Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    LuMMstein Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 26, 2005, 06:29 AM
    Slow Processor
    I recently bought a game that has a requirement of a 1.4Ghz processor, I only got a 1.2.

Is there any way of fooling the game or the computer into letting me play the game?
    LTheobald Posts: 1,051, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Sep 26, 2005, 08:47 AM
    Have you actually tried the game? Does it physically stop you from playing?

I'll search to see if they are any little tricks you can use while I await an answer.

Sep 26, 2005, 09:30 AM
    Oh yes, it installs and when I execute it, it comes up with a runtime error, possibly due to the minimum requirements. I just want to see if it's possible to spoof the game into letting me play below minimum requirements.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Sep 26, 2005, 10:06 AM
    Nope. The game probably reads the processor info. Something you can't change without damaging the processor.

Sep 26, 2005, 10:09 AM
    Ah well, thanks a lot. I'll stop being a tightwad and buy a new cpu.

Thanks again.
    scorpio_e Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 3, 2005, 04:14 PM
    Slow Processor
    There is not much difference between the game requirements and your processor. I would look more towards the video card requirements. Also make sure you have the requirements for direct X
    abnamro Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 15, 2005, 03:20 AM
    Try overclocking
    Try to overclock you CPU and then try

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

AMD K6 Processor [ 4 Answers ]

I need to know what the speed of an AuthenticAMD K6 processor is. I have just had an IBM Aptiva custom built and the guy who built it said it's supposed to be at least 500 MHz, but my system information is saying it's only a 266 MHz. If it truly is 266, how can I be running XP Professional?

Processor [ 4 Answers ]

Hi guys, I was trying to install new PIV 2.5 Celeron processors on a computer that was using PIV 1.7 Celeron processors but the computer does not even reach post despite the fact that its on. What do you think is the problem?

AMD processor questions [ 7 Answers ]

I'm getting ready to purchase my first AMD system, and I've got a problem picking out a processor. Just when I think I understand, I read a new review and get confused again because nobody seems to have a strong opinion about either of the follow processors either way. So what I want to know is,...

Processor? [ 3 Answers ]

Can you please advise on which is best for the same price in a new laptop Intel Pentium 4 650 at 3.4GHz OR Pentium "M" 740 at 1.73GHz ( there is a 2+GHz at a much higher price available) The Two are HP zd8290ea and Dell 9300 Series Reply to [email protected]

Processor Comparison [ 3 Answers ]

I am in the process purchasing a laptop computer. There are many processors to choose from these days and I was hoping someone could enlighten me about the differences in the many styles/brands of processors currently offered for these computers. I have always preferred Pentium 4 processors. ...

View more questions Search