Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    juniorgz Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 16, 2007, 03:32 PM
    White collar charges
    I'll try and make this short...

I was arrested on suspicion of grand theft, burglary, identity theft, fraud and conspiracy charges, with a total amount of less than $8k.. Im 23 yrs old and this is my first offense ever! I know I need to talk to an attorney, that's a must. But I need some advice or some questions answered from someone that may know a little bit about this.. My main concern is that I don't want to end up in jail! Im hoping for 3-5yrs of probation & community service..

What are my chances of not going to jail? &
    What is a conditional sentence? &
    Is there anything I can do to prevent myself from going to jail?

Im from California..

Thanks for taking the time to read this...
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Sep 16, 2007, 03:51 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by juniorgz
    What are my chances of not going to jail?

We can't tell you. Without knowing the full details of the crime, we have no clue what the prosecutor will ask for. Being a first offense does work in your favor, but how deliberate the crime also does. If this was only one act it might help, but if you ripped off several people, that will work against you

What is a conditional sentence?
    Where you have to satisfy some conditions of behavior, doing community service, taking classes to rehab, etc. if you satisfy the conditions your sentence is reduced.

Im from California..
    Get a good attorney and follow his advice. Your best bet to stay out of jail is a plea bargain. If you plead not guilty and go to trial jail time is more likely.
    juniorgz Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 16, 2007, 04:29 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem
    We can't tell you. Without knowing the full details of the crime, we have no clue what the prosecutor will ask for. Being a first offense does work in your favor, but how deliberate the crime also does. If this was only one act it might help, but if you ripped off several people, that will work against you
    [/B]

Where you have to satisfy some conditions of behavior, doing community service, taking classes to rehab, etc. if you satisfy the conditions your sentence is reduced.

Get a good attorney and follow his advice. Your best bet to stay out of jail is a plea bargain. If you plead not guilty and go to trial jail time is more likely.
    That was helpful, thanks for the info and advice..

Anyone that has been in this type of situation please feed me some more info...
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Sep 16, 2007, 05:13 PM
    Hello junior:

For starters, don't talk to the cops (although it's probably too late for that), and hire the best lawyer you can afford. For now, that's about it.

Your chances of NOT going to the slam?? Depends a lot on the above two things.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

New collar and blue collar [ 14 Answers ]

What kinds of occupational complaints do service workers have? Would unionization may be able to help resolve some of those complaints? Is there any reason why a new collar workers would not want the same benefits and clout that blue workers were able to get by unionization? What might be some of...

A collar for obedience. [ 1 Answers ]

Hello... my husband and I have a 5 month old mini-dachshund puppy and I am now starting to take her to socialization class, as well as, intermediate puppy obedience classes. My question is if anyone knows a good collar that could help us with her tugging and choking when we walk. We have tried...

Prong Collar [ 1 Answers ]

I have a friend who has gotten into a method of training that I do not approve of. I think that the prong is a mean and harmful way to teach the dog to do things and she will not listen because she thinks her way is best. I know this has nothing to do with dogs or sick dogs. I need help in...

New collar and blue collar workers [ 2 Answers ]

Is there any reason why a "new collar" workers would not want the same benefits and clouts that "blue collar" workers were able to get by unionizing?

Dog collar [ 1 Answers ]

What is the coneicalcollar that is put around a dogs neck?

View more questions Search