Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Tyne26 Posts: 214, Reputation: 8

Oct 10, 2007, 02:59 AM
    Anyone have suggestions, I want to do this right this time??
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Oct 10, 2007, 07:02 AM
    Whatever you do, do it with confidence, and self assurance. Don't dwell on setbacks, or surprises. Females are good at reading body language, and emotions, direct eye contact is important. Don't focus on one female, date a variety and have fun. Being to available is a dealbreaker. The best way of dating is by doing the things you enjoy and they will want to enjoy themselves with you. So get a schedule of things you like to do, and go for it.
    Sandstorm99 Posts: 74, Reputation: 5

Oct 10, 2007, 07:54 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyne26
    How long are we talking.....the last text was on monday, i might leave it till the weekend but dont wanna drag it out too long. I would call her but i dont know her well enough, some girls dont answer the call or may not be comfortable with that???????
    If she is interested she will answer or call back. You will be shot down many more times than having success. I would call one last time on Saturday. Don't forget that text messaging wasn't around about 5 years ago. And what did we do before text messaging? We called.

Oct 10, 2007, 08:01 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman
    Whatever you do, do it with confidence, and self assurance. Don't dwell on setbacks, or surprises. Females are good at reading body language, and emotions, direct eye contact is important. Don't focus on one female, date a variety and have fun. Being to available is a dealbreaker. The best way of dating is by doing the things you enjoy and they will want to enjoy themselves with you. So get a schedule of things you like to do, and go for it.
    I am keeping myself active, I just don't understand why this girl text me to initiate conversation, I then text later to ask what she had planned for her birthday and I got no reply. I'm thinking of texting onemore time but I have a gut feeling I will get ignored as this has happened before and I don't understand why
    rol Posts: 804, Reputation: 162

Oct 10, 2007, 09:21 AM
    Well said Tal as usual.

Seriously Tyne, stop the texting, I hate getting text from guys that I meet , I prefer it they call directly and ask me out, text messaging is so childish.

Call in a confident manner and be the guy with a plan.

I think you are acting too needy , that's quite unattractive.

Oct 11, 2007, 02:20 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by rol
    well said Tal as usual.

seriously Tyne, stop the texting, i hate getting text from guys that i meet , i prefer it they call directly and ask me out, text messaging is so childish.

Call in a confident manner and be the guy with a plan.

i think you are acting too needy , thats quite unattractive.
    Well good news, she text me this morning, saying she has been busy etc maybe this is the hard to get part kicking in lol... I haven't replied yet but I will soon. When is the right moment to ask her out for a drink or something... I had planned to call her later today but obiously she has now text me... I agree with you on the texting but its better to call

Oct 11, 2007, 02:25 AM
    OK u are a busy guy with a busy life so u have no time this weekend to meet !

Call her tomorrow tell her you are busy this weekend but you would like to meet her next week, how about a drink/coffee at yyyy on such a day.
    Do it in a confident , non needy voice.

Oct 11, 2007, 03:16 AM
    ok u are a busy guy with a busy life so u have no time this weekend to meet !

Call her tomorrow tell her you are busy this weekend but you would like to meet her next week, how about a drink/coffee at yyyy on such a day.
    Do it in a confident , non needy voice.
    Will do, I'm going to reply to her text but I will leave it till later on today and I will end the conversation with something like "call you later"

Oct 11, 2007, 05:32 AM
    NO don't bother replying to the text, just call her later.

Oct 11, 2007, 05:44 AM
    NO dont bother replying to the text, just call her later.
    I will call her tonight then, bit nervous as I don't know her really, feel like a schoolkid lol

Oct 11, 2007, 05:45 AM
    What's there to be nervous about its just a girl! :-)
    Expert

Oct 11, 2007, 06:15 AM
    My confidence is constantly dented by females and Im beginning to believe I will never be with someone who I like and will get the same feeling in return.
    We sometime have no clue how our inner thoughts come out, and affect our actions, attitude and behavior. This thread was a good example of how your lack of confidence had your mind all over the place, and of course you thought the worse scenerio with this busy female. See this, and learn from it that it is you who are shooting yourself in the foot, not the girls. Don't let fear of rejection, stop you from being confident.

Oct 12, 2007, 01:43 AM
    WHATs there to be nervous about its just a girl!! :-)
    I called her but there was no answer so I left a text message but still not had a reply, I'm just hoping me calling doesn't look like I'm needy or something... some girls can be taken aback and may find it a bit full on calling when we don't know each other yet
    Expert

Oct 12, 2007, 06:36 AM
    Move to the next one. Don't worry about this one. When you dwell on it, the mind makes up all kinds of crap for you to worry about.
    KBC Posts: 2,550, Reputation: 487
    Ultra Member

Oct 12, 2007, 06:57 AM
    Relax TYNE,

Is life over if you don't have a date for this week? Or that night?

Who's standards are you living up to? Life does give to the ones living in it,not trying to control it.Let it happen on life's' terms,if it was meant to be it will be,take up some other pursuits for a while till you lose the edge your about to fall off.

Good luck,
    Ken

Oct 15, 2007, 01:21 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by KBC
    Relax TYNE,

Is life over if you don't have a date for this week? Or that night?

Who's standards are you living up to? Life does give to the ones living in it,not trying to control it.Let it happen on life's' terms,if it was meant to be it will be,take up some other pursuits for a while till you lose the edge your about to fall off of.

Good luck,
    Ken
    Thanks Ken a good point you make. I spend half my life worrying or being too paranoid that I miss out on the fun life can give, sometimes I just need a reality check and all you guys help with that. Your advice is spot on

Oct 23, 2007, 02:00 AM
    Time to move onto the next one I think, I text this girl the other day but she hasn't replied, she takes like a day or 2 to reply... I think if she was interested she would make more effort but it seems to be me trying to make conversation... I don't thin I will bother texting her again unless I hear from her, I don't want to seem desperate or bothered by it

Oct 23, 2007, 02:32 AM
    Yeah don't bother wasting your time.

Call a girl once, if she does not call back then move onto the next.

Oct 23, 2007, 03:27 AM
    yeah dont bother wasting ur time.

call a girl once, if she does not call back then move onto the next.

I just don't understand it, it seems to happen to me very often, in fact in the past year 4 females have done this. I don't know what I'm doing wrong, I have been told I am attractive, a great guy but still no luck... very strange

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search