Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    GlindaofOz Posts: 2,334, Reputation: 354
    Ultra Member

Sep 16, 2007, 05:39 PM
    I do have to add that if you go on birth control pills consider them to be your backup method not your primary method of birth control. You can still get pregnant while taking birth control pills. However the combination of the condom and birth control pills should keep you fairly safe.

Do not let your boyfriend talk you into having sex without a condom once you go on birth control. I actually would not even tell him. Boys can be very ignorant about certain things and yet think they know quite a lot.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Sep 16, 2007, 05:40 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by GlindaofOz
    I do have to add that if you go on birth control pills consider them to be your backup method not your primary method of birth control. You can still get pregnant while taking birth control pills. However the combination of the condom and birth control pills should keep you fairly safe.

do not let your boyfriend talk you into having sex without a condom once you go on birth control. I actually would not even tell him. Boys can be very ignorant about certain things and yet think they know quite a lot.
    Sorry just had to repeat this answer and give Glinda the credit. She is 100% correct on this issue!!
    Ultra Member

Sep 16, 2007, 05:41 PM
    Thanks J9!
    Expert

Sep 16, 2007, 05:42 PM
    ;)

You're a good egg Glinda :p
    worthbeads Posts: 538, Reputation: 45

Sep 16, 2007, 07:29 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by kayyoss
    i guess its just stuff everyone wants to experience.. and its not like hes someone that im just like oh ok lets go have sex.. like we waited a while we have been together almost 6 months. so yeah :]
    but thank you so much you have been an amazing help, i feel like i can finally relax and not worry about it now :]
    That doesn't make you ready for sex.

The best way to not get pregnant and not let your parents find out you are having sex is to stop having sex all together.

Ignorance will be your downfall...
    kayyoss Posts: 64, Reputation: 1

Sep 17, 2007, 12:24 PM
    OK well, can any girl answer this for me?
    My per. Isn't due until between the 1st and the 4th normally it comes around then of every month...
    Is it normal to start having cramps and stuff 1 - 2 weeks prior to it?
    Ultra Member

Sep 17, 2007, 12:25 PM
    What's the "and stuff" you are experiencing.

Sep 17, 2007, 12:27 PM
    Eh nothing actually just small cramps for right now *i just have a problem of adding and stuff at the end* but like just starting about yesterday or the other day I've been having small cramps and today its been a little worse but not very much worse... and its only happened about 4 times today... is that normal? Like its not BAD cramps that happen a few days before it.. just like small ones.
    Ultra Member

Sep 17, 2007, 12:33 PM
    I don't know if I would think that was associated with your period but I would wait for J_9 to come on. She is a nursing student so she knows a lot!

It might just be some stomach troubles since you've been stressing out for the past few days.
    alkalineangel Posts: 2,391, Reputation: 323
    Ultra Member

Sep 17, 2007, 12:34 PM
    While no form of birth control is 100% effective, if used correctly, you should be fine. The small percentage of ineffectivity normally includes those who use it incorrectly. I also agree with Glenda however, if you are not ready to accept the consequences you need to refrain, you are terribly young. If you wish to continue this, then plesae go to your local planned parenthood and get on the pill... use this in addition to the condoms. Good luck.

**EDIT** sorry for the repeat info, I totally didn't see any posts past the first page originally... :)
    cabrerafam Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 17, 2007, 12:38 PM
    me and my boyfriend finally had sex.
    he used a condom and did put it on right.
    Well, he used a condom but he DID not ejaculate at all.
    could i still get pregnant?
    i'm only 15 and im really scared. but i can't tell my parents anything :[
    help?:(
    There is still approximately a 3% chance of becoming pregnant. But this is among REGULAR users, not a one-time use. So the chances are even slimmer. However, at 15, if you are not ready to talk to your parents about having sex, then you probably shouldn't be having it at all. This is something that could have major ramifications on the rest of your life. Just think about it carefully before continuing down this path.

Sep 17, 2007, 01:03 PM
    Sooo let me get things straight,
    I'm fine being that he used a condom and did NOT ejaculate.
    My body is acting different because I'm stressing over it.
    And I'm having little cramps because my period is due soon but might be a little earlier or a couple days later because of stress?
    Expert

Sep 17, 2007, 01:05 PM
    Very good EXACTLY!!

Stress does very strange things to a body. It can make you feel pregnant, make your periods late and/or lighter, etc.

Again, if you are not yet ready to be pregnant you should be using two forms of birth control as birth control is not 100% effective.

Sep 17, 2007, 01:08 PM
    j_9
    But like I asked earlier,
    Is it normal for me to be having light cramps 1 - 2 weeks prior to my period which is due between the 1st and 4th of each month?
    Expert

Sep 17, 2007, 02:17 PM
    Yes, it can be normal. Most women call it PMS and it can happen a week or two before a period.

Sep 17, 2007, 02:28 PM
    K cause I normally get cramps at least a week before... its coming earlier cause of stress and nerves??
    Expert

Sep 17, 2007, 02:40 PM
    It very well could be because of stress. It could be that your cycle is changing also. You are very young and your cycle is not yet structured like it will be when you are in your 20s.

Sep 17, 2007, 02:50 PM
    :] thanks! I feel sooo much better now then what I did a few days ago.
    stonewilder Posts: 420, Reputation: 99

Sep 17, 2007, 03:21 PM
    As a safe guard for the future, if you're going to continue having sex you should go to your local health department and get on birth control. Be sure to continue using a condom though.
    worthbeads Posts: 538, Reputation: 45

Sep 17, 2007, 04:08 PM
    sooo let me get things straight,
    i'm fine being that he used a condom and did NOT ejaculate.
    my body is acting different because im stressing over it.
    and im having little cramps because my period is due soon but might be a little earlier or a couple days later because of stress?
    You still don't get the big picture. Stop having sex!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I Need Help Asap! [ 4 Answers ]

Please help me, I have been trying for a Baby for 3 years I have had no luck.I want to get pregnant I have try everything from herbs to medication can someone help me with any information.How can I increase my chance of getting pregnant :( :( :(

Please help... asap.. thank you [ 1 Answers ]

Hello: I have a dvd disk of Pink Floyd live in concert. Is there any way on my computer that I can burn just the music cd so I can listen to it in my car or on any other cd player. You can contact me at [email protected] or [email protected] Thanks, Paul

I Need Help Asap [ 1 Answers ]

I got to answer this question by tomorrow please HELP "determine which of two colors (red or green) is darker and lighter despite despite different hue and different values"

Need HELP asap [ 1 Answers ]

My ex and I just split up... we have an infant child as well. I need to know if I should move on or wait it out in hopes we can get back together. We currently are barely speaking after an ugly, ugly holiday season. :( His b-day is 2-11-69 Mine is 3-4-76 Any help would be...

View more questions Search