbalinn.com (Is this the same...

What product do I use to LIGHTEN MY SKIN? [ 1 Answers ]

I'm a dark skinned girl.. well not dark as in DAAARK, but I am a dark skinned black girl.lol. I have been dying to try a SAFE product to lightn my skin colour (not too much, but noticeable.. maybe almost like a mixed race tone-ALMOST), something that won't turn me into michael Jackson. But at the...

Skin product [ 3 Answers ]

Do you have a product removes scares?

View more questions Search