Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    CroCivic91 Posts: 729, Reputation: 23

Sep 25, 2005, 09:10 AM
    Chinese meals
    I'd like to try out some chinese meals (I got a set of chopstick, so I want to put them to use). What would you recommend for a beginner? I hear they got all kinds of funny combinations like meat with honey and whatnot, so just name me something that will not be THAT strange in the beginning. If I like it, I might go for some more exotic combinations.
    wzartv Posts: 402, Reputation: 21

Sep 25, 2005, 09:18 AM
    Hello,

I personally LOVE the beef and broccoli meal that you can get at a local Chinese food place... I could eat BUCKETS of that.

I guess you are probably looking for something more exquisite that you can make at home - but for first starting, I recommend beef and broccoli if that's the kind of food you like.

You can find a recipe here if you are interested:
    http://www.cooksrecipes.com/beef/chi...li_recipe.html

Of course, everyone makes it different and I'm sure some ingrediants can be changed around depending on what you like.

Good luck!

Sep 25, 2005, 09:47 AM
    Thanks for a quick reply.

I would like to cook at home, however I'm having difficulties with the amounts that are written in recipees.

How much is 1 cup? Is it a cup I drink milk from? A cup people drink coffee from (smaller)? 2dcl sized cup? How much is it?

I guess a table spoon is a spoon you eat soup with.

How much is 1oz?

We don't use such measures here in Croatia. We use kilograms and grams for solid stuff (like meat and such) and liters or deciliters for liquids, so I'm having problems with defining how much a "cup" is.

Thanks for the recipe. I'll try it when I find out how much a "cup" is :)

Sep 25, 2005, 09:51 AM
    Hello,

Glad you are interested in the recipe.

I didn't realize where you lived at first.

I don't personally know the conversions... but try going here: http://www.onlineconversion.com/

And you should be able to convert nearly anything.

Oooh we Americans and our silly system... I love the metric system it makes so much sense!

If you need any more help, please feel free to ask!

I hope that website helps.

Sep 25, 2005, 11:22 AM
    Thank you very much for the unit conversions web site. It makes life a lot easier for me :)

Now that I know how much a cup and tablespoon is, I just have to learn what are all the ingredients called in Croatian :)

Is "oz" short for "ounce"?

Sep 25, 2005, 11:34 AM
    Yes, oz is short for ounce... good luck with the ingredients... tell me how it tastes when you make it!

Good luck!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Chinese tattoo [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, a friend of mine wants to tattoo chinese letters saying "only best is good enough". Does anyone knows how is that written in chinese? Thanks.

The number 8 in Chinese [ 2 Answers ]

Need the spelling in Chinese of the number 8 (eight) and the correct way it is pronounced. Thx!

Healthy baby meals? [ 4 Answers ]

My son is very under weight for 15month year old, the things that I've tried are not working. Does any one know of a good breakfast, luch, and dinner for his age? Excluding Baby food products(gerber,baby cereal)

Chinese Medicine Question [ 3 Answers ]

Most of my family has a kidney yang deficiency (as previously diagnosed by an acupuncturist. Does anyone know of any collection of recipes that help bring kidney yang into the body? Thank you.

Chinese engraving [ 5 Answers ]

My son wants the words Grandma and Grandpa engraved in Chinese onto an identity bracelet from them. Could someone translate for me please? Would this need special equipment? Thank you John Chapman

View more questions Search