Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nkychic Posts: 180, Reputation: 70

Sep 14, 2007, 09:21 PM
    New England Patriots
    Ok it doesn't seem that many people get on this board, but I wanted to throw a question out there and see if I can get some opinions.

Do you all feel that the Patriots received fair and just punishment for their actions? Do you think they did anything wrong in the first place?

I personally believe they were 100% wrong and got nothing but a slap on the wrist. Fining Bill Belichick $500,000 dollars is like fining me $0.50. And then the team is fined $250,000, which they make by simply saying hello to the camera man. Then of course you we take away their draft picks. Anyone who knows much about football knows that the patriots almost never use their draft picks anyway. They almost always end up trading them. I mean do you not think that this was simply a slap on the wrist. Especially when it happened no time after Roger Goodell declares '0' tolerance. I mean think about, Pete Rose is banned for LIFE from baseball for simply betting on his own team, but the ol' Bill Belichick can video tape/steal signs from another team and gets a fine?? A fine that he laughs at none the less.

Let me know what everyone thinks. Am I the only one that feels this way?

Leslie
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Sep 15, 2007, 04:28 AM
    Excuse me but you only earn $3/yr? The $500,000 represents 1/6th of Belichek's annual salary. I don't know about you, but losing 1/6th of my annual salary is going to hurt, no matter how much I make.

And while a quarter million is not a huge amount for the team, there was no proof that the team ownership was aware of cheating.

And draft picks are very important to every team. Even if they use them as trade bait. So the loss of the draft picks will hurt more than the monetary fines.

I'm actually surprised at the severity of the punishment. I thought he would get off more lightly.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

England before 1066 [ 4 Answers ]

William said that edward... to make him his heir(ie to be the next king) It's a crossword answer 8 letters .r.. I.. d And Much of the early history of england was written by monks, the name we give to such people is a... 10 letters... n... Thanks

Moving to England. [ 16 Answers ]

I am interested in moving to england from the US in the next year or two. How would I go about doing so? How would I be able to become a citizen? Are there certain things I would need? Thanks in advance, Kara

Studynig in England [ 4 Answers ]

I would like to study in England, and I search through the WEB for free universities in England, but I did not find any. Could you please tell me about a good and free (without paying) university in England?

Universities in England [ 2 Answers ]

Hi,can anyone help me?have you ever heart of the Birkback University of London.Is it real?Is it good?IŽll be happy to hearing from anyone who knows anything about this University.Thanks

View more questions Search