Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sbear Posts: 2, Reputation: 3

Sep 16, 2007, 07:49 AM
    Is he trustworthy?
    Before my boyfriend and I got together, he had a one night stand with someone he met while he was on a business trip. He tells me he loves me but he continues to correspond with her via text messages, emails and the occasional phone calls when she is in town. I asked him not to correspond with her anymore because I know she is still interested in him. This morning I found an email from her with several photos attached, mostly just faceshots but one with her in a 2 piece bikini. He wrote her back and said "you're cute, i've been thinking of you". When I confronted him, he just said he loves me and he has never cheated on me despite many opportunities to do so. He insists that it's not his fault that she continues to reach out to him and additionally I cannot tell him who he can talk to and I'm controlling.

He insists that I'm emotional, I just want to be able to feel confident in a relationship. He said he is sick of my insecurity... am I supposed to be OK with him making comments like "you're cute and i've been thinking of you"? That was very inappropirate, no matter how secure or insecure I might be.

Am I overreacting?
    lmnotok Posts: 217, Reputation: 37

Sep 16, 2007, 08:52 AM
    My Goodness, you are still very smooth to him. How lucky he was. But anyway, I see this problem might not be fought by confronting and arguing. Since it didn't work that way, right?

So what I suggest here is that why don't you use "coldwar" as a weapon? Just ignore him, if he asks you what's wrong, then you say "well, i guess i should withdraw, i dont like to be the 3rd person in ur life." If he still says he loves you then tell him "i'll always withdraw if u still contact her, i leave u freedom if needed, its her choice to contact u, but its surely YOUR CHOICE to ignore her, but u just didnt, so there, u made the choice and this is its result! I dont confront with u anymore, i just do what i have to do since u didnt really appreciate my words, ok thats it, bye".

Its time for action, lady :D
    Goodluck! Be strong and cold!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 16, 2007, 09:06 AM
    No, he is not, a "one night" stand does not keep talking, texting and emailling, this is a continuing relationship.

Of course he is "sick" of it, since you want him to stop being a dog sniffing around at other women. He is very wrong, and should be sleeping on the couch or at the local motel tonight, and honestly his cell phone and computer would be in the trashi f he did it again

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is the Bible trustworthy [ 4 Answers ]

There are so many different versions of the Bible, so I ask, "Is the Bible trustworthy?" If it is, why are there so many different versions of it? .

Brother Not Trustworthy [ 6 Answers ]

In February my Dad, now deceased, put my brother's name on my parents house by means of Quit Claim Deed. My Mother is still living and also signed the deed. Now my brother has moved in completely against the wishes of my Mother. Since the death of Dad, Mom has made a will, living will, and...

View more questions Search