Sep 17, 2007, 11:43 AM
    Formula Solving for Chem equation of Heat
    I have the equation q=mcdeltat
    How do I solve for m or c or deltat?
    Anyone remember that process?
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Sep 17, 2007, 11:48 AM
    divide both sides by whatever you don't want.

if you want delta t then you don't want m or c so:

cancelling:

like so.
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Sep 17, 2007, 12:06 PM
    With other formulae where the things you don't want are on the bottom, you have to multiply both sides by them, you can see what you're aiming to achieve though.

Just remember you have to do the same thing to both sides and apply basic arithmetic and you can't go wrong :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Chem trails. [ 2 Answers ]

Has anyone else heard of chem trails? They are clouds put in the sky from the jets, People are saying that they are not the regular condensation clouds but chemical clouds. The theary is that they are trying to stop the global worming by creating these chemical clouds. Scarry, what do you think?

Chemistry- the chemical equation dealing with molecules and heat [ 3 Answers ]

I don't really understand the question. "A student heats 100.0g of copper(II)sulfate pentahydrate and obtains 58.2g of anhydrous copper(II) sulfate. What percent yield was obtained in this experiment? CuSO4 *5H2O + heat ==> CuSO4 + 5H2O" I don't really understand what the percent yield is....

Word equation as chemical equation and balance [ 2 Answers ]

Can anyone help me with these. I don't get it.:confused: Aluminum bromide + chlorine yield aluminum chloride +bromine Potassium chlorate when heated yields potassium chloride + oxygen gas Hydrogen +nitrogen monoxide yield water + nitrogen

Chem help [ 5 Answers ]

What is the balanced equation of NaOH+NiCl2, I'm not understanding my on line lab question, please help!!

Chem [ 1 Answers ]

If 40.0 grams of H3PO4 reacts with 60.0 grams of MgCO3 according to this reaction, 2H3PO4 + 3MgCO3 —> Mg3 (PO4)2 + 3CO2 + 3H2O (already balanced) then calculate the volume of carbon dioxide gas produced at STP.

View more questions Search