Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dclarkafg Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 18, 2007, 08:27 PM
    Adoption,
    Is there a registery where biological parents, mothers can go to help their children find them?
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Sep 19, 2007, 10:48 AM
    There are several.

Adoption.com has probably the most prevalent one.

You should also register with the adoption agency that you placed through, as they will hold that information to give out if your child comes looking for you.

You can not, however, start a search until the child is 18. You can register with the agency earlier than that, but the information will not be given out until after the child's 18th birthday.
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

Sep 23, 2007, 10:29 AM
    Check with ScottGem, he knows of sites also.
    FeelSoNumbZombie Posts: 129, Reputation: 10

Sep 30, 2007, 04:01 AM
    Adoption.com - Information on International, Domestic, Child & Agency Adoptions, Stories, Laws -
    Coming Soon...
    PeopleFinders.com | Internet People Search & Public Records
    Free People Search by ZabaSearch!
    Yahoo! Groups - Join or create groups, clubs, forums & communities do a browser search for the state in which you were born into and the state that you were adopted into and learn the adoption laws in your given state. If the state has open records, then all it takes is a phone call. Reunion or not.
    If the state has closed records, then it can take a lot of commitment and time to find your biological family.
    If an adoption agency was used, you have a right to non identifying information. You also have a right to file a confidentiality release statement in your case file. If someone in your biological family inquires, a sister, a mother, a brother, a father, an aunt then all they would have to do is pick up the phone and call you. And then you and your family will take it from there. Some reunions are happy. Some aren't. Each individual family is different, just like the color's we choose for the house. Some are yellow. Some are sh brown. It's a gamble that most feel is worth the effort.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I need to open adoption records on closed adoption [ 13 Answers ]

:confused: I am looking for my son I keep hitting roadblocks today I found out it was a closed adoption I need to know how to get these records opened

Adoption [ 1 Answers ]

I just got married and my daughter's real father lives in other state. He chose not to be in her life. I wanted to know how or can my husband adopt my daughter?

What happens now with the adoption? [ 12 Answers ]

I wrote some time back about the birthfather getting a paternity test and what he could do after... well yesterday the results came back and HE is the father. Which I already knew! But my main concern now is... what will go on now? Will they judge him on his living conditions? His salary a year?...

Adoption - is there anything he can do? [ 3 Answers ]

One of my friends has a girl 6 months pregnant and he is wanting her to give the baby up for adoption. They are not married, just friends, they are both single. She tells him that she doesn't want to give it up for adoption. Is there anything he can do?

Adoption [ 2 Answers ]

I am a mother of a child now age 9. I do not know who the paternal father is. The birth certificate has no father name. I have recently got married and my husband would like to adopt my child. What do I do?

View more questions Search