Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DAVE231 Posts: 91, Reputation: 9

Sep 24, 2005, 10:24 AM
    Printing Question
    Sometimes when I copy something from a website the words get a few letters cut off on thr right side of the page. This does not happen all the time, and does not happen when printing offline. Is it something I can correct or is the problem with the site? Thanks. Dave.
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Sep 24, 2005, 02:05 PM
    It has to do with varying page widths on websites.

Are you using right click > print?

I think that if you instead use copy/paste into a word processing app (like Word, if you want the pics and stuff too, or just Notepad if you want only text), then your prints will be complete; those programs will wrap the text to fit into the doc.
    Chery Posts: 3,666, Reputation: 698
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Sep 24, 2005, 03:05 PM
    While in Internet Explorer click on file, page setup, and change the margins there, then do a print preview - you'll see if it's all there before you click on print. Also if you have a PDF Virtual printer program like PDF2GO, you can get those for free, it will print everything on the pages of that website and can be saved and also be read by adobe acrobat. Just remember to change the margins. You could also do a file, save as, - which will save the whole site in HTML format with all the index files and subdirectories and *.gif files in a directory which would take up more space on your drive. On some websites, or newsletters, if you look far enough you can usually see a 'use printer friendly view' and when you click that those nasty adverts go away and you can print the whole document directly to your printer. Hope this helped.
    DAVE231 Posts: 91, Reputation: 9

Sep 28, 2005, 05:44 AM
    Thanks. Dave.
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Sep 28, 2005, 05:48 AM
    So it helped? I'm glad to be of help when I can. Did you rate me:rolleyes: ? I'm not really an expert in anything, just like to share the knowledge that I've gained myself. Have a good one..
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Oct 20, 2005, 07:41 PM
    Go2PDF
    The name of the program is Go2PDF, and it will install itself as a 'virtual printer', you can then go to your explorer and file, page setup, choose paper size, layout, etc. and even print preview your work. If you cannot find it PM me and I will let you know where to get it, as I subscribe to this paid site and can only send you the link that way. Just in case you are still interested. If not, just as the other post said, you can copy and past to Word, but sometimes it won't come out just right due to the different 'tables' included in the pages.
    That's the way I used to do it before I discovered the PDF program.
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Oct 21, 2005, 05:09 AM
    Printing from the web online
    Hi,
    Have you tried highlighting everything you want to print?
    Highlight all you want to print.
    Then, Right click on any of the highlighted area.
    Left click on Print, then put a checkmark by "Selection".
    This works for me about 99% of the time.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I have a question regarding skin. Question is on skin... [ 1 Answers ]

whenever I get hit or scratched, or bitten to hard, that area of my skin where is occurred gets red and then I get a white raised bump ( of skin) in the senter or along the redness. It goes away in minutes but still highly unattractive. What can I do to prevent this?? Sum 1 email me help....

View more questions Search