Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    erbie627 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 16, 2007, 07:47 PM
    Trying to gain custody of my daughters.
    I am a father of 2 beautiful girls ages 9 and 11. My exwife is currently "homeless" for the second time in 6 years. When I tried to get custody the first time I was told it was a bump in the road. I am debating whether to file a motion to gain custody for this second time, but being a male has it's limitations. Can anyone tell me the best way to proceed with this in Wisconsin? My ex is living in her 20 year old daughter's house, sleeping in the basement. Thank you for any experiences you can share.
    biggsie Posts: 1,267, Reputation: 125
    Ultra Member

Sep 16, 2007, 09:10 PM
    I really wish there was something optamistic I could say to you

Unfortunately you are on a slippery slope - being a male

I think the deck is stacked against you - in this case

I would think maybe a lawyer may have an idea -- GOOD LUCK!

custody of my daughters - Google Search
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 16, 2007, 09:13 PM
    I wish I had better hope for you also, but all you can do is try, but living with a family member is not homeless, it is merely sharing a home.
    So unless the children are going hungry, not being feed, not getting medical care and so on, then there is little help

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Filed a custody pettition, daughters father in arrears with other children. [ 1 Answers ]

MY daughter is 3 yrs old, he bio father has not been in the picture consistently, he used to come by when he needed to borrow money but never spent time with her and once he got his business established he came by ever 2 or 3 months for anywhere b/t 25-55 minutes at at time... she does not know who...

Biological mother needs to gain custody [ 10 Answers ]

Hello. 3 Years ago my sister became pregnant with her child. She was 17 years old and the boyfriend she had at the time did not want to assume responsibility, himself being 17 as well. My parents opted to adopt her son and give him their military benefits, it was solely for that purpose but...

How can my aunt gain custody of me? [ 3 Answers ]

:) Hi, my name is Tasha and I am 14 years old. My life at home isn't so good.My aunt has invited me to come live with her in Houston Texas. What are the steps for her to gain custody of me? Also how would I go about getting a student visa ?

How can I gain custody of my sister? [ 3 Answers ]

Right now I'm trying to get a restraining order on my mother. We were living with my aunt and my mothers unstable attitude has rocked the house in disarray she has hit my aunt and cousin right now my aunt has a bruise on her eye. She has threatened me that she'll drag me out of the house to live...

Daughters custody before hurt [ 2 Answers ]

We had custody of my husbands children for all their life till 2 yrs ago and the mother got them back the children wanted to stay with us and the law guardian also recemmended they stay with us but the judge gave them back .since she has had them one child 3 yrs old died in her care her 1 son was...

View more questions Search