Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    marcus83 Posts: 48, Reputation: 2

Sep 17, 2007, 04:16 PM
    I went no contact for a month, she just im'd me on AOL
    I took everyone's advice, we broke up, I spent 8 months trying to get her back, the girl I'm on love with met someone else a month ago, they just broke up ( I think he cheated on her) She did all that knowing I was still in love with her. I went no contact for the past 30 days... she just quickly IM'ed me with : " as a friend, hope you and your family are doing well, take care" \ Not: "hi how are you" Not: "hey how have you been?" just : "as a friend, hope you and you family are doing well, take care.....after I spent 8 months agonizing about her, calling her, begging her....just for her to get with this guy for a month knowing it kills me inside...and she now wants to give me sweet im's like that? ? For the record I didnt respond....I miss her so much its killing me.....I think shes just trying to see if I still want her back. I want to talk to her so bad, but Ive actually made progress with this no contact idea...I changed my number and everything.......any advice?

Keep in mind, shes 1000 miles away, told me that our relationship was long distance and superficial...(it lasted 8 months) and that she didnt want another long distance relationship....then KNOWING I am in love with her, dated another guy long distance!!!, while she plays with the puppy i bought her....now wants to see how me and my family are doing???

I think its just out of guilt to make herself feel better. She wants to feel better about herself by trying to be "friends" with me.

Any opinions?
    nkychic Posts: 180, Reputation: 70

Sep 17, 2007, 04:20 PM
    I think you could be right, it could simply be out of guilt. However I think there is more to it. My exboyfriend of 2 years and I broke up. We didn't talk for almost 4 months before I got a text from him. Just when I thought I was over him, he reminded me I still care. I honestly think it's her way of keeping you hanging on. A way to keep you from forgetting her and your past. Maybe she honestly does want to know how your family is, maybe she is genuinly concerned about you. I could be 100% wrong in what I said. But I definitely think there is a possibility that this is her way of ensuring, or at least knowing that you will still jump when she says the word.

I have to applaud you in not returning the message. I'm impressed. That takes guts and causes heartbreak, but not near what it would if you had to relive the pain you've tried so hard to forget.
    ilovcali Posts: 206, Reputation: 85

Sep 17, 2007, 04:22 PM
    Move on. Block here IM. DON'T RESPOND. You are progressing WITHOUT HER!! AWESOME! So why ever regress? You'll have to go through a lot of hell to get back to where you are now, if you open the can of worms she left for you with her IM.

Honestly, I have no idea why she IM'd you. And the best thing is not to even speculate. WHO CARES WHAT'S GOING TO THROUGH HER HEAD. She's not your concern anymore. And you're probably right, she's keeping you on the burner just in case. SCREW THAT!

Let it go and let her go. KEEP MOVING FORWARD!

--Cali
    Ash123 Posts: 1,793, Reputation: 305
    Ultra Member

Sep 17, 2007, 04:24 PM
    No response.

Nothing is gained for you by contacting right now... it's a lazy bait trick.

More later.
    madaman Posts: 212, Reputation: 25

Sep 17, 2007, 04:25 PM
    My biggest question to you would be why you went to the trouble of changing your number, but not blocking/deleting her on your messaging programs. I think I know the answer though because Ive done the same thing.
    mckenzie134 Posts: 647, Reputation: 67

Sep 17, 2007, 04:33 PM
    No need to reply to that.

This is just the beginning.

People do not message you unless there is some slight interest.

You obviously still want her back we know that, but don't take this a s a sign that she wants you back. Writing as a friend that is a bit strange like she is trying to say something , don't respond, for anything to happen the tension must rebuild, she may be realising what she lost, a great guy.

Wait it out... Let us know of her next move...

In the mean time you remain silent... Mysterious...
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 17, 2007, 04:44 PM
    I'm female and am betting she is just throwing out a baited line to see if you bite.

Don't bite. There's a hook under that bait. The hook will hurt like heck. Swim away.
    Skell Posts: 1,863, Reputation: 514
    Ultra Member

Sep 17, 2007, 04:47 PM
    I wouldn't even contemplate being with her again. She dumped your ar$e because it was long distance and then went and got in another one. You're right, she's only contacting you to see if you are weak and still want her. She is praying on your weakness and it feeds her ego. Don't give her the pleasure.

Why would you want her back? Sounds like a stupid idea to me. Block her from AOL and continue to move on. People very rarely get back together successfully despite what others will try and tell you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ex contacted me after one month no contact why [ 7 Answers ]

Hey all, Ill try to put this in a nutshell, a little more than a month ago, my boyfriend broke up with me, during a very stressful busy time at uni when I had exams. I had no idea it was coming, the last week he spent so much time with me, he even went shopping with me which he normally...

Breaking a month to month lease that was signed 2 days ago. [ 1 Answers ]

Would I Be Able To Collect Back Money Paid To A Lessor For Security Deposit And 1st Months Rent If Apartment Is Not In A Sanitary And Safe Condition And the Lease Was Signed 2 Days Ago And Never Moved Into The Apartment And The Lease Is Month To Month

Landlord Requireing 60 day notice to vacate on Month to Month Lease [ 5 Answers ]

I've lived in this apartment for 4 years. For the past year we have been going month to month, as we anticipated we might need to move out when we purchased a condo. Well, we got the condo, and now need to close in 1 month, yet the management in our apartment complex tells us we need to give...

Month to Month Contract (Security Deposit and 30 day Notice) [ 2 Answers ]

In the State of Ohio is it true the tenant has to give 30 days notice when they are moving out and the landord has to give 30 days notice when asking them to move out? If they do not give 30 days do they lose their security deposit?

View more questions Search