Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    LibertadLibre Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 14, 2007, 03:26 PM
    Pigmentation of tongue
    Hello,

I am writing because 6 years ago I noticed a dark pigmentation on the side of my tongue, I asked my dental hygenist about it and she mentioned that it was because I am of dark skin color and through the years dark pigmentation can start appearing on the tongue.. so I accepted her professional answer and let it go. A couple of years later I noticed that on the other side of my tongue I had another dark spot and also I had little dark dots on that side as well, they were not that noticeable, and so I thought OK well it's the pigmentation the hygenist was talking about.. but I was still concerned and so I asked my dentist about it and he told me that it was normal, that it was not cancerous. But I have noticed that with time they have increased in size, not by much, but they have increased, and on one side they have gotten a little bit darker, and now today I noticed that on the tip of my tongue I have faint little dots, they are very small and faint but I suspect that they are going to get darker with time.
    My dentist told me that if the pigmentation doesn't hurt and if it's not bumpy than I have nothing to worry about... but I am worried... because I don't really know what this is, I have tried to research it with no success, and well now I am at a point where I want real answers to this. So I am seeking your advice, and your professional opinion on this, since my health is very very very important to me.
    I am also planning on going to the doctor next week to ask about this.
    Thank you kindly for your time and attention, and I hope you can help me find answers to this. I am only 25 years old and I have never had any serious health problems, and so I want to understand why I am getting this on my tongue.

Thank you and have a nice day.

Rosalina
    apple112 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 12, 2012, 06:33 AM
    I have the same problem as Rosalina. I am going to check it out with the doctor and see what I can find. Did you ever find out what it was?
    Casha Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 21, 2012, 10:12 AM
    You guys are crying over a little pigmentation on the tongue.. I was born with it, about 90% of my tongue has brown spots suuupeeeer annoying when people ask me: What's wrong with your tongue, and I have to reply that I was born with it and that I don't know what it is, adleast the brown spots you have are not that visible..
    I really need help, ASAP I need to get rid of this. I could take some pictures and show you guys, its really weird.
    seabreezegirl Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 21, 2013, 01:57 PM
    Hey guys any luck with this I have the same problem? Please let me know your findings, cause I have not been successful either everyone says the same thing not to worry about it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pigmentation on the face [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I need some help from anybody who has pigmentation marks, I was considering buying Civant Skincare/Meladerm from the USA for skin lightening. I have a dark patch over my lip and on my cheeks brought on from taking the pill and sun. I have just finished having face peels and sets of blue and red...

View more questions Search