Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hello4397 Posts: 68, Reputation: 1

Sep 16, 2007, 07:45 AM
    Homemade cat food recipe
    Hello everyone, I just ran out of cat food and I really don't feel like driving uptown, so does anyone have a easy cat food recipe?
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

Sep 16, 2007, 07:52 AM
    homemade cat food Recipes at Epicurious.com
    natural homemade dog and cat food recipe.  Introduction - raw meat diet for pets.

Try these until someone who has a good tried and tested recipe for you.

What do you have at home?
    Is there any fish items?
    hello4397 Posts: 68, Reputation: 1

Sep 16, 2007, 07:57 AM
    I heard your not supposed to put fish in their food
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

Sep 16, 2007, 08:03 AM
    What do you have in the house?

Here is a whole list of recipes for homemade cat food : Natural Pet Care Remedies | Cat Food Recipes | Homemade Cats Food
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

Sep 16, 2007, 08:08 AM
    I am not sure if that is scientifically or otherwise true.
    Better wait for the Cat experts, to find out if it is true.

When we used to have cats, they always loved (cooked) fish meals, with rice and/or veggies.
    One of the cats we had even loved papayas and I have not come across another cat that eats papaya like she used to.
    froggy7 Posts: 1,801, Reputation: 242
    Ultra Member

Sep 16, 2007, 10:06 AM
    Fatty fish can be very bad for cats. For one thing, they get hooked on it. And then their bodies have a hard time dealing with the excess fat. Plus, of course, it's no where close to being a balanced diet for them. Occasional treats aren't that bad, but as a steady diet it's a bad idea. Also, if you have a cat that vomits a lot, it can be due to a fish sensitivity.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I Need A Dog Food Recipe 4 My Puppy. [ 2 Answers ]

Ok Can U Guys Tell Me A Recipe 4 Dog Food?:rolleyes:

Dog.cat food.table food [ 7 Answers ]

I got a dog from my mother in law whom got her from a guy who got her from someone who couldn't take care of her. Well I believe she was beat and starved. When she got here she wouldn't eat or drink. She peed everywhere, and she is terrified of kids and loud people. She rarley goes to anyone beside...

Cat Food Recall [ 4 Answers ]

Can somebody please direct me to a list of the brands of cat food being recalled so my poor kitty doesn't die. Thanks :(

Recipe Trade: Here's my MarsBar Cheesecake Recipe (A real winner!) [ 1 Answers ]

From My Family Kitchen to Yours.. Want to trade a tried and tested family favorite? Here's one from my kitchen.. MarsBar Cheesecake, perfect for a Special Birthday - Sure to put a smile on that Birthday Persons dile:) This recipe is for a LARGE Cake - if you are catering for a smaller...

Best Cat Food in Stores [ 2 Answers ]

I'm currently feeding my two 4 month old kittens the Nutro Natural Choice Indoor Kitten hard food but was wondering if there's something better out there. I'd like something healthy, natural, and without all the crap that Iams or Eukanuba have. Thanks!

View more questions Search