Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mami11 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 25, 2005, 12:08 AM
    Help choose laptop
    I am planning to buy a laptop. What's the best processor to have for my laptop? Another question, what's the difference between a pentium M processor and a centrino processor? Thanks! :)
    wzartv Posts: 402, Reputation: 21

Sep 25, 2005, 06:44 AM
    Hello,

Many of these things depend on what you are doing with your laptop. If you are using it for word processing, e-mail, etc. you can get a slightly lower speed processor and save some money.

But, if you are looking to be playing video games, working with video, playing music, or other high-processing things, you will want a faster processor, therefore spending more money.

Also, the processor doesn't always mean everything. A decent processor meshed with a good amount of RAM (memory) is still capable of doing a lot. The other specs play an important part with the processor.

So the answer would depend on what you want to do with the laptop and how much money you want to spend on it. Good luck!
    abnamro Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 15, 2005, 03:48 AM
    Centreno and pM
    This all depond on what is your needs

1) If you are normal user(like word /list songs/less internet) then go for Celeron M processor

2) If you want to use you laptop for your office use like lot of excel,calculations, Mails lot of travel and good battery then go for centreno

3) you are working with lot of graphics , you are a hrd rock music plan... need high grapic game then go of Truion chip from AMD

NB: centreno not a chip I, when Pentinum M processor combined with some feature (like if it have wi-fi and uses intel chiset 845 and above it became centerno...
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Dec 15, 2005, 04:12 AM
    All brands will have from cheap and slow to expensive and fast... so condider first which brand you like.

Then narrow it down to the features you want... and what that will cost you, THEN check those features with other brand's lines.

I like Acer, and just bought this one a couple months ago.

Here are some other Acers - showing features and price:
    http://www.microcenter.com/search_re...ca+Corporation

Rebates are popular now - so be sure to keep your eyes peeled for them.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 15, 2005, 07:01 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by mami11
    I am planning to buy a laptop. What's the best processor to have for my laptop? Another question, what's the difference between a pentium M processor and a centrino processor? Thanks! :)
    You can get more details abount Centrino at Intel's WEB site. But Centrino is not a processor is a system designed for mobile use. Its an entire chip set (including a mobile processor, bus, video, etc.) designed to reduce power consumption and increase battery life.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Which whitening cream to choose? [ 17 Answers ]

I've tried Makari and I noticed some changes. It made my skin smoother and more even in tones. I haven't tried the Whiterskin products nor the magic cream. I'm asking you guys for a recommendation to which product is more effective among these three brands: Makari, Whiterskin, Magic Cream. ...

How do I choose the right vinyl siding? [ 2 Answers ]

I am going to hire a contractor to put vinyl siding on my farm house, replacing the aluminum siding damaged by hail. I've heard quality of vinyl runs across the board. I don't want the cheap stuff they put on slab vinyl box homes. Some questions I have are: What should I look for in choosing...

Don't know which one to choose [ 6 Answers ]

OK so I'm dating my best friends ex and she swore that it didn't bother her because she was the one that told me that I should date him and I told her that if she ever had a prob with it to let me know. And so then there other day she told me that she did so then I broke up with him. Well after I...

How old till they can choose? [ 5 Answers ]

How old does a teen have to be till they can choose where they live? My daughter is 14 and she is very unhappy where she is at. She wants to come and live with me. If her dad decides not to let her come and live with me what can I do leagally? We have joint custody and they live with him.

How to choose software package [ 1 Answers ]

Dear Sir or Madam, I

View more questions Search