Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    willys Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 26, 2005, 11:38 AM
    Opinion-sears 25hp-54"deck?
    Hi guys:
    Just found your site, looks great!
    I have a question which I hope someone can help me with.
    Here goes!
    I am in need of a new lawn tractor, ours just died after 14 years of exception service.
    I am looking into a sears 25hp, 54" deck model #60508. It's their top of the line tractor I believe. Not that I have bags of money to spend but I believe in the saying you get what you pay for. I have over an acre to cut and time is an issue. I was using a 12.5 hp-42" deck sears until Sunday.
    This new one is $3499 plus tax and a 3 bin bagger$499.
    It has a Kolher V twin 25hp engine,54" vented deck with front roller and 4 side rollers,automatic trans,cast iron front axle,cruise control(didn't know you needed it on a lawn tractor?? )oh yes... a cup holder!! Lol
    I know this is a lot of money for a lawn tractor or at least it is for me but I'm looking at the size of engine and cutting deck, and the future possibilities of attachments.

Any help would be apprieciated as the sale is on this weekend!! Lol

Also is there a better tractor for the same money out there and what is it?? I'm open for suggestions.

Thanks Willys
    thebriggsdude Posts: 1,096, Reputation: 53
    Ultra Member

Sep 26, 2005, 12:10 PM
    Kohlers are good engines, briggs are good ones as well, should have a automotive type oil filter, now you can also look at the other ones, now I went out myself, ( old 12hp industrial commercial is about to give out, but still is going ) got the Lt2000, cast iron front axle ( need that ) cup holder :D , 18.5 hp briggs intek ( just like the I/c but better, has a cast iron cylinder sleeve ) pressure lubrication ( just like a car ) and a oil filter, etc. etc. 42 inch deck, and the steering is great for a lawn tractor! I paid a little over a grand... but the one your talking about, if you feel you need it, it'll last you for years and years. Also I'd stay away from murrays, don't even know if they are in business anymore, mtd's are all right, they do make cub cadets and troy bilts. Craftsman may be a ayp, but the warranty is great! Also I'd go ahead with the new mower, and after the couple hour break in period, change the oil and fill it with some good synthetic engine oil, like mobil one, amsoil, redline... etc. great for those cold, cold mornings, and just makes them run better...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fan Blower not working in "ON" or "AUTO" in heat or AC [ 13 Answers ]

Got home from the Brewer game this afternoon and noticed the house was warm(78). Outside was 91. I checked the T-stat and it was set correct. Noticed the air vents weren't blowing anything. Went outside and the condenser and fan was running fine. Then I went downstairs to the furnace unit to see...

Rheem vs Sears Miser 12 [ 1 Answers ]

If I had to choose between this and a Rheem equivalent.. what cost would the Rheem be?is this a decent water heater? http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/product.do?BV_UseBVCookie=Yes&vertical=APPL&pid=04232144000&tab=spe#tab

View more questions Search