Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Shanni4 Posts: 25, Reputation: 4

Sep 18, 2007, 06:08 AM
    If you could live your life over.
    If you could live your life over would you change anything?
    GlindaofOz Posts: 2,334, Reputation: 354
    Ultra Member

Sep 18, 2007, 06:15 AM
    Nope. Everything I've experience has made me into who I am and brought to where I am at this very moment. I could not imagine living my life any differently.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Sep 18, 2007, 06:25 AM
    I would probably have toned done the 'socializing' at university in exchange for a better transcript. :D Other than that I'm happy with the place I'm at and the things I've done.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Sep 18, 2007, 06:31 AM
    Hmmm, what would I change? I would like to say nothing, but that's just not true.

If I could go back and change anything I would have followed my passion of medicine after graduation rather than waiting 20+ years to go back to college.

To have the self-confidence at 18 that I now have at 43.
    Emland Posts: 2,468, Reputation: 496
    Ultra Member

Sep 18, 2007, 06:46 AM
    Amen J, about the self confidence!

I would have never started smoking to lose weight. (Thought up that gem when I was 17)

I, too, would have finished college back in 1989 rather than finishing in 2006!
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

Sep 18, 2007, 06:47 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by GlindaofOz
    Nope. Everything I've experience has made me into who I am and brought to where I am at this very moment. I could not imagine living my life any differently.
    I agree with GlindaofOz,
    Even if at the time something happened I had wished for it to be different.Now when I look back, each and everything that happened was for the best because all those mistakes,funs and joys of my past made me who I am today.

What I go through today will help me in my future.:)
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Sep 18, 2007, 06:48 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9
    To have the self-confidence at 18 that I now have at 43.
    Hehe, I thought about that too but then I think that I would be dangerous with that knowledge. :)
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Sep 18, 2007, 06:50 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma
    I would be dangerous with that knowledge. :)
    Knowledge is power :p
    retsoksirhc Posts: 912, Reputation: 71

Sep 18, 2007, 06:57 AM
    It seems to me that in most movies where a character lives forever, or at least a really long time, that they turn out to be somewhat like a bum or homless person. I can't help but think that's how it would really turn out. I think you would just learn to live for the moment, and not really have many cares. After you chase your dreams, do everything you wanted to, have all the experiences you could ever want... then what?
    Treeny Posts: 229, Reputation: 20

Sep 18, 2007, 07:52 AM
    I think back and realize now how many things I could have done differently,
    And how my life could be totally different.. I have learned through lives exsperiences,
    But to say I would not change a thing would be a lie.
    Some things I regret and would do differently is the most simple things that would have not
    Changed my life but the moment in time.
    I wish that when I was 8 yrs old and my Grama called me by my pet name and I told her
    Never call me that again Im a big girl now, and she never did and I still remember seeing the hurt look on her face, I wish I could go back and erase that comment.
    I wish that when I had to do a school report I didn't make up stuff to make the story sound good. I made my mom sound bad and she read it and got her feelings hurt.
    If I could go back to when my kids were babies I would have realised how fast they grow up and have played more held them more etc.
    kidsk Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Sep 18, 2007, 08:19 AM
    There were many things that I could've done better

I couldve went to a better high school
    As a teenager
    I couldve been more open minded about things that I didn't experience until now
    Had more friends and kept in contact with more old friends
    I wished that my first relationship with a girl didn't end so abruptly
    Its embarrassing how short it was

But now, I'm somewhat content with who I am
    I just wished I experienced them earlier
    shatteredsoul Posts: 423, Reputation: 130

Sep 18, 2007, 08:35 AM
    If I could do it all over, I think I would care more about me than my friends and believe in myself a lot more. I had so much potential, but no idea that I could do it. NO confidence in my gifts or talents. That I would want to do over. As for everything else, I would love everyone the same, but I would go back and love myself more.
    alkalineangel Posts: 2,391, Reputation: 323
    Ultra Member

Sep 18, 2007, 08:45 AM
    I think my past has made me stronger, but I wish I could take back the lies I told and the people I hurt when I was younger... I wish I had told my grandmother I loved her one more time, rather than missing our traditional thanksgiving at her house to visit my inlaws. I wish I wasn't so "smart" to my parents who were obviously "smarter" than me. :D
    shatteredsoul Posts: 423, Reputation: 130

Sep 18, 2007, 09:14 AM
    Yeah, not saying goodbye, I wish I could do that over too...
    wizzkid89 Posts: 243, Reputation: 63

Sep 18, 2007, 12:39 PM
    I think for the majority of people, life is defined by the roads NOT taken. It's the situations you choose not to deal with, or the people you decided to forget about, the offers you turned down, or on a few occasions the decision to not take the higher road and hurt someone. Obviously we like to think of the things we choose as the determinant of our lives, we as humans like to believe that we indeed did pick our lives. I believe looking at all you missed and decided not to take is just an equal measure of life as the stuff you did decide to experience. In life there will be regrets no matter if you truly believed that you made the right decision, the "what if" game is a part of humanity no matter how horrible it can be. And I'm sure there are people out there whose past experiences haunt them, and the decisions they made in the past continue to hurt them in the future, and for those people, and I think for almost any person, we should strive to atone. In my opinion, that atonement is not easily achieved but easy to set in motion, as the best atonement you can possible achieve as a person is start each day in the search of bettering yourself and those around you. With that sort of idea set in place, to attack the world every day striving to make it better by the actions you choose, regret or regrets won't haunt you as badly or they won't visit you as frequently, and for some regret will be something they need not deal with. And I think everyone here at this site, has some sort of that atonement in place, this is a help site, and we are here out of good will, and although the severity of the help we give is undetermined from day to day, it's a step in the right direction...
    alkalineangel Posts: 2,391, Reputation: 323
    Ultra Member

Sep 18, 2007, 12:57 PM
    You are wise beyond your years Wiz...
    Treeny Posts: 229, Reputation: 20

Sep 18, 2007, 01:20 PM
    What about you shanni? What would you do different?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Sep 18, 2007, 02:12 PM
    Hello:

As I look back, the only regrets I have are the ones concerning the chicks I DIDN'T do.

Yeah, I know. Not very magnanamous is it? But, it's the truth. Am I shallow? I very well could be.

excon
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Sep 18, 2007, 04:12 PM
    The one thing I would change would be not to ever go on that first date with the guy who became my fiancé who became my daughter's father. While I do not regret my daughter in any possible way, there had to be another way she could have been born and still be my daughter.
    Skell Posts: 1,863, Reputation: 514
    Ultra Member

Sep 18, 2007, 04:26 PM
    I would change lots of thing I think. That does mean I regret them? Not really. But hindsight is a wonderful thing. I don't live in the past but I certainly analyse my actions and try to learn from them.

I always find it hard to believe when I hear someone say they have no regrets. To me it means they aren't being critical enough of themselves.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

The best way to live life (in my opinion.:D.) [ 1 Answers ]

1. Don't be ashamed of who or what you are. Imperfection makes U PERFECT! 2. U r how you were meant to be, if other people say that you are freak, well then BE! A happy freak! Because you love your freakiness! You are happy when you are your freaky SELF!. :) 3. Be happy for you are unique....

Learning to live 'MY' life. [ 4 Answers ]

I have recently initiated a divorce from my husband and I am trying to learn to live life by myself. I am starting over. It is the hardest thing I have ever had to do in my life. I am living in my parent’s basement and I wake up everyday and remember why I am there. I know that one day I will...

Live with mom- want to live with dad across country [ 3 Answers ]

I live with my mom with my 3 siblings. She has full custody. My dad is getting married and moving to California. I want to go with him. He knows that and says its OK if my mom says its OK. If my mom says no, what happens? Do I go to court? Do I easily loose if I don't have a ligitiment reason to...

Does anyone watch "One Life to Live"?! [ 3 Answers ]

Is anyone out there an avid watcher of the daytime soap "One Life to Live"? I can't catch it during the day so I try to watch it the same night on the soap network but recently I've missed too many episodes and am SO lost. What happened to John? Is he really dead or just laying in a coma somewhere...

View more questions Search