Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    star3114 Posts: 234, Reputation: 44

Sep 18, 2007, 06:18 PM
    I actually found myself more focused after having my child than before. I made every second of study time count because I never knew when I was going to be able to study again. We all find ways to pull out our inner strength in tough times. It is the tough times that help you realize how strong of a person you can be. You can get through this sweetie. We are here for you! Just remember, everything happens for a reason. From every tough situation we gain knowledge about ourselves and others. God doesn't give you more than you can handle... although at times he had more faith in me than I did. It sounds like you are a person of faith. Now would be a great time to bring that back into your life. It will give you the peace you are looking for. I've been there. :O)
    NotUrOrdinaryGirl Posts: 29, Reputation: 5

Sep 18, 2007, 06:41 PM
    So if I'm pregnant do I tell a lawyer then? Or do I wait until I have the baby?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Sep 18, 2007, 06:43 PM
    Sweetie, you need to take it one step at a time. Don't get yourself worked up over something that you are not sure of.

Let's find out if you are pregnant, then take it from there.

Sep 18, 2007, 07:50 PM
    He's trying to make you second guess yourself. He's trying to make it out to be no big deal. He is hoping that if he can convince you that it is no big deal, then you will agree it is no big deal. Whether you are pregnant, it is a big deal.
    I would wait to find out if you are pregnant and then take it from there. I know the waiting is hard. I am not good at waiting in general, so when I had to "wait my time"... it made it even worse. Try to occupy your time. Don't dwell. Keep as busy as possible. Study, go out with friends (female ones :O) ), go to church, exercise... keep as busy as possible. If you don't... you will have grey hairs by the time you are 22.
    Renting some really funny (non-romantic) movies usually helps put a lighter spin on things too. Just stay busy.

Sep 18, 2007, 09:02 PM
    Your right, but I mean should I try and speak to him more about it? Get him to understand how serious this is?
    GlindaofOz Posts: 2,334, Reputation: 354
    Ultra Member

Sep 19, 2007, 04:28 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by NotUrOrdinaryGirl
    your right, but i mean should i try and speak to him more about it? Get him to understand how serious this is?
    Based on what you have said about him I would think that would be about as effective as smashing your head into the wall repeatedly.

I'd say leave this guy be since all he is doing is making you feel like garbage. If you are pregnant then you can contact him if you are not then I would delete this guy from your life permanently and if he comes near you again mace him until he's blind!
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Sep 19, 2007, 07:10 AM
    so if i'm pregnant do i tell a lawyer then? or do i wait til i have the baby?
    I agree, first find out if you are pregnant first... if no consider this a wake up call to never forget. If you are then I'd make sure he is on notice to start paying part of the bills you are going to have and call a lawyer, or if you decide to not have the kid to get an abortion before its too late.

Several options here, but you have to take things one step at a time.

Sep 19, 2007, 04:13 PM
    I had to laugh at your answer Glinda, I was thinking the same thing. Thanks for making me laugh Sweetie... I needed it. :O)

Sep 19, 2007, 04:44 PM
    OK, thanks you guys have been so much help, and I'm grateful for all the advice. But I need some advice on something else. I called planned parenthood clinic to get a STI testing and a pregnancy test , but they said without insurance it would cost near $140 and I honestly don't have any money at all... where I'm from the clinic does it free. Does anyone know of any clinics that does free testing? I have insurance but I'm scared to use it because my mother is getting federal assistance which means my insurance is also federal assistance and when my sister thought she was pregnant and went to the doctor to get a test done they mailed a letter to my mothers case worker asking to verify a pregnancy. And I don't want that to happen.
    Ultra Member

Sep 19, 2007, 04:59 PM
    Call Planned Parenthood again and talk to them about the rate. I went in when I was in college to be tested for STD's and they do have a sliding scale for payments.

What about your college's medical office? In college my medical office could run blood work testing for STD's and pregnancy. You may want to check with them. At my college they had a gynecologist come in once or twice a week and you could get checked out through them at not cost.

Sep 19, 2007, 05:34 PM
    Okay thank you... I'm going to go there tomorrow to ask about it...

Sep 20, 2007, 09:05 AM
    Okay update:
    I went to the nurse today. She set an appointment for Monday. But my period is expected to come on Saturday so I guess I'll know by this weekend. I'm trying not to stress because I hear stress can cause you to miss your period. But its so hard because I keep thinking what if? My friends are telling me to just abort it if I am... that everythings OK. But its not that easy, you know?
    Ultra Member

Sep 20, 2007, 09:08 AM
    I know it's a tough spot. Even if you are not pregnant ------- how about when you get your pregnant since you're not pregnant I would still get the STD test.

Sep 20, 2007, 09:40 AM
    Yea I'm going to get that done definitely, when I get the pregnancy test
    Uber Member

Sep 20, 2007, 09:59 AM
    okay update:
    I went to the nurse today. she set an appointment for monday. But my period is expected to come on saturday so i guess i'll know by this weekend. I'm trying not to stress because i hear stress can cause you to miss your period. But its so hard because i keep thinking what if? My friends are telling me to just abort it if i am...that everythings ok. but its not that easy, ya know?
    Abortion might cost something if you do end up pregnant, but its still cheaper than actually having the kid and raising it for 18 years. I'd save actually having a kid until you are with someone who will help you raise it.
    Ultra Member

Sep 20, 2007, 10:10 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by smoothy
    Abortion might cost something if you do end up pregnant, but its still cheaper than actually having the kid and raising it for 18 years. I'd save actually having a kid until you are with someone who will help you raise it.

I say let's cross that bridge when we come to it. All of my energy is going towards you getting your period (first time I've ever said that ;) ) I intend it with all my abilities.
    Uber Member

Sep 20, 2007, 10:57 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by GlindaofOz
    I say let's cross that bridge when we come to it. All of my energy is going towards you getting your period (first time I've ever said that ;) ) I intend it with all my abilities.
    Lets hope she isn't... then this can be considered an import lesson in life.

Sep 21, 2007, 11:01 PM
    OK I'm suppose to get my period today at some point, everybody pray for me please
    Ultra Member

Sep 22, 2007, 05:55 AM
    I'm willing it for you doll!!
    statictable Posts: 436, Reputation: 34

Sep 22, 2007, 07:55 AM
    hes such a jerk, he thinks this whole thing is a joke, its funny i liked him cause he is older and i thought he'd be more mature but i guess he liked me cause i'm young and immature. apparently according to him i'm a negative person and i need to relax! Does anyone think i'm over-reacting? i mean i do have something to worry about right?
    READ THIS after you find out your not pregnant. We are with you on this one. Best wishes.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Unsure... [ 2 Answers ]

I have not missed a period... I take the pill on a daily basis have not missed a day. The past 4 or 5 day I have had a terrible neausa feeling... I talked to my mom she said could be pregnant, so I took an ept test and the results were positive. Is this possible? How correct are the ept tests.

Unsure of chances of pregnancy [ 13 Answers ]

I don't know if I am pregnant or not. I am on the nuva ring and have been for 7 months. My boyfriend is in iraq and was recently home on leave. He usually withdrawals, but one time he stayed inside me when he came. When he pulled out afterwards, my ring fell out onto his stomach. I took my ring out...

Unsure [ 7 Answers ]

Hi I really need help in understanding this pregnancy situation.. I started using the patch about a year ago and had stop using it since last augest and since then I've been trying to get pregnant and nothing yet I see signs that confuse me and I go out and buy tests and they come out negative. But...

Please Help I'm So Unsure? [ 1 Answers ]

HI I'm looking for a psychic who will help me as I feel so unsure inside and right now I don't trust what any of the things I feel. Let me explain about 4 months ago me and boyfriend got engaged we connect so good but then he got scared and so we decided to take things slower... we are back to...

Unsure [ 39 Answers ]

This is regarding the end of my 4 year relationship. My ex and I, have now been broken up for a few months now. We broke up out of the blue, he said he needed a break and left my house crying. I never heard from him until a week later, and he said he no longer loved me, and has not for 2 years. He...

View more questions Search