Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lADiE ENVy Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Sep 14, 2007, 06:18 PM
    do tongue piercings hurt?
    I want to get my tongue pierced but I'm real scared that it will hurt because my tongue is thick and I can't stand the thought of a needle going through my tongue. I don't even think they will be able to pierce it because knowing me I will probably flinch lol. And another thing I wanted to know is that if it hurts when you get your ear lobe pierced (that tiny piece of skin on the side middle onf your ear)? Someone told me that it hurts really bad and if they don't pierce it the right way that you could be paralized. Well yea anyway I was just wondering (=
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

Sep 14, 2007, 06:31 PM
    When it comes to pain during piercing it is all up to your tolerance for pain. I have a high tolerance for pain, so piercings do not hurt me.

For me, the tongue piercing just felt like a little pinch. But afterwards it will swell and get sore.

That little piece of cartilage in the middle of your ear is called the Tragus piercing. Since that is cartilage, it will hurt a little more than other piercings.
    BabyLeesh Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 16, 2007, 01:10 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by lADiE ENVy
    i want to get my tongue pierced but im real scared that it will hurt because my tongue is thick and i can't stand the thought of a needle going through my tongue. i dont even think they will be able to pierce it because knowing me i will probably flinch lol. and another thing i wanted to know is that if it hurts when you get your ear lobe pierced (that tiny piece of skin on the side middle onf your ear)?? someone told me that it hurts really bad and if they dont pierce it the right way that you could be paralized. well yea anyways i was just wondering (=
    Hi
    Yeahh I'm getting my tongue done tomoz and I'm very scared
    I have had my tragus done and can honestly say it was the least painful one I've had and I'm usually a big baby when it comes to pain and I'm only 14
    So don't worrie go for it and good luck x
    Ultra Member

Sep 16, 2007, 01:13 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by BabyLeesh
    Hi
    Yeahh im getting my tongue done tomoz and im very scared
    Don't be scared, its nothing. :p
    heidirobinson Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Sep 16, 2007, 02:16 PM
    Don't Do It It Hurts Sooooooooooooooooooooo Bad I Punched The Peircer Don't Do Ittttttttttt Dddddddooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnttttttttttt
    Ultra Member

Sep 16, 2007, 03:40 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by heidirobinson
    Dont Do It It Hurts Sooooooooooooooooooooo Bad I Punched The Peircer Dont Do Ittttttttttt Dddddddooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnttttttttttt
    You punched the piercer? Well, I bet he is not ever going to try to pierce you again.

To the OP, freaking out and getting violent is a perfect example of what not to do. Please, do not hit your piercer. The way I see it, you asked for the piercing, if you think it hurts, that is your fault for volunteering to get the piercing. It is not the piercers fault.
    onenonlymanders Posts: 5, Reputation: 0

Sep 16, 2007, 05:17 PM
    I've had my tongue done 2 times to me it tickled a little bit they clamp it and then stick a needle threw it and its kind of cool because you can feel the needle go threw
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Sep 16, 2007, 05:23 PM
    Hello:

I don't know. I've gone my whole life trying to avoid having my skin pierced. Why?? Because it hurts.

excon
    nicespringgirl Posts: 1,237, Reputation: 187
    Ultra Member

Sep 16, 2007, 07:47 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon
    Hello:

I dunno. I've gone my whole life trying to avoid having my skin pierced. Why???? Because it hurts.

excon
    So you problly don't have a tat either!! :eek: because it hurts! :rolleyes:
    Elephant! :p
    macksmom Posts: 1,787, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

Sep 16, 2007, 08:40 PM
    Well it's a big needle going through your tongue... it's not actually going to feel pleasant.

But it's over quickly, the most "pain" comes from afterwards, while it's healing. Most people's tongue swells afterwards, and it's hard to talk and eat. So that's annoying.

But honestly it is over quickly.

I've had mine pierced a total of 3 times. Once when I was 17, then a year later I got a second barbell put in so I had two. Then when I got pregnant I took out all my piercings, then got my tongue done again (just once) about a year ago.

It's not bad... but you have to take care of it. Make sure you are ready for it before you sit down to have it done.
    sheema_1 Posts: 70, Reputation: 3

Sep 17, 2007, 04:43 AM
    Hehe get them to numb your tongue... I was so scared thought I would flinch to then the lady came out wit this gel and said she can numb it for me... I was lyk fewww lyf saver haha...

And after I recommend you don't stop eat ice blocks hehe I didn't n the swellin went dwn in less then a day eating 24hrs after... now my fav peircing
    1guyver2 Posts: 38, Reputation: 3

Jun 22, 2008, 06:19 PM
    I just got mine done 5 days ago and I was really scared!! I hate needles!! I didn't get mine numbed, when I got I didn't even fell it! People would tell me that and I wouldn't believe them but I really didn't fell it at all
    I was really light headed afterward even though I ate a footlong sandwich from subway right before I got it done
    mimi1227 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 18, 2008, 01:28 PM

Me, I'm terrified of needles but I got my tongue pierced 2 days ago (thursday afternoon ) and it felt like a pinch. It hurts a little while after and all you do is put iceo on it n your fine...
    blair2140 Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Nov 19, 2008, 08:13 PM

Too be honest it doesn't hurt at all. It is sore for about 10 dayz afterward. But it is TOTALLY worth it. Ive got 10 piercings. The industrial was worse and that wasn't even that bad
    Sbrom_x Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Mar 10, 2009, 07:31 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by macksmom View Post
    Well it's a big needle going through your tongue....it's not actually going to feel pleasant.

But it's over quickly, the most "pain" comes from afterwards, while it's healing. Most people's tongue swells afterwards, and it's hard to talk and eat. So that's annoying.

But honestly it is over quickly.

I've had mine pierced a total of 3 times. Once when I was 17, then a year later I got a second barbell put in so I had two. Then when I got pregnant I took out all my piercings, then got my tongue done again (just once) about a year ago.

It's not bad...but you have to take care of it. Make sure you are ready for it before you sit down to have it done.
    I just had my tongue done and I hate pain... I had the implant put in my arm and that hurt so muc h more... I realised that the anesthetic did not work I felt it go through but it wasn't a sharp pain it was just a pushing feel.

Yes your right pain came afterwards! Ouch!!
    I found it easier to eat things straight away
    Xxx
    Rynylovesyou Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 14, 2011, 05:13 AM
    I am 13 got mine done 2 days ago yes it hurts a little but just a pinch... the pain is more in the healing proccessss
    Rynylovesyou Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 14, 2011, 05:15 AM
    Got mine done 2 days ago yes it hurts a little but just a pinch... the pain is more in the healing proccessss
    poobum1234567 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 31, 2011, 12:55 PM
    It doesn't feel like anything at all, I had mine done when I was 14, and it doesn't feel like anything, the best part is howing it off to your friends;)

But beware, if you are a singer do NOT get it done, as it can tweek your vocals..
    yoyojo Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 31, 2011, 12:21 PM
    Tongue piercings are nothing after having a kid natrually. When I got mine done at 14 I thought it hurt but not very much. Then it swelled and was sore for a bit. Now I am 15 and just got it done like 2 months ago and it is no pain compared to labor
    ramona_ Posts: 222, Reputation: 47

Apr 2, 2011, 12:13 PM
    The most pain you'll feel during the procedure is the clamps. Afterwards it won't hurt, it'll just be very uncomfortable so make sure you stock your kitchen up with soft goodies like jelly, yoghurt, mashed potato, ice chips, ice cream etc. good luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Piercings [ 15 Answers ]

Um.. I got a question, and I hope someone would be able to help me.. I am going to self pierce a second hole but my mom said I could do it myself so I need some advice..

Tongue piercings [ 5 Answers ]

Hey, Does anyone if your tongue swells after you get it pierced. If so, does it affect your breathing ability. What should not be eaten in the first week or so of getting your tongue pierced? If someone would reply please do so.

Does tongue piercing hurt? [ 29 Answers ]

Hey guys I'm 15 and id like to get my tongue piercied profesionally but I'm scared that it hurts.does it hurt?and does blood come out? Message me asap tnx

Questions about belly button, eyebrow, nose and tongue piercings! [ 33 Answers ]

OK, I'm not sure where to ask this exactly, so I thought at least someone who reads this may be able to relate. I really want to get my bellybutton pierced, but I do want to know the precautions, what could go wrong, could it seriously affect my health if something were to happen, and the whole...

Piercings [ 3 Answers ]

Hey guys, OK I have a 4 month old industrial peircing and it has these little bumps on the ends of each hole and I use sea salt and once and a while peroxide, do anyone know what else I can do to make them go away or will they go away in time, cause I know it takes 6 months to a year to heal.

View more questions Search