Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Shanni4 Posts: 25, Reputation: 4

Jun 5, 2008, 08:32 PM
    [QUOTE]When people call on the phone and don't speak don't have anything to say
    Sorry Treeny I'm guilty of that..
    Treeny Posts: 229, Reputation: 20

Jun 13, 2008, 08:43 AM
    I don't think so.. I wasent referring to you..
    starbuck8 Posts: 3,128, Reputation: 734
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Jun 14, 2008, 02:00 AM
    May I join in and say... oh boy... I didn't know so many things annoy me! I didn't have the energy to read all of the posts, because quite frankly, I was giving myself a headache agreeing with so many! ;)

I'll go with might possibly, but not exclusively, may be my top three!

Abusers, cheaters, liars, and the people that make excuses for their actions, or the actions of others, and blame it on the abused person.

People who buy their pets as an accessory, or an ego boost, and don't have a clue how to care for them... oh, and breeders, and puppy mills, when there are so many homeless pets. I should stop there, before I get carried away. ;)

Young kids who strive to be like Paris, Brittney, Lindsay... and end up with so many self-esteem, and other mental and physical issues.

I said only 3 right? I'll stop now, before my head explodes! ;)
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Jun 14, 2008, 07:46 AM
    I didn't read all the posts either, it annoys me reading about annoying things. (More later)
    Stringer
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

Jun 14, 2008, 09:36 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by starbuck8

Young kids who strive to be like Paris, Brittney, Lindsay...........and end up with so many self-esteem, and other mental and physical issues.

;)
    I just had to agree with that one!:eek:
    WVHiflyer Posts: 384, Reputation: 34

Jun 14, 2008, 09:38 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by gallivant_fellow
    ... horrible English errors.
    The lack of proper usage and grammar is also one of my 'pet peeves.' I know I split infinitives and dangle participles... but I get so tired of hearing folks say 'bring' when they mean 'take' (you bring something from there to here, you take something from here to there); say 'gone' when they mean 'went' - or even 'came' (and visa versa). Maybe that's what's going wrong these days: nobody knows if they're coming or going...
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jun 14, 2008, 05:17 PM
    People who give me reddies, don't they know I'm always right? ;);););):)
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

Jun 14, 2008, 09:23 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by WVHiflyer
    The lack of proper usage and grammar is also one of my 'pet peeves.' I know I split infinitives and dangle participles... but I get so tired of hearing folks say 'bring' when they mean 'take' (you bring something from there to here, you take something from here to there); say 'gone' when they mean 'went' - or even 'came' (and visa versa). Maybe that's what's going wrong these days: nobody knows if they're coming or going....
    I agree some posts are hard to read,but what comes to my mind is that as this site is used worldwide,we must remember that not everyone's first language is English and that sort of helps take the focus off the wrong terms used.

I am sure many are like me,who actually speak and use a different language at home and English is only a second or third language.:)
    starbuck8 Posts: 3,128, Reputation: 734
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Jun 14, 2008, 10:08 PM
    I agree Firmy. It's the ones that use text speak, with no punctuation or paragraphs/spaces, that drive me nuts though.
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Jun 16, 2008, 07:00 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by starbuck8
    I agree Firmy. It's the ones that use text speak, with no punctuation or paragraphs/spaces, that drive me nuts though.
    Ditto!
    Text speak is for the cell phone, not email and certainly not message boards and this site. I find that annoying.
    WVHiflyer Posts: 384, Reputation: 34

Jun 17, 2008, 04:15 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by firmbeliever
    ...we must remember that not everyone's first language is English and that sort of helps take the focus off the wrong terms used....
    I'm not talking about those for whom Eng is a 2nd lang, I'm talking about the instances of atrocious grammar in common use. Not just by those one talks to every day but how the incorrect usages are spread in the media - most egregiously in newspapers, where there are supposed to be editors. It makes one think that grammar class has somehow become an elective, even in grade school.
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Jun 17, 2008, 07:11 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by WVHiflyer
    I'm not talking about those for whom Eng is a 2nd Lang, I'm talking about the instances of atrocious grammar in common use. Not just by those one talks to every day but how the incorrect usages are spread in the media - most egregiously in newspapers, where there are supposed to be editors. It makes one think that grammar class has somehow become an elective, even in grade school.
    I know what you mean, and I agree. The grammar young people use is atrocious. Don't they teach it in school anymore?
    I don't understand why people think it is appropriate to text rather than spell a word out when not sending a text message.
    Etiquette has just gone out the window, which is probably my biggest peeve; Ruddiness

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search