Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    LizZers79 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 25, 2005, 10:48 AM
    Looking into adopting
    Hi my soon to be husband and I have been looking into adopting a child/newborn with down syndrome has anyone done this or have a child with downs we are just starting to look into this we would like to adopt after we get married! We both have a lot of expereince working with children youth etc with downs! Any thoughts tips anything lol
    Thanks
    Chery Posts: 3,666, Reputation: 698
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Sep 25, 2005, 03:53 PM
    A big 'attaboy' for both of you. I am sure you will make super parents. Not too many would be willing to care for a child with downs. Most don't understand that these children can give so much love and joy as they show true emotions. I'm not sure if you can find an adoption agency that has these types of children in their files, but you could check hospital or put an add the papers. I sincerely wish you luck in finding a lovely little one to take care of. The world needs more people like you. Another idea would be to do a net search for downs organizations and they might be able to help you further.
    wzartv Posts: 402, Reputation: 21

Sep 25, 2005, 04:36 PM
    Wow! You are such incredibly wonderful people! Bless your hearts!

I hope you have a nice wedding and I'm sure you will be great parents with no worries!

Here is a website you might be interested in:
    http://www.nas.com/downsyn/

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to go about adopting... [ 3 Answers ]

Where do you begin to adopt a child? What is the best route? My life partner & I want a baby to love. We are not legally "partners"/ or married as of yet. Should I go about this as single before we legalize? I don't know legally how we can go about this, what the laws are in Fla. In a...

About adopting another cat [ 5 Answers ]

Hi guys, For a couple of weeks now, my in-laws have noticed a big male cat ( not neutered yet ) running free in their neighborhood. They asked if the cat belonged to somebody. Nobody had seen that cat in the neighborhood before. They started feeding him : this cat is very affectionate. My...

Adopting Doxie Littermates [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I just adopted two rescue Doxie puppies that are littermates. Male and Female (neutered/spayed) black-n-tan beauties, 7 months. I've heard this isn't a good idea to get littermates, but didn't have a choice... I could either have both or none. Truth or fiction? Anyone? Thanks, Becky...

Considering adopting Beagle... thoughts? [ 5 Answers ]

Sorry this is so long - My husband and I are considering adopting a wonderful little Beagle that I discovered at a local shelter last week while looking for a dog for someone else. He's really a special dog and I feel a certain connection with him that I don't feel with a lot of animals. He's...

View more questions Search