Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chek101 Posts: 134, Reputation: 18

Sep 18, 2007, 09:53 PM
    Where is the soul?
    Did you ever wonder where in your body, the soul resides? The soul, which to me is the same as saying "spirit" is what makes us who we are. I think ageless spirits come into the body of every newborn. These are reprogrammed, recycled old souls that consistently keep going through the whole process of suffering through life's little agonies by enduring the early years of learning all over again. Kind of like kids who get left back from class and get to repeat the whole she-bang all over again. Till he gets it, right?

What I am curious about is where exactly is the soul? Is it really behind the eyes? They say the eyes are the windows to the soul. Is that because the soul is so close to the eyes that people get a stronger sense of it being there than anywhere else in the human body? That means then that the soul resides in the head? Right? To me, it seems like it because I am looking out at the world through orb-shaped windows. The recognition of what we are looking at is decoded too fast to have been the result of a few thousand acrobatic synapses swinging from stem to stem swapping information just so you can assimilate the scenery. I think these little guys have their hands full just trying to keep bodily functionality in sync. You might say they're soldiers, an army... a soul army. But the soul? That one I think is in a room all by itself. Don't you think so?

Sep 19, 2007, 11:34 AM
    ... not an easy one, is it?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 19, 2007, 11:35 AM
    Read On a Pale Horse by Piers Anthony to find out where the soul is.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Sep 19, 2007, 11:39 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl
    Read On a Pale Horse by Piers Anthony to find out where the soul is.
    Oh.My.God. I just got that from the library this afternoon.

Anyway this soul question has been asked:
    https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/philos...ght=where+soul

Sep 19, 2007, 11:44 AM
    Have to go look that one up! Thanks!
    nikki_22 Posts: 63, Reputation: 10

Sep 19, 2007, 11:48 AM
    Tough question! Personally, I believe that the soul resides throughout the body. It isn't bound to one place. It's just the spiritual essence of you while you are in the physical world.
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

Sep 19, 2007, 12:38 PM
    We do not know, where the soul is, but I believe that it leaves our body when we sleep and at the time of our death.

Sep 19, 2007, 01:00 PM
    On second thought, after perusing through his web site, he doesn't sound like my cup of tea, so I won't be reading him (piers Anthony). I guess he has his theories like the rest of us and is no more right than the rest of us. He's a writer, so he can be convincing. I'm a writer, I can be convincing too. And no, not published nor do I care to be. I like the gold attached to anonymity - peace.

I just have my own thoughts like you, wondering about the things of life that can't be proven but only alluded to. Nothing as far as I am concerned can be proven, only agreeable to the known laws of logic and physics as we KNOW them. Key word "KNOW." We don't know everything or we wouldn't be stumbling through life asking all these questions, would we? My thoughts on where the soul resides reach different conclusions all the time, because I seem to come up with another reason why this, or that won't work. That's when (like now) I fall back on what I know has always worked for me... and this is a little hard to explain... well maybe not so hard, just too intricate to lump it all up into one ball of yarn. Let me first ask, "Did you ever know something, you never knew you knew?" I have answered questions in that way a few times in my life, each time with delayed awe, thinking, now how in heaven's name did I know that? Yeah! Maybe, I read it somewhere and forgot it, but for some reason, I don't think that's it. I say this because I know that the soul is a completely separate entity from our mortal flesh, further separated, by of course, that word "mortal." How I know this is beyond me; it's kind of like every now and then I magically connect to some vaporous source, an ethereal line webbing its way through the universe, and all space and time. And I believe this source to be an internal data bank where thoughts, past and present, are collected, trapped like the proverbial fly caught in a web. I mean, what are thoughts? Are they not as transient as the soul? Where do they go when a thought process ends? Couldn't both, the soul and thoughts, occupy the same realm? End at the same realm? Almost would have to, no? Who knows. I can only say that I know, and feel, and sense FOR SURE that the soul is a separate operating entity/system.

Which reminds me, is the soul a spirit? Like say... ghosts? Ghosts are spirits, right? If so, it could be said that when we see an apparition, we are looking at the "soul" of the departed. Now here's where I really can qualify the spirit/ghost thing, because I saw one with my very own eyes. Strange how I just now realized that I was seeing a soul. But I did, and they do exist in visible form.
    Ultra Member

Sep 19, 2007, 01:30 PM
    I believe when we see a ghost we are seeing a whole different being and not a departed soul.

Sep 19, 2007, 01:49 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by firmbeliever
    I believe when we see a ghost we are seeing a whole different being and not a departed soul.
    What makes you think that?
    Ultra Member

Sep 19, 2007, 01:56 PM
    It is part of my belief and religion...

Sep 19, 2007, 02:33 PM
    Ok... I'm not a religious person in the sense that I don't belong to a religious group, and I don't want to. When I was kid I had to go "catechism" every Wednesday. It was a requirement. Mind you I was attending a public elementary school at the time.Theyd let us catholic kids out early and we'd all walk over to Holy Family Church to the class room in back where we had to sit and listen to this really scary Sister for a couple of hours. Then on Sundays, I had to march over to church again for services. And all I did was sleep through the whole thing. I can't tell you how many times I jumped out of my skin jarred awake because the Sister was staring at me inches in front of my face. Whoa! Talk about having the b'jeezes scared out of you. To this day, I can't take being in church or listening to a sermon... makes the hairs at the back of my neck, hackle.
    I've developed an authority complex, I think, as a result. The point I'm making here is that I don't fit into groups, not of their choosing, but of my own. I go my own way in all things WHEN I CAN that is... though my kids are something of a roadblock, not one I could do much about.
    I guess I wonder about the soul thing because I am aware of my observations lately
    Becoming more about what's next, than what's left. I see things perched from a high rock where I can see the water is rising fast. How could I not but consider all things from that disadvantage point? Then I think, well, that's the natural way of things... in preparation for letting go when your time comes. Even that irks me. I don't like being led anywhere. I will plant my feet where I want to plant them. I'm done following. Religions are for followers, are they not?
    Ultra Member

Sep 19, 2007, 06:03 PM
    Chek,
    I am a muslim, which means I submit to the Almighty alone and follow(try to follow) His guidelines.
    Islam I believe was the religion of all the messengers starting from Adam and until the final and last Prophet Muhammad(peace be upon them all).So I follow the religion of Monotheism to Only One God and I pray directly to the Almighty without any intermediaries.
    I believe that our souls do not die but pass on from this world to another realm on our death.This is where it will stay until the end of the world and we will all be gathered together for the Day of Resurrection when all our deeds will be judged and each will get the due we deserve.

Life I believe is a test for all of us,God judges according to our actions in this world.
    We are born pure in that babies when they die I believe are not judged because they are innocent and pure.

About religion being for followers, I believe all of us were sent into this world from the same Almighty God who created this whole universe.Some believe that religion is for followers, while I believe monotheism to the One true God is for all.
    I do not believe that we could do as we please and be happy in the life after death.This life is a gift,whichever way we decide to live it, we will have to answer to the One who gave us life.

About ghosts/jinn,I believe they were also created by the same Almighty God and they too are given free will, and they too will be judged according to their life.
    What we see in this world are the jinns/ghosts I believe and not departed souls,because I believe souls are at a different place after the death of the human body.

Sep 19, 2007, 07:15 PM
    Firm, I admire your grit and your steadfastness in your belief. I'll take your belief system over my NON-EXISTENT belief system, any day! Unfortunately I am not able to buy into it. If there is ANYONE out there who could sway me in that... hah... he or she would have to be one heckava good talker because I'm not easy to talk around particularly when it comes to religion. Nothing save Jesus Christ himself could make any headway with me in that. I only wish it were possible. Do you think life is easy when there is nothing to believe in? For me, it means I have only me to fall back on, me with all my inconsistencies and probably some faulty wiring as well.
    You believers got it knocked; you can soothe your hurts and cushion all your wrong decisions by falling on your knees and putting your hands together. Not me!! I get to walk through that double-paned glass, life slams in front of my face, naked as a newborn babe hoping I'll make it through intact... on sheer nerve, alone. I can look all day and night and ain't nobody but me going to be standing there dealing with it. But you Believers are never alone; you got the ear of God, direct line and all that. So why wouldn't I want to opt for something like that over this lousy long tunnel of reality that is the only path I know how to proceed through? Ignorance IS bliss! How well I know what that means.

I'm not pig-headed! Ok, I AM pig-headed, but I'm not inaccessible; I CAN be reasoned with. I just can't buy religion! None of it makes any sense to me. I sure hope that what I'm about to say next doesn't offend you, because you need to understand that I'm against religion, not its followers. Here it comes: Lessons? Ridiculous! Why? To be judged? Why? So we can come back and do it all over again? Why? So we can be judged? Why? So we can come back and do it all over again? Jeeeze... WHY?

Which is better: to think that we live only ONCE causing us to cherish our life and honor our loved ones, harder? Or does prancing through life with non-de-plum, believing we will all meet again on the other side, make more sense to you? One is the result of religion, the other, not. Which do you think is which?
    Ultra Member

Sep 19, 2007, 07:26 PM
    Chek,

We do not come back into this world, nor do we get another chance at life, it is only one life and that is it.

I don't hold anything against you for not believing... some get there later than others,but I do hope you find it someday, that what I say is the truth.

Sep 20, 2007, 10:32 AM
    Chek,

We do not come back into this world, nor do we get another chance at life, it is only one life and that is it.

I dont hold anything against you for not believing...some get there later than others,but I do hope you find it someday, that what I say is the truth.

Whether we come into this life again or not is just a thing of belief. Neither can be proven only assumed.

Say, Firm... on a lighter note... some fella over in the Members Discussion section has everybody putting up pictures of themselves. I put up mine somewhere around page 52, could be before that or after it. Cool idea as the kids say. There are VERY few photos of me as I don't like taking them, not that I have three eyes and no chin or something like that, on the contrary as a young girl I stopped traffic just walking across the street. Now I'm still a good looking old girl... Did I catch heck all the time back then! Anyway, the picture isn't new. I think it was taken in 2002 or 03 at a fellow co-workers retirement party, and if memory serves me right, he retired about 2 yrs before me. I retired in 04.
    Ultra Member

Sep 20, 2007, 10:46 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by chek101
    Whether we come into this life again or not is just a thing of belief. Neither can be proven only assumed.

Wouldn't it be too late to find out the truth after we die?
    Uber Member

Sep 20, 2007, 10:52 AM
    Wouldnt it be too late to find out the truth after we die?
    Not if we're good people during our time here.
    Ultra Member

Sep 20, 2007, 10:59 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma
    Not if we're good people during our time here.
    I am being the best when I follow my religion... :p
    Uber Member

Sep 20, 2007, 11:00 AM
    I am being the best when I follow my religion....:p
    And I am a good person for my own sake and for the sake of my fellow human.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Soul ache [ 48 Answers ]

I found out that my husband of eight years whom I would have given a lung to in a heartbeat has cheated the entire while. I have kids I can't end it all BUT I really have an ache in my heart AND now throwing up and diahreah. I am sick to mt gut literally . I threw him out. WHY did he cheat when I...

What is soul travel ? [ 3 Answers ]

How is soul travel been practiced ? Is it possible ?

Lost soul [ 8 Answers ]

Hi my name is lamocha I'm from clark county Ohio and I was put up for adoption when I was only 3 days old and all I now is that my birth mother had me at the age of 13 and gave me the name (Tiara Reen Richardson). I love my life now but I want to meet my real mother and father. I was only 17 when I...

60' Soul [ 1 Answers ]

Who played Drums on the Song "ooh Child" by the Five Stairsteps

Soul mate or many? [ 10 Answers ]

I would like to no iwhat people's thoughts are on the idea of a soul mate? Do you think that there is only one true love out there for us or do you think that there can be love found everywhere?:confused:

View more questions Search