Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Kay001 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 16, 2007, 11:00 AM
    Will he regret his decision and come back to me?
    My boyfriend has broken up with me for the 2nd time in 2yrs. He came back the 1st time and we were together 4 8mths but then we started arguing and I became possessive and jealous and he broke up with me.He says he still loves and cares about me and wants to stay friends and can't not have me in his life after 2years 2getha. We have a big age gap and I'm older than him and I think this is an issue for him. I want him back... will he come back?
    Ash123 Posts: 1,793, Reputation: 305
    Ultra Member

Sep 16, 2007, 11:49 AM
    How old are you?

How old is he?

What do you do/study for living?

(DO NOT CONTACT HIM RIGHT NOW)

Sep 16, 2007, 11:54 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Ash123
    How old are you?

How old is he?

What do you do/study for living?

(DO NOT CONTACT HIM RIGHT NOW)
    He's 23yrs and I'm 32yrs

He studies and I work
    Ultra Member

Sep 16, 2007, 12:09 PM
    Voila.

On paper, I hope it is clearer to you: You all are in different places in your lives.

He may come back if you leave him alone, but I'm not sure - unless it was a couple years from now - if it could last.

You all care deeply for each other, but are in different places in your lives.
    If you all talk again any time soon, you need to address this fact. And how your future would work. I think, as the older person, you REALLY need to consider the friend option for now. If you can.It would be a nice gesture. If not, ask for time and silence... In a few years, maybe you can be more... If not, at least you have the friendship. I have seen this dynamic before and a friendship was salvaged even if the relationship was not their fate.

Sep 16, 2007, 12:15 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Ash123
    Voila.

On paper, I hope it is clearer to you: You all are in different places in your lives.

He may come back if you leave him alone, but I'm not sure - unless it was a couple years from now - if it could last.

You all care deeply for eachother, but are in different places in your lives.
    If you all talk again any time soon, you need to address this fact. And how your future would work. I think, as the older person, you REALLY need to consider the friend option for now. If you can.It would be a nice gesture. If not, ask for time and silence...In a few years, maybe you can be more....If not, at least you have the friendship. I have seen this dynamic before and a friendship was salvaged even if the relationship was not their fate.
    We are in the same place,he doesn't study away.
    Ultra Member

Sep 16, 2007, 12:22 PM
    Umm, yes, I understand.
    What I meant was... You are in the same place "Physically" but not mentally.

Life is lived in stages: infancy, childhood, adolescence/puberty, early-adulthood and adulthood and mature adulthood...

He is in early adulthood and you are in adulthood.

He is bridging this gap now by separating. It is normal.

I know it HURTS... As an adult you need to respect that space... and let him move back into it as you go. But that can also be stressful to you - to wait. So, I would consider friendship in the future. And protecting yourself now if you need...

As for will he come back? If you leave him alone. I think he might circle back BUT I think he will leave again if he has not moved through to where he needs to get. Sometimes we cannot do that IN a relationship. And the age gap may be a problem. I have no doubt you all are great together and it's perfect, it's just a natural part of life... He is living it now.

Sorry. I think you all will talk again though.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ever dump a guy and then on second thought regret/reverse your decision? [ 5 Answers ]

This may or may not be a self-pity thread (I'm feeling pretty good right now), but I just wanted to ask the women on this board if they've ever dumped a boyfriend or divorced a husband only to regret making the decision weeks, months, or maybe even years down the line. I'm sure this has happened to...

When does he regret it? [ 23 Answers ]

When does he realize that I was the best GF possible? I put up with all of his moods, and did everything for him, (everything... ) with very little reciprocation. Why does he think he is "better off without me?" Why does he say he wants to see if he can be happier with someone else and needs...

I do something then regret it [ 2 Answers ]

I was in a car and a set of keys when I was thinking about something and then I started to push hard on my skin and make marks I was feeling the pain, but I kind of liked it in a way. :confused: so I had red marks all over my arem. Then when I was done I started to think why I did it... what...

I've done something that I regret [ 2 Answers ]

:( Hi my name is laura and I'm from the uk I came across this site just when I was on my laptop. Im only 13 but I have a big problem. I have already had sex with my boyfriend and were not together now but now I'm started to get addicted to it and I look 18 and boys always look at me and flirt with...

View more questions Search