Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    John Da Posts: 195, Reputation: 3

Sep 15, 2007, 07:10 AM
    Replacement window
    I want to change out an replacement window installed 10 years ago. What's procedure to follow,to get new window with correct measurements????? Thanks :)
    glavine Posts: 895, Reputation: 87

Sep 15, 2007, 08:33 PM
    It will vary upon windows, but in general you measure from jamb to jamb make sure you not measureing from the window stop, and from the top jamb down to where the sash hits at the bottom.
    fizzlebent Posts: 40, Reputation: 2

Dec 2, 2007, 07:13 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by glavine
    it will vary upon windows, but in general you measure from jamb to jamb make sure you not measureing from the window stop, and from the top jamb down to where the sash hits at the bottom.
    Yes measure from Jamb to Jamb, but subtract a 1/2" that seems to always help so that you don't get a window to tight, and also allows for adjustable main frame screw to operate.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Replacement Window Cost [ 27 Answers ]

My wife and I are considering replacement windows for our house. I'm not interested in having every window company in the city calling us with their best deal, but I really want to know what I'm looking at from a cost perspective. We have 16 windows in the house, most are about 35 inches wide...

How to close all the childwindows(popup window) when closing the parent window [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, all In javascript I need to close all the child windows that I have opened through a parent window Scenario: Here I will be having as many as child window opened and name given to the child window can not be tracked because each will be having a different name, and I am using 70 to...

Window Companies [ 3 Answers ]

We received a phone call from a window company, saying that we were one of fifty people being put in for a drawing for free windows, also they would come out and give us a free estimate... at no cost... that we could have for later use or use with another company. I won't mention the name since...

View more questions Search