Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    georgiagurl Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Sep 17, 2007, 09:50 AM
    Naval piercing
    Just wondering if anyone has had a naval piercing where the bottom part is too far in? The piercer said I have a deep naval that it would relax & come out more. I just had it done a few days ago but isn't coming out. Help.:(
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

Sep 17, 2007, 09:53 AM
    It sounds like you have a barbell, am I correct? I have never had my belly button pierced, but I have also never heard of what you describe. What do you mean by bottom part too far in? Is the bottom ball on the barbell inside the piercing?

Sep 17, 2007, 10:00 AM
    It's a bar bell I guess. The little ball is on top & the bigger one is on the inside of my belly button, it's a curved bar. You can't see the bigger ball from bieng so far in my belly button. I'm bummed. I hope it stretches & moves more forward, you think it's normal or did he screw up?
    Ultra Member

Sep 17, 2007, 10:02 AM
    I have never heard of this, but that doesn't mean it can't happen. :p

To me it sounds like he might have messed up a little. Take his word, since he's a professional, and wait and see if it corrects itself like he said it would. If it doesn't correct itself within, say, a week or so, go back to him and have him look at it and fix it.

Your body might recognize it as a foreign object and try and push it out.
    alkalineangel Posts: 2,391, Reputation: 323
    Ultra Member

Sep 17, 2007, 10:04 AM
    Strange for them to pierce with a barbell.I have a deep naval, and mine creeped out. I know what he is referring to, once the piercing is fully healed, I think you will notice a difference.
    Ultra Member

Sep 17, 2007, 10:06 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by alkalineangel
    strange for them to pierce with a barbell.I have a deep naval, and mine creeped out. I know what he is referring to, once the piercing is fully healed, i think you will notice a difference.
    That is strange. If she has a deep naval, shouldn't it have been pierced with a ring? I thought so anyway...
    alkalineangel Posts: 2,391, Reputation: 323
    Ultra Member

Sep 17, 2007, 10:09 AM
    Yes, all navals should be pierced with a ring, barbell is too easy to snag and damage piercing site before its fully healed...
    Ultra Member

Sep 17, 2007, 10:55 AM
    I found some jewelry made especially for a deep naval. Check it out you might find something you like : Deep Navel Piercings

Good luck with your piercing! :)

Sep 17, 2007, 12:57 PM
    Thanks for ya'lls help. I may be confused. It's a curved ring with a small ball at the top & a bigger ball at the bottom. I don't know what it's called, but the ball on the inside of my naval is way back in there. I will look at that Deep naval piercing site to see what they have. Thanks.
    Ultra Member

Sep 17, 2007, 01:00 PM
    You're welcome hun. It sounds to me like you have a barbell. In 4-6 weeks you might want to think about changing it. :)
    Rhollis5678 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 20, 2010, 07:19 AM
    I'm having a similar problem I think only the other way around, I got mine pierced about a week ago with a barbell and the top ball is like sinking into the top hole? I got sick over the weekend so it's real swollen up. I went to the place that pierced it and he said ice it and take ibuprofen and if it doesn't fix itself we can put a ring in it. I really like my barbell though, so what should I do?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Piercing [ 25 Answers ]

Lately Ive been wanting a lip ring My parents are very strict about facial piercings but I wanted to know if it's a good idea or a bad one for a 13 year old with a lip ring

Self-piercing [ 18 Answers ]

Within the last year I have pierced a second hole in each of my ears 3 separate times, each time purposefully letting them heal. I have also pierced my belly button twice and let it heal as well. I make sure to sterilize everything, and I've never had any problems with infections or anything like...

Naval aircraft mechanic cannot get his car started [ 81 Answers ]

So I bought a 1992 honda civic DX auto and after a week of buying it, it crapped out on me. It would crank, but would not fire up. Immediately I began troubleshooting. I checked for spark and there was none when I grounded the plugs against the frame several times while my friend cranked it. Next I...

Pregnant W/ Naval Piercing [ 6 Answers ]

I'm 3 1/2 months pregnant and I have my naval pierced. Some of my friends tell me that I have to take it off cause it isn't good for the pregnancy... Is this true... Please help...

Bloody naval piercing [ 4 Answers ]

I just had my belly button pierced less than a week ago at first everything was pain free & I just felt a minor discomfort (needing to getting used to) it started bleeding none stop the past day & the guy who pierced it said this could be due to anemia... I would hate to take it off so I've sarted...

View more questions Search