Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sarah1989 Posts: 154, Reputation: 0

Sep 18, 2007, 04:57 PM
    Bladder infection or not?
    I had sex on Monday night and today I have what I thought was a bladder infection
    Its not this first time this has happened but now I'm getting worried
    The feeling I have is really uncomfortable its like I need to sit on the toilet and relive myself all the time its uncomfortable sitting down.
    Mum told me to go to the doctor which I am today but she said it may be something seriouse!
    Do you think it could be or am I worring over nothing
    Please help
    MayfairLady Posts: 147, Reputation: 23

Sep 18, 2007, 05:04 PM
    Sounds like cystitis which is common after sex for women and is esentially a bladder infection. Drink plenty of cranberry juice and you can get medication over the counter for it. However, untreated, or if lots of fluids don't work, it can move to your kidneys and require antibiotics. If you have a lot of pain it would be best to see your doctor. Also after sex.. go to the toilet as this stops the bacteria that cause this infection from infecting the bladder.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Sep 18, 2007, 05:14 PM
    Sounds like a UTI to me. Get to the doctor and get on antibiotics. Listen to your Mum, she knows what she is talking about.

Sep 18, 2007, 05:16 PM
    What is causing me to get them all te time after sex?
    kayakinggirl Posts: 58, Reputation: 5

Sep 18, 2007, 06:50 PM
    Are you using condoms?

Sep 19, 2007, 03:29 PM
    It is very common for this to happen in women as the tube (urinary tract) from the bladder is short and bacteria can travel up this easily during and after sex then they multiply like mad in the bladder causing the pain and discomfort. Men don't get it so much as the tube from their bladder is much longer. Passing urine after sex does help to prevent the bacteria from travelling to the bladder. It is not a STD just usually harmless bacteria that have multiplied loads in bladder causing infection.

Sep 19, 2007, 03:52 PM
    No I'm not using condoms.
    Could it be he has something and that's why I get one when we have sex?

Sep 19, 2007, 04:07 PM
    Cystitis
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Sep 19, 2007, 04:20 PM
    There are many reasons. To help you understand, he needs to be clean before sex, you need to urinate immediately after sex, make sure that you are lubricated enough and the friction causes lacerations, etc.

Stop drinking caffeine and carbonated beverages, drink lots of water as well as cranberry juice. Urinate immediately after relations. Make sure he cleans himself prior to relations.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Painful bladder infection [ 1 Answers ]

My young daughter has a bladder infection she just started her medicine, she is having a lot of pain and feeling feverish and clammy.what can she take for the pain?

Bladder infection [ 6 Answers ]

What are some symptomes of a bladder infection or sighns that you have one.

Bladder infection [ 2 Answers ]

How do I know if my mini daschund has a bladder infection? She is holding in her urine and peeing uncontrollably through the house.

Bladder infection/ yellow discharge [ 5 Answers ]

:confused: hey Well I've been having I guess a bladder infection (UTI) it burns when I pee and its really hard to pee and I got to go really bad all the time too and I have been take antibiaticsfor that but I have been getting a yellow discharge and it is freaken me out because there no oder and...

Bladder [ 1 Answers ]

I was wondering why I have a strong odor of urine. Im only 35 and I do the sanitary things to make sure I don't have the odor but its still there.I bathe twice daily. What's going on?

View more questions Search