Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    laura2007x Posts: 21, Reputation: 1

Sep 18, 2007, 02:15 AM
    Implantation bleed after miscarraige?could I be pregnant?
    Hi everyone,
    I had a miscarraige on the 1st September 2007, the midwife told me to treat this as a period as I was only just pregnant.
    I am now on the 17th day into my cycle and I have very light pink/brown discharge, I was wondering if this may be implantation bleeding and can it be pregnancy so soon after having a miscarraige?Please help x
    lil_pea07 Posts: 75, Reputation: 6

Sep 18, 2007, 04:20 AM
    I was told that after having a miscarriage you are most likely to get pregnant again a lot easier than for anyone who hasn't. Something about all the hormones. I work with someone that recently had a miscarriage about 2 to 2 1/2 months ago and now she is like 6 weeks pregnant or more! So yes you could be pregnant. :) I would wait about a week and take a test. If it comes out negative wait for your period and if you do not get it then test again. If its still negative and you still think you could be pregnant call your doctor. He/she will run further testing. But keep in mind that other things can cause spotting. Such as intercourse and vaginal infections. Hope this helps you! Good luck and best wishes! :)

Sep 18, 2007, 06:28 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by lil_pea07
    i was told that after having a miscarriage you are most likely to get pregnant again alot easier than for anyone who hasn't. something about all the hormones. i work with someone that recently had a miscarriage about 2 to 2 1/2 months ago and now she is like 6 weeks pregnant or more!! so yes you could be pregnant. :) i would wait about a week and take a test. if it comes out negative wait for your period and if you do not get it then test again. if its still negative and u still think you could be pregnant call your doctor. he/she will run further testing. but keep in mind that other things can cause spotting. such as intercourse and vaginal infections. hope this helps you! good luck and best wishes! :)
    Hi thanks for you're advice, I have never had bleeding before in between periods also I went to the clinic a month ago and they told me I had a parasite just like BV (Bacterial Vaginosis) and gave me treatment and that is when I found out I was pregnant.
    A few days later I had a miscarriage,I think that this was the cause.
    I had a follow up check at the clinic and the treatment was successful so I'm sure that it isn't an infection that is causing this spotting.
    Me and my partner have an active sex life and I haven't bled before.Is there anything else that can cause bleeding?and can it be implantation 17 days into your cycle?
    alkalineangel Posts: 2,391, Reputation: 323
    Ultra Member

Sep 18, 2007, 06:33 AM
    Implantation is extremely rare and not proven yet... read this sticky

I would actually say this is a result of the miscarriage. It is not uncommon for spotting to occur for a cycle or two after this. You had a lot of hormones buzzing around in there. Also was it ever officially determined that you miscarried, have you had you Hcg levels tested? Technically, you need to give your body time to heal before conceiving again. Most doctors will advise at least a month to 3 months. But if it was early on, it probably does not matter. If you are not wihing to conceive, please use protection... if you are wishing to conceive, I advise waiting until your cycle returns to normal to give your body some rest. Good luck.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Sep 18, 2007, 06:55 AM
    Al is right about the implantation. Think about it... the fertilized egg is microscopic, smaller than a pencil dot. So with this knowledge don't you think that it would not cause bleeding? If we bled every time something so minuscule entered our bodies and implanted somewhere (infection in a lung, bacteria in the stomach, for example), don't you think we would get "implantation bleeding" at those sites also?

Implantation bleeding has not been proven beyond the shadow of a doubt. Chances are your cycles are still a little messed up from the miscarriage.

Sep 18, 2007, 07:19 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by alkalineangel
    implantation is extremely rare and not proven yet... read this sticky

I would actually say this is a result of the miscarriage. it is not uncommon for spotting to occur for a cycle or two after this. You had a lot of hormones buzzing around in there. Also was it ever officially determined that you miscarried, have you had you Hcg levels tested? Technically, you need to give your body time to heal before conceiving again. Most doctors will advise at least a month to 3 months. but if it was early on, it probably does not matter. if you are not wihing to conceive, please use protection...if you are wishing to conceive, I advise waiting until your cycle returns to normal to give your body some rest. Good luck.
    I had a test at the hospital on the Monday after a miscarried on the Saturday,they gave me a scan and everything was back to normal.
    I had a blood test that day and it was 5.9 so the midwife said there was a pregnancy there as someone on average that is not pregnant is normally read at 2.
    Also the midwife told me to treat it as a period as I was only just pregnant so I assume from that my next period would fall at the end of this month x
    alkalineangel Posts: 2,391, Reputation: 323
    Ultra Member

Sep 18, 2007, 07:51 AM
    OK just thought I'd ask. As I said before, you probably will just be a little irregular this month... but I can never say never, so if you don't return to normal by the next cycle, I'd take another test or see your midwife again.
    susan carlsen Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 23, 2007, 07:28 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by laura2007x
    Hi everyone,
    I had a miscarraige on the 1st September 2007, the midwife told me to treat this as a period as i was only just pregnant.
    I am now on the 17th day into my cycle and i have very light pink/brown discharge, i was wondering if this may be implantation bleeding and can it be pregnancy so soon after having a miscarraige?Please help x
    Hi, my name is Susan, I also had a miscarraige on August 16th 2007. I had the same discharge for 21 days and on sept 5th I thought I was ovulating because if the texture of my cervicl mucus, and I was right ! I am pregnant again and I didn't even wait for one cycle, so good luck.:)

Sep 24, 2007, 01:51 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by susan carlsen
    Hi, my name is Susan, I also had a miscarraige on August 16th 2007. I had the same discharge for 21 days and on sept 5th I thought I was ovulating because if the texture of my cervicl mucus, and i was right ! I am pregnant again and i didnt even wait for one cycle, so good luck.:)

Hi That's great news, I hope everything goes well for you this time. I can take a pregnancy test on Friday to see if I am. Its just the waiting that is the worst.
    I will keep you updated on the results xx

Since I posted this thread I have been having strange symptoms such as a lot of discharge, It feels although it's a flow at times as I can feel it coming away from my body then I have a look and its just clear discharge.
    I also have a weird sensation on the left side of my lower abdomen like a hot pulsing feeling if that makes any sense.
    I feel although I should know how it feels to be pregnant as I have a 10 month old but I never had any symptoms what so ever, I wasn't sick throughout my pregnancy.The only symptom was a missed period.
    If I am not pregnant this time its not the end of the world! If its meant to happen it will happen.x

Hi just to update I am now 3 days late for my period, I took a hpt this morning and it was negative so I am very confused!
    I hear that it can take up to 10 days to give a positive result so it seems although I will have to wait till then.xx

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bleed brakes--max torque to close bleed valve screw? [ 1 Answers ]

Working on a '99 Miata. Changed the right rear caliper, but cannot find information on the maximum torque to close the bleed valve screw. My repair manual does not have this information nor the Kragen store nor the website of the manufacturer--Cardone. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

Implantation Bleed? [ 3 Answers ]

I am 6 weeks pregnant but getting a slight brownish discharge most days over the last week. Should I be worried that I might miss carry or is this norm. If norm how long does it last? This is my first pregnancy

Help Implantation Pregnant? Been Dumped Too! [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I slept unprotected sex with my boyfriend about two weeks ago (and a lot befre that) he then went away for 8 days and came back Wednesday just gone where we had unprotected sex Weds, Thurs and Fri. I think my period is due around now, but today I have got a very light bleed when I went to...

Implantation bleeding? Am I pregnant [ 1 Answers ]

I am 16 years old.I have started bleeding 4 days prior to my period. I haven't been on any form of birth control. My last period was on September 14,2006. It is a light color and it is not a heavy flow. I have been bleeding for 1 1/2 days. It is not getting any darker or heavier. Could this be...

Implantation bleed? [ 2 Answers ]

Can anyone help? I usually have 27/28 day cycle. Today is day 26. I have light brown spotting and mild cramping. Could this be implantation bleeding? We have been trying to conceive for 13 months. (we miscarried 2 months ago and my last period was 27 days) HPT negative but if we did conceive...

View more questions Search