Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    fixerupper Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Sep 26, 2005, 08:33 AM
    Dishwasher electric
    I am remodeling my kitchen. I have removed the old dishwasher, which had a 12/2 wire attached with it's own breaker - to code. Do dishwashers usually come with cords attached and if so, should I wire a new receptacle? Or should I assume I will have to attach the wire to a new dishwasher.

I know I could probably go ahead an buy the dishwasher, but I want to have all the electrical finished before the cabinets go in...
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Sep 26, 2005, 11:15 AM
    The older ones all were hard wired. If your new one does come with a cord, no big job to set a box and put an outlet in it.
    fixerupper Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Oct 3, 2005, 10:29 AM
    Thanks for the info. I installed a new outlet under the sink since I had the drywall down for plumbing. Do you know if I need a GDCI outlet there, or is a grounded outlet sufficient?
    Flickit Posts: 278, Reputation: 2

Oct 3, 2005, 10:55 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by fixerupper
    Thanks for the info. I went ahead and installed a new outlet under the sink since I had the drywall down for plumbing. Do you know if I need a GDCI outlet there, or is a grounded outlet sufficient?
    These are only required for countertop receptacles in the kitchen. No harm in using one for the dishwasher.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Electric Force and Electric Field? [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, Can some one explain to me briefly what's the different between electric force and electric field? I am having trouble to make them clear to myself. Thanks you so much. Jack

Electric Brakes [ 1 Answers ]

How do I wire in a Tekonsha Electric Brake controller into a 1992 Chevy Silverado Extended Cab? Thanks for your replies!

Electric Usage [ 8 Answers ]

I live in an older residential neighborhood that has overhead pole transformers. For several years now I have been trying to figure this out. My neighbor has an increasingly grown manufacturing shop on his residential property (MU Zoned). When his shop is running at full load, My electric...

Gas Vs. Electric [ 12 Answers ]

I am terrible with engines so I was considering getting all electric Lawn equipment. What do you think I would be sacrificing ? I have a zero Lot line so I don't have that much to cut and Some of the equipment is wireless.

Bath electric [ 1 Answers ]

I am remodeling a bath that has wiring for an existing switch and old light (which has an electric plug attached). I want to put in a new switch to control the new light and additionally install a GFI outlet. How do I convert my existing switch to light wiring to a switch that turns on/off light,...

View more questions Search