Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    123321 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 18, 2007, 05:57 AM
    Steps to be a good writer.
    Every time I want to start writing ,I find difficulties maybe because English is a foreign language for me,but not all great writers are the natives.Can you help me?
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Sep 18, 2007, 10:23 PM
    What is your native language, please? Are you looking to find ways to write better in your native language?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 18, 2007, 10:49 PM
    Do you want to write fiction? Do it in your own language. It can always be translated into English.

If you want to improve your English writing, this is a good place to practice in a mindful way. Read the questions, and really think about the situation, and then in just a few sentences give your advice or suggestion. Both reading and writing will help you. (In fact, since there are a lot of misspellings/typos on boards like these, make it a habit to look for them, like a puzzle, and mentally correct them. Don't point them out to the poster, or he/she will throw rocks at you.)

Welcome to AMHD. You will have many adventures here.
    jillianleab Posts: 1,194, Reputation: 279
    Ultra Member

Sep 19, 2007, 08:12 AM
    Are you having writer's block? If so, try sitting at your computer with the monitor OFF and just type. Type whatever comes into your brain and don't worry about spelling, grammar, punctuation, etc. Just write - with the screen off you can't edit yourself, and if you get used to typing, eventually a story or subject will come to you. If you have trouble with English this is a great way to get writing and not worry about mistakes or thinking of the right word. If you are writing in English and don't know the word you want, type the word in your native language (EX: if your native language is French and you can't think of the word "cheese" type "fromage"). You can always go back and edit later.

Remember, when writing you aren't writing the best, most perfect thing to ever come out of your brain; it takes a lot of editing, rewrites and changes to make a good story. Don't worry about getting it perfect on the first try. If you let the thought of perfection go, you will move into "the zone" and the words and story will flow naturally.

Good luck! :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Help with my dvd writer [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, I've just bought a external dvd writer and it will play things fine but if I put a blank dvd in it it says that the drive is not accessible incorrect function. Any advice would be appreacated Thanks Vyki

DVD Writer [ 1 Answers ]

Hi! I have a DVD Writer that can read dvd's but my problem is when I want to burn to it. It does not see the DVD-R (blank) in it. It's an HP 300n DVD/CD-RW. I updated the drivers and I reinstalled. The connection to the motherboard I believe are like a normal cd-rom.(power cable and the cable...

CD writer [ 3 Answers ]

I have CD writer Asus and Nero burning programme. I want to use CDRW and wish to use as like floppy disk When ever I write through Incd it burns and cannot write again. With nero transferring data I am facing the same problem. How can I use CDRW as I like floppy ? Please reply sooner possible

View more questions Search