Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    reecer Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 16, 2007, 07:53 AM
    Excel - frequency / mode / pivot table.
    Hi there,

I'm struggling to achieve my end goal in Excel;

I have a list of dates (presently the list of dates is divided into individual worksheets with 20 rows and 5 columns of dates per worksheet. I have 30-40 worksheets).

My objective is to obtain a list of the dates that match exactly, a list of the dates that are within 3 days of each other, a list of dates that are within 7 days of each other a list of dates that are within 14 days of each other and a list of dates that are within 28 days of each other. The list should then be sorted on a results page by which dates are the most 'popular'. For example, if January 1st 2009 matched exactly 5 times across the data and March 3rd 2024 matched 3 times, the list would commence with Jan 1st 2009 and then list the worksheets involved, and March 3rd would be listed next in the 'results' page with a list of the worksheets involved. For the 3 day window, there would be a list of all dates (and title of the relevant worksheets) that fell within 3 days of each other. Please note that the year as well as the date are relevant.

I have tried playing around with the Frequency and Mode functions within the data analysis section of Excel but to no avail. Any help that people could offer on this subject would be greatly appreciated.

I have tried to include an abbreviated version for your perusal so that you can see what I mean, but the sysytem tells me that my excel sheet is an 'invalid file'. So, apologies, but I cannot thus include the file example.

Thank you and regards,

Reece.

Check out some similar questions!

Furnace turns off at 'ON' mode and will not operate at 'AUTO' mode [ 6 Answers ]

The furnace will not turns on at "ON' mode. After some reading, I thought it would be the pilot light that has gone out. I re-lighted the pilot light to see blue-red flame, but the furnace will turn off AGAIN after 3-4 hrs. Replaced a new Honeywell non-programmable thermostat today with the...

Furnace turns off at 'ON' mode and will not operate at 'AUTO' mode [ 2 Answers ]

The furnace will not turns on at "ON' mode. After some reading, I thought it would be the pilot light that has gone out. I re-lighted the pilot light to see blue-red flame, but the furnace will turn off AGAIN after 3-4 hrs. Replaced a new Honeywell non-programmable thermostat today with the...

Frequency of filing [ 1 Answers ]

I filed Ch. 7 in Michigan in 2001`and converted to Ch. 13 in 2002. Can I file Ch. 13 again in 2007?

Frequency [ 1 Answers ]

If a wave has a frequency of 3 hertz and a wavelength of 1.5 meters, what will it's wave speed be??

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.