Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    akms Posts: 131, Reputation: -3

Sep 19, 2007, 03:31 PM
    I'm going to some therapist physcholigist don't actuallyknow wicth I've told them about my sleep problems but we didn't talk much about it my shrink deals with teenagers and trans pple so she's fairly good I just don't tend to see her when I'm actually depressed and I pretty much ferget why I'm depressed when I'm not actually depressed but you have 2 skedule apointments my parents know I'm gender-queer but they think it might be a phase
    And my parents are strict about something's and not others

I just started taking ridlyne (im not sure how its spelled) but its used for a.d.d and deppresion I was just surposed to take it fr a.d.d but they thought it might work fr both and its working fairly well I drank caffeine witch I'm not supposed to but I fergot and now I'm kind of jittery it feels like my harts kind of quivering but besides that I feel fine

p.s my parents don't actually know I'm using this site
    METERRE Posts: 206, Reputation: 22

Sep 19, 2007, 08:49 PM
    I know it's hard to avoid it, but if you could do an effort to stop it with the caffeine a little bit, so you don't have any medical interactions or stuff like that. Have you ever tried taking any natural herbs or things like that which are to give you energy?
    And about your parents not knowing that you're using this site, I believe there's absolutely nothing wrong with using it, and they do not need to know about it. If it's in any way helping you, it really shouldn't matter if they know or not, unless you're revealing something important here that they don't know and need to know. If you're hiding anything from them that might be crucial for your well being, you probably should tell them, cause that way they have a better chance of helping you out more. The more you speak out, the more tools there will be for your help.

Sep 19, 2007, 08:53 PM
    Um the reason I don't tell them is because theyed freak out and think I was going to pull I gun out of my pocket that minute and blow my brains out
    They know I'm suicidal but I don't like reminding them

Sep 19, 2007, 09:10 PM
    Well OK if they really freak out bad, then don't tell them, but do tell someone who can actually help you instead of freak out, if you haven't already.
    Just tell me one thing... if you really get to feeling bad, will you actually, not just in thought, but in action, attempt suicide??

Sep 19, 2007, 09:16 PM
    Ok so maybe my last question was sort of stupid.
    What I really meant was... Do you think that you could really control an urge of feeling of attempting suicide? Like is there at least something, even the smallest bit of hope in your heart that would keep you from doing it if you got into a bad crisis??
    americangayboy Posts: 220, Reputation: 38

Sep 20, 2007, 12:27 AM
    You should keep a journal of your feelings. Just write things down when you're in bed/right before you go to bed. How can you forget how you feel when you have it in writing?

I hope you're seeing a clinical psychologist. You have some very serious issues that a masters level mental health worker probably isn't qualified to address and that a psychiatrist will simply try to medicate. I should clarify: you need medication, but you need therapy, which is something very few psychiatrists will provide. Also, your adhd medication is a stimulant very similar to caffeine. When you drink caffeine, it's like you're overdosing.

Tell your parents that their reaction to your problems makes you want to withdraw from them, they'll come around. Parents don't always know how to handle their children's needs, and if you're not upfront with them, they'll never learn how.

As always, I hope this helps.

Sep 20, 2007, 04:57 AM
    I have a journal but I ferget to use it a lot I like writing poems on the computer and stuff though

I'm seeing a fairly good therapist on a scheduled base and I'm seeing what I think is a clinical psychologist but she may just be a regular doctor less often I took a kind of test to see how smart I am in different things and to see if I had things like a.d.d and dexcelexia

I know caffeines not a good thing to have while on this but sodas the only thing that they sell at the skatepark so yeah also I'm not sure if its adhd I think it might just be add
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Sep 20, 2007, 05:02 AM
    How can you be transgender at 12 years old? That costs a lot of money. Are your parents helping out in this?
    americangayboy Posts: 220, Reputation: 38

Sep 20, 2007, 07:54 AM
    Saying someone is transgender has nothing to do with their genitals. Many transgender people never undergo gender reassignment because of the costs, both financial and psychological.

akms: try to remember to write in your journal. In addition to keeping a journal for your poems and other writings, you should keep a journal that illustrates your problems for your psychologist.

Sep 20, 2007, 11:03 PM
    I agree with the above answer...
    edfrienz Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Nov 18, 2007, 03:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by akms
    im having trouble with everything in my life if anyone cares post anything on this cause im probally going to kill myself if theres no one who will care if i die
    You should see a medical doctor and tell him exactly how you feel. There is a reason and many things in the body can get out of balane. Maybe the thyroid tests would be an interesting thing to check. What about your home situation and your age? Good luck.
    Richqirl101 Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Jan 2, 2011, 12:51 AM
    If Your Feelinqk Down You Can talk To me. Im a qood Listener :)
    Jusst Ask for the email
    Richqirl101 Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Jan 4, 2011, 03:39 PM
    Don't Leave This World. You can Talk To me If You Likee.
    Just request The email. :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I don't know what's wrong and I'm worried [ 4 Answers ]

I am 16 and I have been having periods since I was 12 but never regular always have been on and off, this year I have only had three. I went for a ultrasound and they said they saw nothing wrong.I am not over weight or underweight I weigh about 8stone, so I am boggled as to what it could be. I have...

I don't Know what's Wrong With Me. [ 10 Answers ]

My name is Mandie, lately I just feel sad, well BORED! I can watch t.v. play with my dogs, get on the computer. But I just feel yukky. What do I do? :(

Don't know what's going on [ 4 Answers ]

I don't no if am in the right part of the site 4 this question but awell, anyway I discovered a little white spot on my ball bag a few months back and did not take no notis of it and now the last fewe days it has grown in 2 like a very large spot/zit and also looks and feels like 1 it has a whitend...

I'm upset that's why I'm on here, don't know what's going on with ex. [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I broke up with my ex 5 weeks ago and we had minimal contact but I was bugging her a bit which iknow is wrong, when I asked her to come over she still came over to see me she said we were on a break so there was nothing happening. At first she said she needed time on her own and that she just...

My dog looks sick but I don't know what's wrong with it [ 1 Answers ]

OK my dog looks seriosly sick. She is still enegetic but all around her eyes is red like a vained poped but it has been likea month and I thought it might be a viral infection what do you thinks going on with her she is a black lab so if it is a gentic thing OK. Please answer .thnx

View more questions Search