Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

Sep 20, 2007, 11:02 AM
    So what's your take on where the soul is NK?
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Sep 20, 2007, 11:16 AM
    No take. I don't consider it an issue.
    Ultra Member

Sep 20, 2007, 11:35 AM
    I thought so NK,but no harm in asking... :)
    retsoksirhc Posts: 912, Reputation: 71

Sep 20, 2007, 11:38 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma
    No take. I don't consider it an issue.
    NK, I seem to agree with you on a lot of issues, and that actually scares me a bit... lol
    Uber Member

Sep 20, 2007, 11:46 AM
    Why?
    retsoksirhc Posts: 912, Reputation: 71

Sep 20, 2007, 11:51 AM
    I'm not really sure... it may be that there's really nobody like me that I've met in person, and very few people online that seem to share a lot of my beliefs and method of thinking. Every time I see someone who fits the description, it's almost terrifying to think that there's another one of me running around somewhere... heh
    chek101 Posts: 134, Reputation: 18

Sep 20, 2007, 01:22 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by firmbeliever
    I am being the best when I follow my religion....:p

I'm my own religion. I won't even let anyone else DRIVE!! LOL!
    Ultra Member

Sep 20, 2007, 01:27 PM
    :)
    pdepotty1980 Posts: 13, Reputation: 3

Oct 18, 2007, 12:59 PM
    I think your spirit can't be quantified as being located in any specific part of the body. Esspecially in Christianity, due to the common belief that our bodies are just a transport(mortaly) for our souls during our trials in life. Yes, I believe that the eyes are the "windows" to the soul. Mainly, because; how many times have you looked someone in the eyes and known that they were lying, or seen someone and just known that something was really wrong? Our eyes tell us almost everything about someone. Hence the saying "The eyes never lie". But are they truly the soul?? I geuss its all in what YOU believe.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Oct 19, 2007, 09:50 AM
    Think of the person as three beings or layers one being physical and the other two being abstract.
    Basically the soul is your thoughts, emotions and attitude that make you who you are and your relationship to others.
    Your spirit is your connection to God and the spiritual realm.

Watchman Nee:Spiritual Man Volume 1.

What is the difference between the soul and spirit of man?
    Uber Member

Oct 19, 2007, 10:03 AM
    Basically asking where the soul resides is like asking where does yellow live.
    Ultra Member

Oct 19, 2007, 10:09 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma
    Basically asking where the soul resides is like asking where does yellow live.
    Where, does yellow live? :rolleyes:
    silentrascal Posts: 194, Reputation: -2
    -

Oct 23, 2007, 04:34 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by chek101
    Did you ever wonder where in your body, the soul resides? The soul, which to me is the same as saying "spirit" is what makes us who we are. I think ageless spirits come into the body of every newborn. These are reprogrammed, recycled old souls that consistently keep going thru the whole process of suffering thru life's little agonies by enduring the early years of learning all over again. Kind of like kids who get left back from class and get to repeat the whole she-bang all over again. Till he gets it, right?

What I am curious about is where exactly is the soul? Is it really behind the eyes? They say the eyes are the windows to the soul. Is that because the soul is so close to the eyes that people get a stronger sense of it being there than anywhere else in the human body? That means then that the soul resides in the head? Right? To me, it seems like it because I am looking out at the world thru orb-shaped windows. The recognition of what we are looking at is decoded too fast to have been the result of a few thousand acrobatic synapses swinging from stem to stem swapping information just so you can assimilate the scenery. I think these little guys have their hands full just trying to keep bodily functionality in sync. You might say they're soldiers, an army ... a soul army. But the soul? That one I think is in a room all by itself. Don't you think so?
    If you read the Bible, read Genesis 2:7 - it says very plainly that when God created man (Adam), that Adam became a soul... it doesn't say that he was given one. So WE are souls. There is no shadowy spirit-like "thing" inside us, there's just us. Further, the book of Ezekiel tells us that the soul that is sinning will die. So WE, being souls, die because we are all sinful. It's just as simple as that.
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Oct 23, 2007, 04:44 AM
    I do not believe the soul is just one area of our body. I believe it is our soul that runs everything in our body. Can limit it to one area. Just like you can not limit our soul to our body. Our soul belongs to the creator and we are part of the creator so that would mean, in my personal believe that the soul is limitless. Our souls are all connected.
    chek101 Posts: 134, Reputation: 18

Oct 23, 2007, 08:37 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by silentrascal
    If you read the Bible, read Genesis 2:7 - it says very plainly that when God created man (Adam), that Adam became a soul.....it doesn't say that he was given one. So WE are souls. There is no shadowy spirit-like "thing" inside us, there's just us. Further, the book of Ezekiel tells us that the soul that is sinning will die. So WE, being souls, die because we are all sinful. It's just as simple as that.
    Listen, if you want to believe every thing you read in a book, then be my guest. Personally, I only read books when I need an escape from reality and want to bask in the world of make believe for a bit. If it isn't tangible and directly in front of my eyes, I'm not accepting it into "my" reality.
    As far as I am concerned the bible should be renamed "control." Aftr all it is a book of laws... written around all kinds of laws. That last said, no doubt probably set you off on a defensive binge. But DO notice that the first line in this paragraph makes no reference in any shape or form as to peruading you one way or the other. You have your own mind and are entitled to believe as you like just as I do.

This is how I see things: I came into this world alone and that's the way I'm going out. I'm braced for that though not exactly ready and willing if you know what I mean and don't hold out any hope that a minion of God is going to come down off a high perch just to take me by the hand and lead me to heaven. Belief in religion/bible (a set of conduct) makes no more sense to me than the Taliban belief in the "69 Virgins" does. All are ridiculous... however strange this next may seem... but necessary.
    savedsinner7 Posts: 412, Reputation: 52

Oct 23, 2007, 04:18 PM
    As far as the eyes being the window to the soul:
    The Bible says that our eyes are the gates to our souls, our hearts, and to guard them. This means to guard what we look at and participate in.
    I believe the soul is in our hearts. It is the depth of who we are at our core. It is separate from our flesh (human nature) and separate from our spirit.
    Bluerose Posts: 1,521, Reputation: 310
    Ultra Member

Nov 5, 2007, 07:13 AM
    Though not a religious person, I am a spiritual person and I feel my soul at the core of my being, it come from the same place as my intuition, and I love and trust it because it is a part of me.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Soul ache [ 48 Answers ]

I found out that my husband of eight years whom I would have given a lung to in a heartbeat has cheated the entire while. I have kids I can't end it all BUT I really have an ache in my heart AND now throwing up and diahreah. I am sick to mt gut literally . I threw him out. WHY did he cheat when I...

What is soul travel ? [ 3 Answers ]

How is soul travel been practiced ? Is it possible ?

Lost soul [ 8 Answers ]

Hi my name is lamocha I'm from clark county Ohio and I was put up for adoption when I was only 3 days old and all I now is that my birth mother had me at the age of 13 and gave me the name (Tiara Reen Richardson). I love my life now but I want to meet my real mother and father. I was only 17 when I...

60' Soul [ 1 Answers ]

Who played Drums on the Song "ooh Child" by the Five Stairsteps

Soul mate or many? [ 10 Answers ]

I would like to no iwhat people's thoughts are on the idea of a soul mate? Do you think that there is only one true love out there for us or do you think that there can be love found everywhere?:confused:

View more questions Search