Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sarhbear201 Posts: 8, Reputation: 2

Sep 15, 2007, 05:52 AM
    Confused about him.
    OK well this might sound strange but I have this guy who I hook up with when I can... which is about once a month or so and I am starting to really fall for him when all he wants is a non-committment thing... he's already told me that he has been hurt before and doesn't really want a girlfriend and everything and I was cool with that... but now my feelings for him have grown... I'm not really sure what to do... plus I don't know that much about him and his past history with girls or if he is hooking up with other girls... should I quit and stop any further heart break or should I enjoy the fun while it lasts?? :confused: :confused:
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Sep 15, 2007, 06:02 AM
    Those darn feelings have changed and gotten in the way of this friends with benefits thing you have. Accept it for what it is, or get your heartbroken as these feelings will not go away.
    nicespringgirl Posts: 1,237, Reputation: 187
    Ultra Member

Sep 15, 2007, 08:21 AM
    when all he wants is a non-committment thing...
    When you are young, it's impossible to have a commitment, you don't know what's ahead of your life yet!
    So either bear with it or not dating.
    When I advice not to date when you are too young not settled dwon yet... who listens?
    Chery Posts: 3,666, Reputation: 698
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Sep 15, 2007, 08:30 AM
    I know how you feel. We all hope the we are that 'special one' and that the guy will eventually love us as much as we love him. It could happen, but again it could not. We never know until it might be too late.

Do you have the strength and stamina to continue the relationship as it is or not?

It all depends on how much more you feel you can invest without losing yourself.

Try telling him you want to see him more often and see what his reaction is. If he distances himself, then you have your answer. If he agrees, there is hope. Either way, you will know where you stand.

Good luck.

nkychic Posts: 180, Reputation: 70

Sep 15, 2007, 12:17 PM
    This is why I say "friends with benefits" doesn't work. It seems great at first, but feelings always get tied in. I'm going to be honest, it sounds like you are fighting a losing battle. He's already made up his mind, he doesn't want a relationship. You can't keep going back to him in hopes that he's changed his mind. Stop before you get any deeper than you already are. Tell him how you feel. If he wants to be in a relationship, then give it a shot. If he doesn't, then you need to stop doing this to yourself. Stop this whole "no comittment thing" and live your life. This has heartbreak written all over it.

<3 Leslie
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Sep 15, 2007, 01:33 PM
    That's entirely up to you. I think you see the writing on the wall here (whether you want to fully admit to it or not) so you've got to decide if you want to hold out for the inevitable result or just let it go now.
    imxinxonxit Posts: 60, Reputation: 3

Sep 16, 2007, 06:41 AM
    I would say to continue to see him until you find something more worth while,who knows he might come around.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Very confused. [ 7 Answers ]

Hello everyone, It seems of late I have really been thinking a lot about my sexuality and its become quite confusing for me. So I'm hoping that a fresh perspective might help me get things in order :) The thing is that I consider myself straight. I am attracted to men. However, whenever a...

Confused on what I'm becoming [ 4 Answers ]

Hello all During my day when I feel relaxed I reflect on myself. I ask myself questions and answer them. Some of the things that I'm having issues with is accepting what I'm becoming. For an example a year ago I went through a breakup. After the breakup I joined a gym and lost a lot of weight...

Confused [ 15 Answers ]

Thanks for taking the time to read this. My Ex boyfriend and were together for 3 and a half years.. I broke up with him in the beginning of the summer because I was having a bad time in my life.. and I needed to learn how to be independent.. and to see if I really loved him. Well basically I...

Confused! [ 6 Answers ]

I posted here that I want my ex back! I been taking lexapro and clonazepam for my depression and anxienty and let me tell you it really works! My exgirlfriend left me 2 months ago for some other guy that is not even paying attention to her and doenst want to see her or hang out with her. Last...

View more questions Search