Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lisagonzalespc Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 18, 2007, 07:35 AM
    How to "cap off" electrical outlet in center of yard
    I have an old floodlight sitting in the center of my front yard that used to light a flagpole. We had to take it down due to corrosion, and now, we don't have a clue on how to get rid of the floodlight. Please assist, and thanks in advance :)
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Sep 18, 2007, 07:49 AM
    Can you locate the feed end of the cable servicing the floodlight in the home? Probably at a switch.

Best to disconnect and cap the cable at the house end, label that end to not re-energize, and then you can cut the cable at below ground. Again cap the end at the fixture end just in case the cable gets energized somehow in the house.
    lisagonzalespc Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 18, 2007, 08:29 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tkrussell
    Can you locate the feed end of the cable servicing the floodlight in the home? Probably at a switch.

Best to disconnect and cap the cable at the house end, label that end to not re-energize, and then you can cut the cable at below ground. Again cap the end at the fixture end just in case the cable gets energized somehow in the house.
    What exactly do I cap it off with? Please be a bit more specific. THANKS!
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Sep 18, 2007, 09:50 AM
    Wire nuts should do it. If this was a dedicated circuit you could disconnect at your panel.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

A/C or Heat does not work w/thermostat set "on" or "auto". [ 22 Answers ]

A/C or Heat doesn't work in "on" or "auto". Fan will not come on at the "on" position either. I changed the batteries in the thermostat. I also read somewhere to disconnect the "Y" and hold it to the "R" on the thermostat for two minutes. That will tell me if the thermostat is the problem. ...

Honda accord 2000 6 cyl " the light "check" is on" [ 1 Answers ]

My honda accord 2000 6 cyl. With 101000k miles is was with the light "check" on. I took To a non-honda mechanic and he erased it. The computer said that the code is PO700, and the mechanic said that it needs to have the "transmission rebuilt", and the price ranges from $ 1500.00 - 1600.00. My...

Can not "copy", "paste" and "cut" ! [ 2 Answers ]

Last week, my laptop was infected by virus, I sent for repair. After that, I couldn't find "copy" and "cut", and"paste" is in grey colour ! What have to do to have them back ? Can someone help ? Thanks in advance !

"Jim" cap [ 1 Answers ]

Why is a No-Hub End cap called a "Jim" cap?

Electrical outlets "loose" [ 2 Answers ]

My husband and I recently purchased a 16 year-old home. Great house, but we've noticed that when we plug anything into any of the electrical outlets, the plugs don't want to stay in firmly, they just hang there loosely. Is there anything we can do to remedy the situation?

View more questions Search