Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Speedy059 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Sep 17, 2007, 11:53 PM
    Yasmin BC, tested positive.
    Hi all. My wife has been on Yasmin for about 4 months now. She was on Yasmin before we got married for 2 months. Well, she started to feel a little different lately and thought maybe she was pregnant. We didn't think it would have been possible since she was on the "pill". She took THREE pregnancy tests and they all came out positive. Is it possible that yasmin can affect pregnancy tests leaning towards positive? She took these tests 2 days before she normally has her period. I remember reading in a post somewhere that birth control is a not a elimination pill, but a prevention. I guess that is absolutely correct lol.
    lil_pea07 Posts: 75, Reputation: 6

Sep 18, 2007, 12:49 AM
    If she got a positive then she is most likely pregnant. Birth control does not contain the hcg hormone so it is unlikely to get a false positive. I got most of my input from this site: Your Birth Control Directory
    Hope this helped! Best wishes!
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Sep 18, 2007, 12:51 AM
    No method of birth control is 100% effective except having no sex whatsoever!

Ask her to go to her doctor and she can give a much more accurate blood test.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Not tested at all? [ 8 Answers ]

My niece and nephew are homeschooled by their mother. When baby #3 came in Nov. '06, they took a "2 month break" and are making up that work NOW. She said they'll be done in 6 more weeks, take a "2 week summer break" and then start the next grade. They do not take them to be tested for their...

Yasmin [ 1 Answers ]

I would like to know more about the birth control pill yasmin?:)

Scared to get tested [ 12 Answers ]

I just got out of a 2 year relationship like 4 months ago. I only had, had sex with my ex who I loved very much. I'm 19 by the way. We had sex when I was 17 and he was almost 5 yrs older than me and we had it continuously through the 2 years we were together. We were always safe and cautious. With...

Yasmin [ 1 Answers ]

I discontinued the use of Yasmin after being on it 3 years. I had some side effects I believed to be from Yasmin. Furthermore, my husband and I decided to use other methods until we Trying to conceive this fall. My question is: Has anyone come off this pill? If so, how long did it take for...

Can Yasmin do this to me [ 1 Answers ]

I started a birth control called Yamin about 4 months ago and since then i have had my period but it is very dark brown and not normal. Is there a chance that i have an infection or is it the birth control? Please help me because i am so scared. thanks :confused: :confused: :confused:

View more questions Search