Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Ruth4103 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 15, 2007, 05:51 AM
    Evaluation for a 4 year old
    It has been recommended that my 4 year old grandson have an evaluation for ADD. We live in New York State (Yonkers). I want to know how to go about getting an evaluation.
    macksmom Posts: 1,787, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

Sep 15, 2007, 07:04 AM
    Who recommended it... if it was his doctor then they should have given you information.

At that age many parents/family start having thoughts of their child having ADD. I did. My daughter at 4 couldn't sit still. While watching T.V. she constantly rocked back and forth back and forth (and as I look over at her now, she is 5, she is kicking her legs, drumming her fingers, and commenting on every commmerical :) ) But back to when she was 4... she wouldn't take naps, and the girl could go and go all night long, (she calls herself a "party animal" haha). There were many signs for ADD and ADHD. So I took her to her pediatrican.

He gave me forms to be completed by people she was around on a daily basis, family, friends, daycare teachers etc. They asked questions specific to the disorder and the answers were rated like "never" "sometimes" "often" "always". Once the forms were filled out I took them back to her doctor and he scored them. He said the only form that showed borderline ADD was the one filled out by her grandmother. The rest just showed I have an overactive 4 yr old. :)

So that is how they evaluated her, just forms/questionaires.
    RSM Posts: 43, Reputation: 4

Sep 18, 2007, 05:59 PM
    Ask your pediatrician or general practitioner for a referral to a neurodevelopmental pediatrician.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Screening/evaluation for 4 year old son [ 4 Answers ]

This is a screening/evaluation for intervention and special education. What does OT/PT/OH stand for? I googled it, but got nothing of use. Thanks if anyone knows.

Mental evaluation [ 1 Answers ]

To whom it may concern:hi,I jose walked into court today for a conference hearing with my public defender,and attorney has asked me if I wanted to do a mental evalution on myself,I jose stated to my attorney that there has already been an evalution on me by the treatment center I have been going...

Project Evaluation [ 1 Answers ]

Kolby's Korndogs is looking at a new sausage system with an installed cost of 490,000. This cost will be depreciated straight lint to zero over the projects five year life, at the end of which the sausage system can be scrapped for 40,000. The sausage system will save the firm 146,000 per year in...

Stock evaluation methods [ 1 Answers ]

You are appointed financial accountant at a hardware store. Which of stock evaluation method would you use , LIFO,FIFO or weighted agverage and why. Thank you

View more questions Search