Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    messedup Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 25, 2005, 01:10 AM
    I miss him...
    I dated him for about a year. (I later found out... )about the time he was going to propose I decided I needed to finish college, he left for the military to live out his dream. I didn't want to put myself or my career second for the rest of my life. It's now a year later. We've been emailing for about 2 months. I miss him more than anything. I can't tell him how I feel. I'd give up my future/career if it meant that I could be with him again. He was the last time I was truly happy. Should I tell him, or should I just move on?
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Sep 25, 2005, 04:52 AM
    Miss him
    Hi,
    Please don't give up your future/career for him or anyone else. There is someone out there for you, that you can have both.
    You say you have been emailing, where does he live? Can you talk with him in person?
    Find out how he feels; could be that he still likes you. If it will make you feel better, tell him how you feel. If he doesn't feel the same, then it's time to move on.
    But, don't give up your career for him; if he is really in love with you, then you two can work it out and you can have both. If not, then find someone else.
    Best wishes,
    fredg
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Sep 25, 2005, 05:56 PM
    If you feel as strongly about him as you seem to, then go for it. Just keep in mind that with him being in the military his obligations will take him away from you from time to time. However, you'll be well-provided for so giving up your career won't be an issue. Look into volunteer service at the base to keep yourself occupied and apply your skills during the times that he's unavailable because of his service obligations.
    Wildcat21 Posts: 3,582, Reputation: 435
    Ultra Member

Sep 25, 2005, 06:36 PM
    You have to eventually tell him you must!!

Keep the correspondence up. Can you get any clue how he feels??

If he was going to ask you to marry him he more than still has feelings.

You can work things out and eventually be together.

Don't rush into it.
    Tony2005 Posts: 60, Reputation: 5

Sep 26, 2005, 03:43 AM
    What's the connection between your career and being with him ? Do you think that he would ask you to leave your career if you want him in your life ? Why would he ask you to leave your career ? As long as he doesn't ask you to leave your career, you need not assume anything in advance. Go with the flow. If you think that you are compatible to him and can be happy with him for the rest of your life then continue writing letters. Gradually something will surely come up. But, you need not worry about your career. Maybe he wouldn't ask you to leave your career.
    cargentino Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Oct 10, 2005, 01:02 PM
    Fly Little Birdie!
    Honey, Let An "old Fogie" Give You Some Advice---please Do Not Give Up School/career For A Guy, It Is A Terrible "faux Paux"... all The Time, It Is Up To The Woman To Give Up Something, Always The Woman--even From My Friends Who Are 35 & Over... you Are Young, Educated, And Have Your Whole Life To Be Picky! Please Honey, Be Picky--set Your Standards High, And Go For The Gold... my Best Advice Is Any Relationship, That Offers Any "drama"---run As Fast As You Can!!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

I miss my ex [ 7 Answers ]

:( helo! wel i was just wandering if i am ever going to get back with my ex boyfriend. i dumped him, over silly reasons, and he said he couldnt get back with me, and we finished for good. but i still so much in love with him. he has a new gf, but about 1 month ago, he said he still loved me. havent...

I really miss my ex [ 31 Answers ]

Ok, I was dating a guy for almost 2 years. He isn't my first love but my first proper relationship, physically and emotionally. For almost 2 years things were amazing, we had our fights, obviously, but I was always grateful of him, I could never believe my luck that I had him. However, we both did...

I miss them [ 2 Answers ]

I lost my grandchildren to a new family its so unfair that we can not have contact I understand they have a new life but what about us the grandparents does that sound selfish I miss them really bad:(

I Miss Him Already! [ 5 Answers ]

I've recently been dating this guy I've known for almost 6 years. We've always gotten along really well and used to date when I was a lot younger. We stopped talking for a couple of years while we were both with other people. We reunited about 6 months ago and hit it off even better than it was...

View more questions Search