Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    desmon1 Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Sep 26, 2005, 06:30 AM
    Diskette Problem
    I left abox of diskette in my car one day and the warm wheather heated it up is there any way that I can recover the data from the diskette... any tools or utility that I can try :o
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Sep 26, 2005, 10:05 AM
    Likely not. But you can try www.ontrack.com.
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Sep 27, 2005, 04:25 AM
    Damaged Floppy
    Hi,
    You will need some software to try it.
    Here is a link:

http://www.jufsoft.com/badcopy/flopp...gle&kid=gc1304

This is just one of many sites that offer a program to recovery data from a floppy disc.
    If you wish to try it, you can download the program, then try running it. If it can recover any of your data, it will. But, before it will allow you to open the data, or copy it, you will have to buy the program!
    Best of luck,
    fredg
    Chery Posts: 3,666, Reputation: 698
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Sep 27, 2005, 05:06 AM
    Speaking of Ontrack, I bought the 400 dollar version of the rescue program and don't use it, never have because it did not let me backup to CD/DVD, and that's what I wanted. Do you know of anyone that would be interested at a reasonable price? Or would you suggest getting a removable HDD and use that? At that time I was still working and making good money, now I'm unemployed and am lucky to pay for medicine and internet and cat food for my baby Larry. I think Ontrack is a good company, but I can't afford space on their server to backup my stuff.

By the way fred and scott, I tried to rate you, but am not allowed because you are so highly rated already, that's why I send you ATTA BOYS! Thanks,
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Sep 27, 2005, 05:12 AM
    Floppy disk
    I remember way back with win95, I used PC Tools and Norton Utilities and one of them did have a floppy rescue feature in them. I will look through my floppies and see if I can find it and let you know which one it is. You could also try at their sites. PC Doctor is also a place to try and PC for beginners. Good Luck. Another ideas just popped up, did you try run, scandisk /f in drive a:? Anything is worth a try.
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Sep 27, 2005, 05:17 AM
    This might sound silly, but if the case is damaged, you might be able to take out the tape and put it into a good case - my mind always looks for solutions and it can't hurt to try. Again, good luck, and from now on don't leave floppies, CDs in the car unless you have them in a protected case, like an insulated lunch box.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Playboy girlfirend problem.. Real problem [ 14 Answers ]

I have this new girlfriend.. that I really, really like (more than any other). She seems really nice... she was wearing everything of the "playboy" (earrings, bag, shirt, etc, etc) brand name / merchandise. I thought it was cute and a one time thing. Until I saw her bedroom.. It was 100%...

View more questions Search