Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    blim Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Sep 26, 2005, 09:41 AM
    burning a CD and error messages
    I have XP home edition... I dowloaded and paid for some music on Yahoo music and now I can't burn it... I keep getting these 2 error messages...
    "Protected WMA file occured while burning 0x80404127
    "Bad Parameter 0x80404104

anybody know what the problem is or how to fix it?

THANKS!! :eek:
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Sep 26, 2005, 10:09 AM
    How, exactly are you trying to burn it? Did you check the fine print at Yahoo? There may be some block preventing you from burning.

Sep 26, 2005, 10:28 AM
    Yes I did
    And there is no reason as far as Yahoo goes that it wouldn't work.. I assume its an XP problem... I have never used my burner so I have no idea what the problem would be... hope someone does... ~help :(... ~

Sep 26, 2005, 03:19 PM
    Again, I ask exactly what are you doing to burn the CD?

Sep 26, 2005, 03:25 PM
    Well.. I downloaded
    Music off Yahoo music engine... the you save them to my playlist and then at the bottom of the screen it says BURN CD... you click on that and then the error messages come up...
    computergeek101 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Sep 26, 2005, 03:48 PM
    CD Burning Issue
    Hi,
    I have seen this before. Most likely the software your using to burn this music to a cd doesn't support that file type being "WMA" I only will download MP3 formatted files as most of the cd players and burning software will only support that file format. There are numerous converters out there as well that will convert your files from wma to mp3. I think that windows media player will actually do it as well :confused: I only download mp3's so haven't had to convert before. Good luck with that and let me know how you make out

~~Computergeek101
    Chery Posts: 3,666, Reputation: 698
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Sep 26, 2005, 03:54 PM
    http://www.gregorybraun.com/MSWinErr.html

The link will take you to a place where you can download a zip file that has a windows error messages program, you type in the error message and get the answer from a little wizard. This works with all versions of windows OS.

I don't download WMA at all. I stick to MP3, a good site to buy MP3 albums at reasonable prices is MP3search.ru. There are programs that will convert WMA to MP3 format and that should make it easier for you to store your music. Use the search engine and type in quotes 'wmatomp3' or 'wma2mp3' to find sites for conversion programs if your windows media player does not convert.
    Good Luck in enjoying your music.

Sep 26, 2005, 06:08 PM
    I tried the download
    For error messages but it didn't help my error codes didn't show up... I don't know what to try,. I am not downloading to an MP3 player just creating a regular CD... anybody else have a clue what's keeping my burner from working or what the error codes mean?

Chery Posts: 3,666, Reputation: 698
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Sep 27, 2005, 02:44 AM
    Burning program
    What Cd/DVD burning program are you using? Nero, for instance takes all types of music files and creates regular 'music cds' that you can use in any CD player. If you use the software that came with your windows OS, and just copy the files to a CD - it will not work in a CD player as it has not converted the files. I think WMA music files have something like a 'permission' code attached, and as I said I'm not a WMA expert but the times I did 'dabble' in them gave me such a headache that I don't use them. Be patient, someone will come along and know more about WMA and burning them to CD, so don't give up.
    LTheobald Posts: 1,051, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Sep 27, 2005, 03:54 AM
    Try opening the track in Windows Media Player and try to burn it from a CD there.

It does sound to me like there is some kind of protection on the file that doesn't allow it to be burnt to CD. At least that's what the first error is saying.
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Sep 27, 2005, 04:39 AM
    CD burning error
    Hi,
    You must have a license from Yahoo before you can burn or copy this music. WMA files can be burned using Windows Media Player; however, your music is write-protected, not allowing you to burn it.
    Here is a link:
    http://www.zittware.com/Products/CDM...MA_to_MP3.html

It explains what is happening and how to fix it.
    Also, if you have a Recorder (NOT the Windows recorder; the windows recorder only records about 60 seconds), such as Creative Recorder, you can set your computer recorder to "What you hear".
    What is the name of your sound card? Mine is Creative SoundBlaster Live, which has this ability.
    Then, you play your music, and just as it starts playing, click on Record on the Recorder. After it finishes, you can then burn the Recorded copy (no distortion whatever), to a CD.
    Best of luck,
    fredg

Sep 27, 2005, 05:31 AM
    Good find Fred.

As I said, this is probably somewhere in the fine print for Yahoo Music.

It appears that you are using Windows Media Player to burn and WMP supports DRM (Digital Rights Management). I suggest you contact Yahoo and ask how you get the license to burn to CD.
    Ultra Member

Sep 27, 2005, 06:11 AM
    Did you get the track from the Yahoo! Music Engine or something else? According to the Yahoo Music Engine page (http://music.yahoo.com/unlimited/) tracks are $0.79 and burnable (quite clearly says this). If you got it from somewhere else, then I would go with the current train of thought that the track is protected and can't be burnt.

If you did get it from Yahoo Music Engine though, I would wonder why it can't be burnt.

Sep 27, 2005, 07:46 AM
    I did get it from Yahoo
    It says... pay for and burn cd's... I paid for 10 songs after joining for $6.99 and paid $.79 per song... now I have paid for but can't burn them onto a CD... I wonder if any of my adware or virus protection would cause this? I do not have a firewall turned on so it can't be that,, I have contacted Yahoo and they seem to like to send you emails with not much information to help the problem.. I sent them and in depth email about exactly what was happening... no answers that help as of yet... anybody else? :confused:
    Ultra Member

Sep 27, 2005, 08:40 AM
    OK,

So while we wait for a useful reply from Yahoo, let's see what we can do. As many people have said, it does look like you don't have rights to burn from the CD. But as you brought them through this Yahoo Unlimited thing, you should have the rights.

Are you trying to burn them from the Yahoo Music Engine? I've got a feeling that you might only allowed to burn the CD's from the program.

** Edit ***
    According to this article, there is a restriction that means you are only allowed to burn a maximum of 6 times. Have you managed to burn this track even once yet?

Sep 27, 2005, 08:46 AM
    Yes I am burning them from
    That site itself.

Sep 27, 2005, 08:47 AM
    Also
    I went through their steps given for updating this or that and nothing still works... now it keeps saying "Bad Parameter 0x80404104
    Ultra Member

Sep 27, 2005, 08:51 AM
    And have you tried burning from some other program? Windows Media Player for example. Do you still get that "Bad Parameter 0x80404104" error or another, different one?

Sep 27, 2005, 08:54 AM
    No I have never burned a CD until trying this
    And I do not know how... (if you even can) to transfer the music I bought through Yahoo.. to another.. I have Nero-2 on my computer but I don't know how to use it with Yahoo or if you can do that... I am new to this burning thing... :o
    Ultra Member

Sep 27, 2005, 08:59 AM
    OK. Well keep emailing Yahoo about this for one. It could be a bug in the application. From the reviews of the beta of the music engine it sounded quite buggy.

Do you have any idea where the music files are stored on your PC? They have to be on there somewhere. My Music perhaps? If you can find that out, we can give you detailed instructions on how to burn a audio CD using Nero.

And if you don't mind, don't put the start of a sentence in the title and the rest in the message. It's a little annoying to read. Just put it all in the message.

I'm such a moaner :D

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

WMIPRVSE Error messages [ 4 Answers ]

Can Anyone help me?? I am getting a contining occurrences of an error message, every few seconds, that requires me to respond about sending an error message. It is driving me crazy! It says " WMI has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience". Any...

Two annoying error messages-what to do? [ 3 Answers ]

My system:- WinXP SP2. Pentium4 2.8 1gig RAM 1st Error "enable long path name". This occurred when trying to install latest version of Norton Live Update. Symantech support gave the answer to this, but I still cannot install,& get the same error message. 2nd Error "This installation package could...

Burning error when making dvd's with nero rom [ 17 Answers ]

Hey , I'm not sure if I'm posting this in the right place but I'm not 100% sure where the problem is :( but here goes. Hey guys , I have a problem when I try to burn a dvd. Let me explain what the process I been told to do when burning a dvd. I currently have nero 6.6 I open Nero startsmart...

HELP - Error messages [ 2 Answers ]

I keep getting the following error message: Runner error Could not load target dll ("Invalid BackWeb application id 4448364", error code 126) I only started getting this after I downloaded Yahoo's antispyware toolbar for my internet explorer. I downloaded spybot search & destroy and scanned...

HELP - Error messages! [ 4 Answers ]

I keep getting the following error message: Runner error Could not load target dll ("Invalid BackWeb application id 4448364", error code 126) I only started getting this after I downloaded Yahoo's antispyware toolbar for my internet explorer. I downloaded spybot search & destroy and scanned...

View more questions Search