Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hamsterman Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 17, 2007, 05:49 AM
    My relationship thoughts
    I've been dating this girl for a year and 9 months, but a few months ago, things started to change from my side. It's like other girls interest me more than my girlfriend. My mind keeps racing over the Question, "Is this the person I'm going to sleep with the rest of my life?" I love my girlfriend with all my heart but I'm not sure if the flame is gone... I can't imagine my life without her, or the heartbreak that I'll cause if we were to split. Please Help me!
    125 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Sep 17, 2007, 07:38 AM
    First of all if you are interested in other women you should tell your girlfriend. Honesty is the best policy. If you feel the spark is gone in your relationship and you want to save it you should start doing things that once excited you both.
    LearningAsIGo Posts: 2,653, Reputation: 350
    Survivor

Sep 17, 2007, 07:58 AM
    I'm not sure you would want to tell her. If that were me, and we were just dating, I'd probably end it there. Honesty is the best policy, but silence is golden. Saying something like that would only hurt her feelings and possibly cause her to not trust you. If say, you cheated, than yes, you should confess. But just being attracted from a distance... I'd personally rather not know.

Try lighting the spark again to help you gain perspective. Take her for a romantic date, try new things... see if your passion is there but perhaps its gone by the wayside. Especially when you're younger, its easy to put sex on a high pedestal and to wonder if you're ready to be with someone FOR-EV-ER. The emotional attachment is always more important though, because the sexual side of your relationship can be worked on. Once you have a deep emotional bond, you can work around all those other issues that come up. So you have to decide if it CAN be worked on, or if it might be better if you broke up... maybe even remain friends.
    Ash123 Posts: 1,793, Reputation: 305
    Ultra Member

Sep 17, 2007, 09:53 AM
    At your age (i'm guessing you are under 25) its normal to question your relationship's lifetime potential.

You are seeing the world - literally and figuratively.

I think it's ok to look. and know that EVERY..every..every relationship requires work and compromise...so, you are not alone...

BUT - If you think you cannot go on with this girl or want to date others - request time off to be on your own... ASAP.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

In my thoughts [ 5 Answers ]

About 20 years ago I had a short, but very intense relationship with a man who I knew would be moving in a couple of months. He said once that I was like the girl in the movie "Bladerunner" because I was willing to become attached to him even though I knew that he would be leaving and he thought...

Thoughts on this [ 2 Answers ]

So I'm not sure if I have found my balance on how much to call my re acquired boyfriend. Lately its only been once a day so that I don't feel like I'm bugging him too much. Do you think this is enough or not enough? Also, when I talked to him yesterday he said he missed me (which he hadn't said in...

I need all of your thoughts... [ 15 Answers ]

My friend 'S' is 22yrs old and has so many problems with guys it's unreal. Recently she has been out on 3 dates with this guy 'K'. They have got on really well, had a lovely time he even invited her to a family party which is taking place in march. I have not seen her so happy in ages. ...

View more questions Search