Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    referee Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 17, 2007, 08:51 PM
    Breaking a real estate contract
    I signed a contract to buy a house 7 days ago, had a home inspection, signed off on addendum that said I would waive certain repairs yesterday. Today my dream house came on the market and I want to break the contract so that I can buy this one. I put a good chunk down as a deposit. What are my options?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 17, 2007, 08:56 PM
    Not to buy a house unless it is the one you really want.

If you have already signed a contract, did the home inspection and accepted that, you are fairly well buying this home.
    You need a real estate attorney to review the complete contract to see if there is any way out at this point.

But the contract is to protect both parties, one, to protect you, so that they have to sell you the home after you have a signed contract and meet the terms. But also to protect the buyer, who has taken it off the market and has been making plans on the sell.

So perhaps you should not have bought a house unless it was the house of your dreams,

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Problems with Executor of Estate not signing sales contract for real estate [ 4 Answers ]

My sister and I are the beneficiaries of our mothers will. She died when I was 17 and left my sister and I half of her estate, and named her doctor as the executor. I am now 22 and my sister is 20 (21 next month). We all agreed (verbally) to sell the family house to our father for $125k. He...

Real estate contract [ 1 Answers ]

I am in the process of selling my home. I need to know if a buyer needs to have an amount of money put in the contract as a "down payment" to the seller. You know in case the sale doesn't go through then the seller gets that money.

Real estate under contract - problem [ 2 Answers ]

Hello everyone - I hope someone can help me here. My problem is this: My husband and I made an offer on a triple-wide, it was accepted by the buyer. We went to get the loan and were going to get an 80/20 conventional because we don't have much to put down. Everything was great until the...

Real Estate Contract signed under duress [ 3 Answers ]

My wife and I were considering purchasing a home but decided against it due to discovering some problems with the wastewater disposal system. A bit of a legal "dogfight" ensued after we tried to get released from the contract but the matter has finally been resolved. As a piece of sidebar...

View more questions Search