Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Ellen2 Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Sep 17, 2007, 08:45 PM
    15 and pregnant Don't know what to do.
    Hi I am 15 years old and I think I am about 4 weeks pregnant... I have had all the signs of being pregnant... but just yesterday I got my period... I am really confused... can any one help me... also my parents don't know... I don't know if I should tell them... I told my boyfriend he is 16... he is all right with it he says... can any body give me some advice??
    AKaeTrue Posts: 1,599, Reputation: 272
    Ultra Member

Sep 17, 2007, 08:56 PM
    Sweetie, I'm sorry you're scared.
    Why do you think your 4 weeks pregnant?
    Did you miss last months period?
    Have you taken a pregnancy test?

If you got your period, everything might be OK.
    macksmom Posts: 1,787, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

Sep 17, 2007, 09:02 PM
    If you are assuming you are about 4 weeks pregnant, it sounds like you are dating from around the time of your last period. If you got a period last month, and now have one this month as well, the chances of you being pregnant are slim.

However some women still have periods while they are pregnant. Have you even taken a pregnancy test yet? If not, get one and see what that says, if you think you are about 4 weeks, it should show up on a HPT by now.

Many PMS symptoms can be mistaken for pregnancy symptoms as they are quite similar... irritability, cramps, breast tenderness, headaches etc.

If it turns out that you are not pregnant... use this as a lesson... 15 is too young to be sexually active to start with, but if you decide to make that choice USE PROTECTION!

Sep 17, 2007, 09:11 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by AKaeTrue
    Sweetie, I'm sorry you're scared.
    Why do you think your 4 weeks pregnant?
    Did you miss last months period?
    Have you taken a pregnancy test?

If you got your period, everything might be OK.

Thanks for your help... I hope you are right... :)

Sep 17, 2007, 09:20 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by macksmom
    If you are assuming you are about 4 weeks pregnant, it sounds like you are dating from around the time of your last period. If you got a period last month, and now have one this month as well, the chances of you being pregnant are slim.

However some women still have periods while they are pregnant. Have you even taken a pregnancy test yet? If not, get one and see what that says, if you think you are about 4 weeks, it should show up on a HPT by now.

Many PMS symptoms can be mistaken for pregnancy symptoms as they are quite similar...irritability, cramps, breast tenderness, headaches etc.

If it turns out that you are not pregnant...use this as a lesson....15 is too young to be sexually active to start with, but if you decide to make that choice USE PROTECTION!
    Thanks for your help... I know that I shouldn't be having sex but I love him so much...
    Ultra Member

Sep 17, 2007, 09:26 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellen2
    Thanks for your help...I know that i shouldn't be having sex but I love him so much....
    No problem :)

I see from your previous posts you had the same issue a little over a year ago :(

Please, take a step back. There are many more ways you can show your love for someone than having sex and possibly dealing with a pregnancy at 15.
    br_hjs Posts: 160, Reputation: 11
    -

Sep 17, 2007, 09:29 PM
    Believe me... Its not worth it at a young age. My boyfriend and I used to do stuff all the time. Then, his parents found out. Well, now I only get to talk to him about 5 minutes a day at school. Once a week maybe on the phone. And a few e-mails a month. I went all summer without seeing him. And now I wish we never would have done anything and I could just spend time with him without doing that. And that's luckily all that happened. I'm glad I haven't gotten pregnant because the time that I couldv'e been spending with him, I wouldn't be able to because their would be a baby to take care of. So Please, I'm just warning you how things can go... I know you love him, But you don't want to have anything get in the way of the time you spend with him right? So wait. I even plan on waiting until a few years after I move out before having kids to have time to spend with my boyfriend or whatever. That's another thing you may want to think about. Also, you should take a pregnancy test... And then wait unitl your older.
    -

Sep 17, 2007, 09:33 PM
    And if you did get pregnant, your going to have to tell your parents... that's not really something to hide.

Sep 17, 2007, 10:48 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by br_hjs
    And if you did get pregnant, your gonna have to tell your parents.... thats not really something to hide.
    Hey thankx... I went to the docter today with my friend... I am NOT pregnant... I am going to stop having sex now... thanks so much... my friend who came with me thought she was pregnant... and she was... what can I do??
    laura2007x Posts: 21, Reputation: 1

Sep 18, 2007, 06:54 AM
    Hi at you're age you have had a lucky escape,I am older than you and I have a 10 month old,it is really hard for me and my partner so I cannot imagine the strain it would put on a couple who are so young.
    You may not be pregnant but you should also be worrying about STI`s, you are playing with fire.
    Don't throw you're life away.I don't regret my son but I wish I would have done more and waited a little while longer.
    Is you're friend keeping the baby? She probebly needs time to think, just be a good friend and be her rock for now xx
    LearningAsIGo Posts: 2,653, Reputation: 350
    Survivor

Sep 18, 2007, 07:12 AM
    Hun, I'm glad to hear you're not pregnant.

I know you love him, but remember, sex has nothing to do with loving someone. As for your friend, she's got a tough road ahead and I'm sure you'll see exactly what you could be going through right now. Be a good listener and don't abandon her when things get tough. I had friends that were pregnant at 14, 15, 16 and its sad to admit, but they lost many of their friends when they became mothers.
    -

Sep 18, 2007, 02:59 PM
    I think that your friend should tell her parents. It maybe a little scary for her, but it's the best thing to do
    Dnovy521 Posts: 21, Reputation: 1

Sep 18, 2007, 03:55 PM
    Ummm don't have unprotected sex
    alisha7861 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Sep 18, 2007, 04:09 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellen2
    Hi I am 15 years old and i think i am about 4 weeks pregnant....i have had all the signs of being pregnant...but just yesterday i got my period...i am really confused...can any one help me....also my parents don't know....i dont know if i should tell them...i told my bf he is 16...he is alright with it he says....can any body give me some advice???
    Hi ellen the best advice I can give you iz do a pregnancy test if you can't afford it go to the family planin clinic but do it once your periods are over you could possibly be preganant starting your period doesn't mean there isn't a possibility. Good look all the best chick
    Ultra Member

Sep 18, 2007, 04:38 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by alisha7861
    hi ellen the best advice i can give u iz do a pregnancy test if u can't afford it go to the family planin clinic but do it once ur periods are over u could possibly be preganant startin ur period doesnt mean there isnt a possibility. good look all the best chick
    Make sure you read the responses so you can give helpful advice... the OP already responded and said she's not pregnant.
    babygirl1092 Posts: 114, Reputation: 8
    -

May 22, 2008, 06:19 PM
    Hey I am 15 too... and I carried my son, I was so close to having him and all the plans I had made for this baby and all the thing me and my boyfriend had bought only made things harder It was hard for me to tell my mom but I knew I need to go to the dr so I told her she was mad at first and hurt that her little girl was having a baby and now that I mighjt be pregnant again she's so happy and excited... the down side is our bodies aren't ready to carry a baby weer are going through a lot of changes right now and I think this baby isn't going to make It. I had a reg . And I still have a positive test... and I am waiting for next week to come to go to the doctors. Just a word of advice at our age having a baby isn't smart but some people are born to be mother and if that's the path you chose to take so be it. A baby is all I want and I plan to have a baby as soon as posible and most people think that's worng and I am not ready but if you want to do it I am hear for you all the way...
    wezziebabii28 Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

May 23, 2008, 10:17 PM
    I'm not trying to scare you but you can have your period when your pregnant um you should go check it out take a pregnancy test that's the only way you will no the blood test though the pee be lying

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

4 weeks pregnant confirmed but not feeling pregnant [ 22 Answers ]

I'm 4 weeks pregnant started bleeding yesterday but it stopping now the problem is I'm not feeling any symptoms but then again I'm only 4 weeks are they to start around 10 weeks before my mood was at a high like I've never fely before my appetite has gone over the last few days but that might be...

Can I b pregnant [ 6 Answers ]

LMp Was july12th my fertile days were tha 23rd-28th or 9th had intercourse tha 23rd and 24th using tha pulling out method I also had sex on tha 30th then 2nd of aug 3rd and 5 and 6th my period was suppse 2 come around tha 12th I'm having light bleedin today could it be implatation bleeding? Had a...

Could I be pregnant [ 4 Answers ]

Right well I will start from the beginning, just so you get what I am going on about. Well I had the implanon (contraceptive implant) in my arm since last January, so over a year. I got it taken out April 24th just gone. But before I had it out I had a period of nearly 3 weeks until the day before...

I'm a little pregnant.I think [ 31 Answers ]

I took yet ANOTHER test this morning. I used the clear blue easy +/- brand. My results were a - with a several dots moving in the opposite direction making a pseudo +. AAAAAARRRRRGGGGHHHH! I just want to know for the love of god! What do you guys think? Is a pseudo + as good as an all the way +?...

Do you wonder if you are pregnant [ 0 Answers ]

For those of you who wonder if you are pregnant, here are a few signs and symptoms as well as other possible causes for their occurrence TIME OF OCCURRENCE (GESTATIONAL AGE) SIGN OTHER POSSIBLE CAUSES Presumptive Signs (you may be...

View more questions Search