Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    saeagl Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 18, 2007, 06:54 AM
    Hot water to only SOME faucets in house
    I live in a three-level town house. The water heater is on the bottom level, and the only faucet on that level services the clothes washer which is working fine. On the middle level of the house, the kitchen sink gets cold water at normal pressure but the hot trickles and eventually goes dry after a few seconds. Half bath on same level as kitchen gets both hot and cold water at normal pressure. On top (third) level of house, two full baths (sink and tubs/showers) act just like the kitchen sink, with cold at normal pressure and hot just a trickle and then dry. Any ideas? I'm on plumber #3, arriving sometime today. Already flushed hot water heater and replaced expansion tank. House is five years old.
    stew_1962 Posts: 255, Reputation: 10

Sep 18, 2007, 06:53 PM
    2 plumbers?

Are there any shutoff valves in play here? Say, between level 1 and up?
    letmetellu Posts: 3,151, Reputation: 317
    Ultra Member

Sep 18, 2007, 07:15 PM
    My assumption is that some trash has gotten out of the water heater and has lodged either in the supply lines going to the faucets or the faucets themselves have stopped up. I would start by taking the faucets apart and trying the hot water with the guts out of the faucet to see if you get hot water.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Two hot water faucets not working.rest of the house if fine. [ 2 Answers ]

We changed out the washer (seat?) and spring in a leaky cold water facuet in the bathtub. Now, the hot water in the tub, and the hot water in one of the faucets in the shower will not work. Any suggestions, solutions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. Sgiuliani

No water coming out of the hot water spigots of any faucets [ 3 Answers ]

We shut off all water valves & finally found the valve to the enrire house so shut off all water supply. Got a temporary fix then tried turn on all lines (counter clockwise) so we have cold running water but all hot lines are empty... I keep going through the lines ...

Loads of rust in hot water faucets [ 1 Answers ]

We have been away from our hse. For long periods over the last several years... only this last trip did we discover LOADS and LOADS of thick rust coming out of all hot water faucets. We totally drained the water heater, flushed it out, refilled and still seem to have a problem though not nearly as...

No hot water from any faucets [ 1 Answers ]

I am not getting any hot water, actually not getting any water from any of my hot water faucets.

Hot water in cold faucets [ 1 Answers ]

Suddenly I now have hot water coming out of the cold faucet side of my bath and powder rooms. My shower has the kind of diverter that has anti scald and has always worked great. Now if someone flushes the toilet it gets cold. Is the diverter the problem? Brett

View more questions Search