Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    annetteamr Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Sep 16, 2007, 03:53 PM
    Excessive thirst weight loss
    For the past 2.5 months my husband cannot get enough liquids in him. He has lost 12-15 pounds and gets us 5-6 times per night to urinate. All new things for him. He always had a strong sex drive that also has changed. He will be 45 years old this month. Any idea what this could be?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 16, 2007, 03:58 PM
    I'm guessing Type II diabetes. The only way he will get an accurate diagnosis is to see a doctor.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Sep 16, 2007, 04:12 PM
    Time to get him into the doctor tomorrow. These are all symptoms of Type II diabetes, except for maybe the weight loss. That is more typical of Type I than Type II. But the significant change that signals me to Type II is the excessive thirst as well as the nocturnal urination.

Make an appointment tomorrow for a glucose tolerance test.
    glnutrition Posts: 20, Reputation: 1

Sep 18, 2007, 08:45 PM
    These are all the symptoms I had when I went to the doctor and was diagnosed with Diabetes Type II. I lost 50 pouns in a years time. I was trying to lose weight so I just thought I was doing a good job with it...

I now have my diabetes under control with mostly eating right and a more active lifestyle... of course, I am gaining my weight back... Uggghhhh!!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Excessive Exercise For Weight Loss? [ 3 Answers ]

Hello all.. I'm a 19 year old male and I know it's not healthy to loose more then 2 lbs a week but I'm going to aim for 4-5 lbs a week. But is this VERY dangerous? My body needs 2200 calories a day to maintain my weight, so instead I'm going to eat 1200 calories which is 1000 calorie difference...

Weight Loss [ 3 Answers ]

:( :( :( :( :( :( I am 12 and I weigh 198.5 lbs I am trying how to lose 79 Lbs because I want to be skinnier so does anyone know how to help me! PLEASE

Weight loss [ 1 Answers ]

Hi,I have been trying to loss weight for about 10 years now,I'am fit but get bigger at night time,I have found out that my weight on the scale is 205 pounds, I have never been this big before,yet I don't look it,please help me to find away to loss this fat on my muscle and get back to my size 7...

Weight loss [ 5 Answers ]

I am 32 yrs old woman, height 5'2 , I weigh 145 pounds, I exercise 5 times a week since 6 months,but have lost only 1 pound weight.I have lost 3 inches though. I want to know why am I not losing weight

Are there natural products that aid in Weight loss? [ 6 Answers ]

Is there anything out there that helps with weight loss that is a "Natural" product? Please don't tell me about the "Self Control" pill or "Just stop eating" pill. I am grossly overweight and need to start on some kind of plan so I can slowly lose the extra weight over a year or so. Thanks...

View more questions Search