Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Dnovy521 Posts: 21, Reputation: 1

Sep 17, 2007, 06:18 PM
    Gone from Social to shy with girls
    IM a 14 year old boy with a problem. I can easily get girls, but it seems that once I know they like me, they back away. Ever since this has been frequently happening, my confidence and self-esteem has gone down. I need help I don't know what to do, and I haven't even gotten my first kiss yet. Ive gone from social to shy.
    SDRAWKCAB-SDRAWROF Posts: 77, Reputation: 7

Sep 18, 2007, 07:19 AM
    I don't think it's really a problem with you, in terms of the way in which the girls are backing away, when I was 14 and found out a guy I liked knew I liked him it kind of made me nervous, especially if my friends found out, or if he told his friends. I can understand that it has made yourself esteem go down, but I wouldn't worry too much, it won't be like this for long.
    kidsk Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Sep 18, 2007, 08:10 AM
    I think that's a strange reason to back away from you
    It doesn't mean that's your fault
    Try to talk to these girls that you know and be the good old self you were before this affected you
    Hopefully, they'll still be into you, but they're afraid of your reaction to that fact
    If you let them back away, it'll be difficult to recuperate from all of this
    wizzkid89 Posts: 243, Reputation: 63

Sep 18, 2007, 12:53 PM
    I think the first thing you need to address is when they are getting to know you, exactly at what point are they leaving? What is making them leave, what are you telling them, what exactly is their reason for departure? Honestly contemplate that, and try and see if there is not a common denominator in all of this so we may help you on it. Even if you can't find this out however, it best to remember the rule of " just be yourself". Girls at this age are extremely prone to body language, so it's best to represent yourself confidantly, if you seem shy and bashful not many women will respond to that. Just remember that you deserve someone, and embrace that confidence that a girl will like you for who you truly are. Walk around with your head up, make sure that they know that if they are interested in you, you are not only capable of loving them, but capable of loving yourself. Because no one can love someone who does not love them self. But most importantly remember this, I know you might be anxious to get this all out of the way, but you are YOUNG!!

You really are, life is just around the corner for you, and please take time to smell the roses. Don't stress yourself out about these situations. Trust me on this when I say that women will be attracted to a confidant, stress-free you, because would you honestly like a girl who dislikes herself and is always freaking out. Of course you wouldn't lol. So just step back from your situation, and understand that time is on your side, and that the opportunity will present itself for you. But until then working on a creating a love for yourself so that you may in turn provide that to others, and trust me you will find someone in no time! Good luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

I am very shy [ 9 Answers ]

Hi, I have aproblem. First of all I am very shy and I feel very uncomfortable with strangers.And also I can't say NO to others, because I am afraid to hurt someone with my answer.But I really want to be stronger. Help me please with my problems.

Shy guy can't meet girls [ 3 Answers ]

I've been single for a while and I can't seem to get over my last girlfriend. It was fairly serious, but complicated. I loved her very much, and still do. I'm not saying I want to forget her, but I would like to get her off my mind - at least a little. However, I can't seem to meet any girls. I...

Super Shy in a Super Social environment [ 8 Answers ]

I am an 18 year old, Canadian Boy My problem is that I am a very shy person when it comes to speaking with adults, strangers, authorities, and for the most part all girls. The type of people I surround myself with are the so called popular group. Having all my friends in the popular group leaves...

Shy to ask [ 4 Answers ]

When me and my boyfriend have sex he is very rough and the last coupl of days I've been dry but now I have bumps that are sore is that common??

View more questions Search