Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

Jul 27, 2007, 02:51 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Morganite
    Is the Bible trustworthy?
    I would also like to add that even though we muslims do not follow, nor completely agree with the current bible/s, we do believe that a book was revealed to Jesus (alaihi salaam) during the time he was in this world and we also believe that the original teachings of his are the same as the basic muslim beliefs(One Creator,One Lord).

We also believe that the basics of the original teachings of Jesus (alaihis salaam) is included in the final revelation which is called the Quran.
    Hence I would refrain from saying whether the bible is trustworthy or not as there are teachings in it that still agree with Islamic teachings and by commenting on it, I unknowingly maybe calling false what the Almighty had revealed to the people living at the time of Jesus (alaihi salaam).

I have also found many Christians who have read the Quran and understood it and believed in it and reverted(we call them reverts more than converts as we believe that it is what our natural state is i.e to believe in One Lord and submit to One God).
    They seem to have found the Quran to be trustworthy and all of them were not Christians in name only, many of them were priests etc ,so I guess they must have studied the bible and the Quran too.

http://www.islamtomorrow.com/yusuf/p..._preachers.htm
    http://muslimconverts.com/converts/Ahmed_Didat.htm
    http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2630

:) :)
    Morganite Posts: 863, Reputation: 86

Jul 28, 2007, 03:02 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma
    Unless you are a woman and don't feel like being submissive all your life.
    I believe you are confusing scripture with custom. There is no requirement in the Koran for women to hold any but an exalted position. Some cultures do not correctly observe this, and some observe it in ways that are distorted.

There again, some Christian sects do not pemrit women to speak or teach in their churches, but others do, in spite of Paul's culturally determined opinion.

M:)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I don't trust him [ 5 Answers ]

My husband and I have been married for 7 years. We had some problems like all marriages, I thought but last Xmas he decided he wanted the divorce because he was not in love with me and could not leave like that anymore. He wanted freedom. He changed his mind about two months after that. He asked me...

Should I trust him? [ 26 Answers ]

I have a hard time trusting people in general but I'm dating my ex again after 3 years of not talking we broke up the 1st time 3 years ago because he cheated on me and I don't take that crap but I took him back a 2nd time and the same thing happened and now I'm dating him again 3 years later for...

Trust [ 7 Answers ]

I have been cheated on and beat since the age of 16. I am now 32 yrs old. How do you put all that behind you and trust a man?

How Can I Get Him To Trust Me Again? [ 2 Answers ]

Recently my boyfriend and I got into a huge fight. I have always had problems trusting the guys that I am with. I don't know why, but I always think that I can't trust them. Anyway... we got into a big fight one night and I had always told him that I trusted him. I have always trusted him. The...

Koran [ 2 Answers ]

THE KORAN A concise summary The Koran consists of 114 chapters or Surahs. The Surahs are subdivided into verses, altogether 6200. The shortest Surahs have three verses (Surah 108 and 110), the longest has 286 verses (Surah 2). The Surahs revealed to the Prophet in Mecca are earlier and...

View more questions Search