Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    skbreck Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 17, 2007, 05:31 PM
    Where to find old hunter ceiling fan light kit?
    My hunter fan model #25446, which is apparently discontinued and not available from any source I can find, recently broke apart, meaning that the hunter light kit #22909 broke off the fan body (the plastic connector cracked and split.) #22909 also seems to be unavailable - the few online sources that list it don't actually have it in stock. Could anyone suggest where I can buy this #22909? Or, could anyone suggest a suitable alternative globe, low profile 120 watt or more, light kit? Will light kits from other manufacturers, e.g. Hampton Bay or Harbor Breeze, fit this Hunter fan? I will be grateful for any assistance.
    biggsie Posts: 1,267, Reputation: 125
    Ultra Member

Sep 17, 2007, 06:30 PM
    Is this what you're looking for?

Hunter 22909 Fan Light Kit from the Chandelle Collection

Wonder if there is a better way of repairing old one?

Sep 17, 2007, 07:43 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by biggsie
    Is this what you're looking for?

Hunter 22909 Fan Light Kit from the Chandelle Collection

Wonder if there is a better way of repairing old one?

Thank you for responding. That's indeed what I'm looking for. Unfortunately, Lightingdirect.com informed me that they no longer have this item (despite the website indication to the contrary.) Hunter discontinued the model. Same story at the one other online source I could find from doing a search. I'm wondering if there are other resources for out-of-date Hunter light kits, that might not show up in a web search.
    Would love ideas on how to repair. The broken piece is the plastic (maybe ABS or PP) part that screws the light kit into the fan body. I tried krazy glue with no success.
    Thanks again in advance to anyone with suggestions.
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Sep 22, 2007, 02:20 PM
    First of all, Hunter should sell replacement parts for their light kits, contact them.

Second of all, any manufacturer of light kit should work.

Sep 23, 2007, 12:45 PM
    Thanks for the response. I've contacted Hunter and they maintain that they no longer have this discontinued model of light kit, nor do they know of distributors or retailers who carry it. The broken piece is the body of the light assemly, therefore not really a "part", but actually the light kit itself.
    Thank you also for the information that other manufacturers' kits should fit. I am going to try one of those.
    johnjmaier Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 22, 2012, 05:28 PM
    Any chance you had any luck finding this replacement globe or light kit? I happened to buy a home with this model fan and would love to make a simple fix.
    firehawk2758 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 17, 2013, 09:25 AM
    I am looking for a Hunter 4 Light Square Bullet Spotlight In Black
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Feb 17, 2013, 01:29 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by firehawk2758 View Post
    I am looking for a Hunter 4 Light Square Bullet Spotlight In Black
    You might want to start a new post, the one your attached to was 5 years old.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Light Kit for Ceiling Fan [ 2 Answers ]

I just bought I Home Essentials ceiling fan from K-MART and I wired the fan portion just fine. The wires were nice and color coded Black to black, red to red, white to white and green to bare copper for the ground wire. I turned on the power and it works fine. When I shut the power back off,...

Light kit for ceiling fan [ 2 Answers ]

When light kit is 'dangling' from fan, the fan works - light works (separate dimmer switch for light & fan)... when I connect light housing up to fan body, light works - fan doesn't. OK with the theory that something is 'disconnecting'... how do I find out what?

Installing a light kit on a ceiling fan where a switch enables both fan and light [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Hampton Bay ceiling fan with three wires emerging from the top: white, black, red, and green. Presently the white, black, and green are hooked up to a switch and the fan works fine. The red is capped. The fan also has a chain which I intend on keeping on the medium setting indefinitely. ...

Ceiling fan light kit [ 1 Answers ]

I went to replace the light bulb in my ceiling fan and it keeps turning around so I can't get the bulb out. How can I fix it so it won't spin like that?

Hampton Bay fan, Hunter light kit? [ 1 Answers ]

I just bought a Hampton Bay fan that did not come with a light but states that it's light kit adaptable. I am bidding on a Hunter light kit on eBay but just noticed on a lighting website that Hunter light kits may not work on anything but a Hunter fan. Has anyone had experience with this? Or any...

View more questions Search